Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock Draft 2017 - Carolina Panthers War Room

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Total Control Mock Draft 2017 - Carolina Panthers War Room Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

With FFMD being officially nixed for the year, Total Control Mock Draft, created and ran by ny92jefferis, will be the forum's biggest full-facet offseason mock draft. The system is done almost entirely through Google Docs that ny92jefferis has worked tirelessly through the years to get as close to perfect as possible.

It's a whole lot of fun, and very orderly. This mock draft has typically been a solo-GM venture, but with FFMD not happening this year, the thought was there to try to make it a more forum-wide venture.

I'll be running the Panthers this year. If any of you (Lasus, P11, Toughguy) have any interest in being part of this in lieu of FFMD, please feel free to hop on board.

If you have any questions, let me know, and I'd be glad to help.

Draft Picks:
1.8 - Jonathan Allen - DE/DT - Alabama
2.40 - Budda Baker - FS - Washington
3.72 - Roderick Johnson - LT - Florida State
3.99 - Isaiah Ford - WR - Virginia Tech
4.113 - Jeremy Sprinkle - TE - Arkansas
5.153 - Wayne Gallman - RB - Clemson
6.192 - Marquez White - CB - Florida State
7.236 - Travis Rudolph - WR - Florida State

Depth Chart:

Free Agency
Resign
Draft
Extended

Offense:

QB: Cam Newton / Case Keenum / Derek Anderson
RB: Jonathan Stewart / Fozzy Whittaker / Christine Michael / Wayne Gallman / Cameron Artis-Payne
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR1: Kelvin Benjamin / Devin Funchess / Isaiah Ford
WR2: Ted Ginn / Russell Shepard / Stevie Johnson / Travis Rudolph
TE: Greg Olsen / Jeremy Sprinkle / Logan Paulsen
LT: Michael Oher / Roderick Johnson / Jake Long
LG: Andrew Norwell / Ted Larsen
C: Ryan Kalil / Tyler Larsen
RG: Trai Turner / Ted Larsen
RT: Austin Pasztor / Daryl Williams

Defense:
RE: Nick Perry / Dwight Freeney / Ryan Delaire /
UT: Vernon Butler / Jonathan Allen
NT: Star Lotulelei / Stephen Paea / CJ Wright
LE: Jonathan Allen / Kony Ealy /
WLB: Thomas Davis / Jeremy Cash /
MLB: Luke Keuchly / Bruce Carter / David Mayo
SLB: Shaq Thompson / Bruce Carter /
CB1: James Bradberry / Louis Young /
FS: Kurt Coleman / Budda Baker /
SS: Jahleel Addae / Tre Boston / Duke Ihenacho
CB2: Daryl Worley / Marquez White
Slot: Brice McCain / Zack Sanchez

K: Graham Gano
P: Andy Lee
KR: Ted Ginn
PR: Ted Ginn
LS: Jeff Jansen

Trades:

None, I'm too antisocial Laughing

Free Agency:

Round 1:
Nick Perry - DE (7 years, $77M w/ $26.5M guaranteed)

Missed:
Charles Johnson (1yr/3.4M/2.5M)
Ricky Wagner (4yr/34.5M/$18M)
Riley Reiff (4yr/$35M/$19M)

Round 2:
Kyle Juszczyk - FB (3yr/$9.75M/$3.5M)
Doug Free - RT (1yr/$6.75M/$3.25M)
Austin Pasztor - T/G (4yr/$15M/$5M)
Ted Ginn - WR (2yr/$6.25M/$3.75M)

Round 3:
Jahleel Addae - SS (6yr/$27.615M/$13M)
Brice McCain - CB (slot) (2yr/$7M/$4.5M)
Fozzy Whittaker - RB (3yr/$3.285M/$1M)

Missed:
Alex Okafor - EDGE (3yr/4.035M/$1.75M)

Round 4:
Bruce Carter - LB (2yr/$2M/$450k)
Ted Larsen - LG (1yr/$1M/$225k)
Dwight Freeney - DE (1yr/1.55M/$550k)

Round 5:
CJ Wright - DT (1yr/$775k/$75k)
Logan Paulsen - TE (1yr/$775k/$20k)

Missed:
Marquess Wilson - WR (2yr/$1.84M/$275k)

Round 6:
Duke Ihenacho - S (2yr/$1.5M/$20k)
Jake Long - T (1yr/$1.18M/$280k)
Russell Shepard - WR (4yr/$7.95M/$1M)

Round 7:
Case Keenum - QB (2yr/$3.5M/500k)
Christine Michael - RB (2yr/2.07M/$591k)
Stephen Paea - DT (2yr/$3.33M/$770k)

Round 8:
Stevie Johnson - WR (1yr/$1M/$100k)

Missed: Jamaal Charles (1yr/$1.19M/$290k)

Cuts:
Mike Tolbert
Gino Gradkowski
Ed Dickson
Paul Soliai

Extensions:
Star Lotulelei - (6 years, $33.45M [$10.3 guaranteed])
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM


Last edited by burnoutonme on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheduled Event Dates & Times

Official Start Date: Sunday, February 19th @ 08:00 AM EST


League Office Opens - Sunday, February 19th

Waiver Wire - Continuous during the entire mock draft.

Trades and cuts will be available to be made

Franchise / Transition Tag Deadline - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST

RFA Tender Deadline - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST

ERFA Designation Deadline - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST

Round 1 of Free Agency Bidding
Deadline to have contracts created - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST


RFA Offer Sheet Submit Due Date from New Team - Wed, 22nd @ 11 PM EST

Franchise / Transition Tag Offer Sheet Deadline - Wed, 22nd @ 11 PM EST

Match Offer Sheet for RFA & Tagged Deadline: Thur, 23rd @ 11 PM EST

ERFA / RFA / Tagged players Added to Rosters - Fri, 24th @ 10 AM EST

Receiving of Franchise / Transition Tag contract Extensions Fri, 24th @ 10 AM EST

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created - Fri, 24th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Fri, 24th @ 11 PM EST

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created Sun, 26th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results Sun, 26th @ 11 PM EST

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created Tues, 28th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results Tues, 28th @ 11 PM EST

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created Thur, March 2nd @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Thur, March 2nd @ 11 PM EST

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created Sat, March 4th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Sat, March 4th @ 11 PM EST

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created Mon, March 6th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Mon, March 6th @ 11 PM EST


NFL Draft Start Date and Times
Tues, March 7th @ 10 AM EST
Each Draft Pick Selection will be provided a 40 minute window


Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Mar 8th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Wed, Mar 8th @ 11 PM EST

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created - Thur, Mar 9th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Thur, Mar 9th @ 11 PM EST

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created - Fri, Mar 10th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Fri, Mar 10th @ 11 PM EST


Claim Last Years Practice Squad Players
Opens - Fri, March 10th @ 2 PM EST
Closes - Sat, March 11th @ 9 PM EST

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created - Sat, Mar 11th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Sat, Mar 11th @ 11 PM EST

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)
Deadline to have contracts created - Sun, Mar 12th @ 10 PM EST
FA Bidding Results - Sun, Mar 12th @ 11 PM EST


UDFA:
Immediately following the last pick in the draft which is scheduled to end on Tuesday the 21st of March, the UDFA period starts and will continue for 3 days or until the last selection is made.
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3511
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to stage a mutiny, Vikings style, and kill your whole village for this...
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
I have decided to stage a mutiny, Vikings style, and kill your whole village for this...


I have no village, it's just me Laughing

That is...unless you want to hop on board officially Razz
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3511
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
I have decided to stage a mutiny, Vikings style, and kill your whole village for this...


I have no village, it's just me :lol:

That is...unless you want to hop on board officially :P


I had no idea that anything had to be official. You know what I'm good at and I'll help in any way I can.
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to kick around the idea of extending Norwell and/or Trai Turner this offseason, but they don't fall under the criteria for being eligible for an extension. Star does, however, and I'm going to look into that possibility. If Star will be affordable, it makes KK expendable, with Vernon Butler waiting in the wings.

KK will almost certainly be tagged, and potentially shopped. If he were to be dealt, which I'd be interested in doing, the team trading for him would have to sign him to an offer sheet. It'd be interesting to see how that unfolds. As Ive said at various times through the past year, KK is in the same age/contract situation as Josh Norman was, and I'm not really that comfortable signing a fellow to a 26 year old's contract when he's turning 29.

Anticipating trying to make at least one splash move in FA, but we'll see. Not really interested in overpaying for mediocrity.
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3511
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Was going to kick around the idea of extending Norwell and/or Trai Turner this offseason, but they don't fall under the criteria for being eligible for an extension. Star does, however, and I'm going to look into that possibility. If Star will be affordable, it makes KK expendable, with Vernon Butler waiting in the wings.

KK will almost certainly be tagged, and potentially shopped. If he were to be dealt, which I'd be interested in doing, the team trading for him would have to sign him to an offer sheet. It'd be interesting to see how that unfolds. As Ive said at various times through the past year, KK is in the same age/contract situation as Josh Norman was, and I'm not really that comfortable signing a fellow to a 26 year old's contract when he's turning 29.

Anticipating trying to make at least one splash move in FA, but we'll see. Not really interested in overpaying for mediocrity.


I'm on board with all of that.

Any contract for Star would need to be effective after his 5th year option contract has expired.

For the tag-n-trade of KK... it is soooooo highly irregular IRL that it is almost never seen... especially not for big names. I'm not sure that I would be happy with it being done more. It would all-but-eliminate the top FAs coming into the open market. Buncha back-door shady deals going on between teams and agents n such.
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Was going to kick around the idea of extending Norwell and/or Trai Turner this offseason, but they don't fall under the criteria for being eligible for an extension. Star does, however, and I'm going to look into that possibility. If Star will be affordable, it makes KK expendable, with Vernon Butler waiting in the wings.

KK will almost certainly be tagged, and potentially shopped. If he were to be dealt, which I'd be interested in doing, the team trading for him would have to sign him to an offer sheet. It'd be interesting to see how that unfolds. As Ive said at various times through the past year, KK is in the same age/contract situation as Josh Norman was, and I'm not really that comfortable signing a fellow to a 26 year old's contract when he's turning 29.

Anticipating trying to make at least one splash move in FA, but we'll see. Not really interested in overpaying for mediocrity.


I'm on board with all of that.

Any contract for Star would need to be effective after his 5th year option contract has expired.

For the tag-n-trade of KK... it is soooooo highly irregular IRL that it is almost never seen... especially not for big names. I'm not sure that I would be happy with it being done more. It would all-but-eliminate the top FAs coming into the open market. Buncha back-door shady deals going on between teams and agents n such.


You're right. And I actually backed off of tagging him at all, the more I thought about it. I took that money and gave it to Nick Perry, because I wasn't going to give Mario Addision the 5 year deal that he was asking for (he's 30.) Perry may have played 34OLB in GB, but he's completely capable of putting his hand in the dirt. He's a stout run defender and provides a great deal of pass rush juice.

Struck out on Reiff and Wagner. Offered them both about $18M/$19M guaranteed with an APY of $8.7M over 4 years. Still got outbid. Bummer.
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3511
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Was going to kick around the idea of extending Norwell and/or Trai Turner this offseason, but they don't fall under the criteria for being eligible for an extension. Star does, however, and I'm going to look into that possibility. If Star will be affordable, it makes KK expendable, with Vernon Butler waiting in the wings.

KK will almost certainly be tagged, and potentially shopped. If he were to be dealt, which I'd be interested in doing, the team trading for him would have to sign him to an offer sheet. It'd be interesting to see how that unfolds. As Ive said at various times through the past year, KK is in the same age/contract situation as Josh Norman was, and I'm not really that comfortable signing a fellow to a 26 year old's contract when he's turning 29.

Anticipating trying to make at least one splash move in FA, but we'll see. Not really interested in overpaying for mediocrity.


I'm on board with all of that.

Any contract for Star would need to be effective after his 5th year option contract has expired.

For the tag-n-trade of KK... it is soooooo highly irregular IRL that it is almost never seen... especially not for big names. I'm not sure that I would be happy with it being done more. It would all-but-eliminate the top FAs coming into the open market. Buncha back-door shady deals going on between teams and agents n such.


You're right. And I actually backed off of tagging him at all, the more I thought about it. I took that money and gave it to Nick Perry, because I wasn't going to give Mario Addision the 5 year deal that he was asking for (he's 30.) Perry may have played 34OLB in GB, but he's completely capable of putting his hand in the dirt. He's a stout run defender and provides a great deal of pass rush juice.

Struck out on Reiff and Wagner. Offered them both about $18M/$19M guaranteed with an APY of $8.7M over 4 years. Still got outbid. Bummer.


Let me guess... Reiff went for 13M/yr
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Was going to kick around the idea of extending Norwell and/or Trai Turner this offseason, but they don't fall under the criteria for being eligible for an extension. Star does, however, and I'm going to look into that possibility. If Star will be affordable, it makes KK expendable, with Vernon Butler waiting in the wings.

KK will almost certainly be tagged, and potentially shopped. If he were to be dealt, which I'd be interested in doing, the team trading for him would have to sign him to an offer sheet. It'd be interesting to see how that unfolds. As Ive said at various times through the past year, KK is in the same age/contract situation as Josh Norman was, and I'm not really that comfortable signing a fellow to a 26 year old's contract when he's turning 29.

Anticipating trying to make at least one splash move in FA, but we'll see. Not really interested in overpaying for mediocrity.


I'm on board with all of that.

Any contract for Star would need to be effective after his 5th year option contract has expired.

For the tag-n-trade of KK... it is soooooo highly irregular IRL that it is almost never seen... especially not for big names. I'm not sure that I would be happy with it being done more. It would all-but-eliminate the top FAs coming into the open market. Buncha back-door shady deals going on between teams and agents n such.


You're right. And I actually backed off of tagging him at all, the more I thought about it. I took that money and gave it to Nick Perry, because I wasn't going to give Mario Addision the 5 year deal that he was asking for (he's 30.) Perry may have played 34OLB in GB, but he's completely capable of putting his hand in the dirt. He's a stout run defender and provides a great deal of pass rush juice.

Struck out on Reiff and Wagner. Offered them both about $18M/$19M guaranteed with an APY of $8.7M over 4 years. Still got outbid. Bummer.


Let me guess... Reiff went for 13M/yr


Let me see...

Close. Looks like his deal was;

4 years - $45,900,000 - $26,000,000SB

So an APY of $11.475M.

I don't think that's unrealistic at all, particularly with the drastic increase in salary cap.
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested, I made updates as to where the roster is up until this point. Some highlights;

Nick Perry was signed to man the side opposite Kony Ealy. Some may say he's a 3-4 linebacker, but he's really got the versatility to both. He's a fantastic run defender and pass rusher. The fact that I was able to land him for only $26M guaranteed has got me stoked. Kawann was signed for $50M guaranteed. But not by me, haha.

Kawann was let go. I rescinded the franchise tag in true Panthers fashion. I did attempt to resign him at a lower value than the franchise tag, but he ended up going to Atlanta for $15M APY and $50M in signing bonus, which far exceeds what I was willing to pay him (especially with Vernon waiting in the wings and Star being extended for $33M total.) I think I got the better end of this deal, swapping Perry for Short at half the guaranteed money.

I brought in Lasus' boy Kyle Juszcyk. In a funny sense of irony, the Ravens signed Mike Tolbert. I'm with Lasus - love the dude. Complete package, probably the best FB in the league.

Ginn was brought back on a team-friendly deal. I think he's our best WR, to be honest. Glad for this move.

Remmers was allowed to walk, and I brought in Doug Free and Austin Pasztor top man the tackle spots. For those of you who don't know Pasztor, he started at RT for the browns last year, grading out as the #34 overall tackle in PFF's ratings. He's still very young and at the price I paid for him, I'm ecstatic.

As it sits, Michael Oher is unlikely to play again (from DG's comments today about him being in his sixth month in the protocol, I think that's a fair assumption.) Free will likely play LT in this situation, which it's debatable whether he can effectively do that at this point in his career. I was banking on Oher's health to some degree, after being priced out of the LT market. I wasn't about to overspend long term on a guy that could be a liability, like Matt Kalil. Band aids until we get our next Gross.

Addae is a risky move. I really just like his playing style enough to take a gamble on him. He plays extremely hard, and was absolutely outstanding last year. Unfortunately, he sometimes has a hard time staying on the field due to his hard hitting playing style. The sky really is the limit with this guy, though, at least to me. I think he's the total package. At $4.5/M a year, I think he was worth the risk. This move allows for Kurt Coleman to go back to his ballhawking role at FS.

Brice McCain is my boy. Incredibly underrated slot CB, one of the better ones in the league by my own estimation. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it, believe me, you should hear people talking about him, they just can't stop.

But yeah - anyway. Other signings are depth. Freeney still has juice and has been a mentor to Vic Beasley, which hopefully he can be to Kony. Larsen is a great backup LG. I was concerned with our OL depth, as we've seen what happens when your reserves are garbage.

Love to hear some thoughts from some of y'all.
_________________

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3511
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested, I made updates as to where the roster is up until this point. Some highlights;

Great... I'm interested... lets begin...

Nick Perry was signed to man the side opposite Kony Ealy. Some may say he's a 3-4 linebacker, but he's really got the versatility to both. He's a fantastic run defender and pass rusher. The fact that I was able to land him for only $26M guaranteed has got me stoked. Kawann was signed for $50M guaranteed. But not by me, haha.

"Not gonna happen" - DGs words, not mine. So, IRL, KK will play his Tag out or get a long term deal. For the purposes of this mock, I can't fault you or say I would do any different.

Kawann was let go. I rescinded the franchise tag in true Panthers fashion. I did attempt to resign him at a lower value than the franchise tag, but he ended up going to Atlanta for $15M APY and $50M in signing bonus, which far exceeds what I was willing to pay him (especially with Vernon waiting in the wings and Star being extended for $33M total.) I think I got the better end of this deal, swapping Perry for Short at half the guaranteed money.

See above... I like this move for TCMD

I brought in Lasus' boy Kyle Juszcyk. In a funny sense of irony, the Ravens signed Mike Tolbert. I'm with Lasus - love the dude. Complete package, probably the best FB in the league.

He and Reiff are my #1 FA targets. Juszcyk (pronounced: "YOU" sh-check) is criminally underrated by fans. Dude lays the absolute friggen lumber, is young, has great vision and hands. You know, as you say above, that he's my boi

Ginn was brought back on a team-friendly deal. I think he's our best WR, to be honest. Glad for this move.

God I hate that "Ginn is our best WR" is an accurate statement.

Remmers was allowed to walk, and I brought in Doug Free and Austin Pasztor top man the tackle spots. For those of you who don't know Pasztor, he started at RT for the browns last year, grading out as the #34 overall tackle in PFF's ratings. He's still very young and at the price I paid for him, I'm ecstatic.

Remmers allowed to walk? Realistic and you know I hate the guy... something in me keeps nagging that we need him as depth. He would be a wonderful backup to have in our pockets. You would know, if he came in, exactly what you were getting and that he knew the system down-pat. The market will take him, though.

I swear... you and Doug Free. Pasztor I have no opinion on... don't know enough about him... hasn't been on my radar but I dayum sure trust your judgement


As it sits, Michael Oher is unlikely to play again (from DG's comments today about him being in his sixth month in the protocol, I think that's a fair assumption.) Free will likely play LT in this situation, which it's debatable whether he can effectively do that at this point in his career. I was banking on Oher's health to some degree, after being priced out of the LT market. I wasn't about to overspend long term on a guy that could be a liability, like Matt Kalil. Band aids until we get our next Gross.

you shoulda paid Reiff :)

Addae is a risky move. I really just like his playing style enough to take a gamble on him. He plays extremely hard, and was absolutely outstanding last year. Unfortunately, he sometimes has a hard time staying on the field due to his hard hitting playing style. The sky really is the limit with this guy, though, at least to me. I think he's the total package. At $4.5/M a year, I think he was worth the risk. This move allows for Kurt Coleman to go back to his ballhawking role at FS.

I don't know if it is Addae... but 100% agree that Coleman needs to go back to FS.

Brice McCain is my boy. Incredibly underrated slot CB, one of the better ones in the league by my own estimation. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it, believe me, you should hear people talking about him, they just can't stop.

This guy is and has been your guy for years. No surprise here and can't get mad at ya, either.

But yeah - anyway. Other signings are depth. Freeney still has juice and has been a mentor to Vic Beasley, which hopefully he can be to Kony. Larsen is a great backup LG. I was concerned with our OL depth, as we've seen what happens when your reserves are garbage.

I may be in the minority with you, but I have wanted to bring in Freeny for years. I would much prefer him to a guy like Peppers or Mario Williams (except for that we would have the Mario brothers if we signed Mario Williams). The guy, as you say, is an excellent situational pass rusher and a vet/mentor.

Can't ever argue with OL depth... but have you seen how many OL players we have right now on the roster? spoiler alert: It's a lot.


Love to hear some thoughts from some of y'all.

See above.
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group