Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiper and McShay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Kiper and McShay Reply with quote

Does anyone pay for ESPN? If so, could you post their latest mocks. I know Kiper came out with one today, and McShay last week. Thanks!!!
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel had us taking Taco at 1.8. I like him as a prospect but I think that's a reach. We'll see how he tests at the combine. Maybe that will put him in the top 10.

I don't understand why Barnett is falling. I've seen mocks with him in the last couple picks in the 1st. The guy broke Reggie White's all time sack record at Tenn and has good size at 6-3 270lb.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
Mel had us taking Taco at 1.8. I like him as a prospect but I think that's a reach. We'll see how he tests at the combine. Maybe that will put him in the top 10.

I don't understand why Barnett is falling. I've seen mocks with him in the last couple picks in the 1st. The guy broke Reggie White's all time sack record at Tenn and has good size at 6-3 270lb.

Let him slip... I would love to come out of this draft with Fournette and Barnett

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
atown703

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

Let him slip... I would love to come out of this draft with Fournette and Barnett
That would be amazing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I'd also love this.
ericr0319

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I'd also love this.
I think everyone would love this...but, it would be interesting to see a top 10 pick fall that far. There would def be question marks. Does he have character issues?
Lasus83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
PR wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I'd also love this.
I think everyone would love this...but, it would be interesting to see a top 10 pick fall that far. There would def be question marks. Does he have character issues?

Barnett only has "prototypical size" issues. People are moving size and potential up draft boards right now... It is not that he is falling, more like DEs are rising and taking over his spot. Again, it is an awesome DE class.

Some guy, in the forums, mocked Malik McDowell to us today in the 3rd round. That would be fantastic... I mean, the steal of a lifetime. Guy has played every DL position from the 1 to the 7 tech. He will end up as a 4-3 DE and be perfect for a scheme like ours.

1. Fournette
1b. Barnett (would have to be a trade-up scenario)
3. Mcdowell

that would be my wet dream.

PR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
PR wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I'd also love this.

The knock on him is that they don't see him explosive off the line of scrimmage which will dramatically drop his numbers at the next level as some scouts believe he will be washed out by the edge protectors.

In reference to McDowell, being a Michigan fan and watching McDowell at Michigan State the guy isn't impressive. Maybe as a run defender, but not in the pass rushing sense. He reminds me of Sheldon Richardson
Lasus83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
PR wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:

I'd also love this.

The knock on him is that they don't see him explosive off the line of scrimmage which will dramatically drop his numbers at the next level as some scouts believe he will be washed out by the edge protectors.

In reference to McDowell, being a Michigan fan and watching McDowell at Michigan State the guy isn't impressive. Maybe as a run defender, but not in the pass rushing sense. He reminds me of Sheldon Richardson

It is hard to argue with someone who watched every game... because I sure didn't.

I have watched tape on him, though and I came away with a couple points.

1. He has a solid anchor. The kind of anchor you would see out of a short 320lb guy... which is exactly what you are talking about... he looks solid against the run.

2. He has limited moves in the pass rush. The justification for this being that he was a jack of all trades, playing between the 1 and 7 tech. Michigan had him inside a lot which is not where more talented (sorry) teams would have played him. This resulted in the inability to master any one position... which, for him, will ultimately end up being 4-3 DE.

3. His playing weight was high due to playing inside. He was listed around 275 but probably played closer to 290. If he drops to that listed level, he can gain speed and explosiveness.

He compares, to me, to Danielle Hunter. Someone I was VERY high on when he came out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: