You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith Reinstated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopper15 wrote:
He was once on track for a Von Miller/Justin Houston type extension. I don't even know how he sleeps at night with so many millions of dollars he's thrown away.

Marijuana is a great sleep aid..

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
What did I just say a few days ago. Homie can't keep his name out the papers.

But oh, "it was only because of the dysfunctional 49ers".

But oh, "at least he never hit up on any woman".

Time to put down the Raiders cup.

Who even said that? Half of Raider fans I've seen on here have been pessimistic. Including me.

He's probably talking about my OP post when I said people claiming Aldon shouldn't be reinstated when others have done far worse like Domestic Violence. I never once stated I had any kind of optimism for Smith which I've made clear many times in the Raider forum. Just a ton of over reactions about him being in the league again.

If this is real then he is done. Let's wait for some evidence though. Everyone jumped the gun on the Elliott domestic violence reports as well.

Your issue is that you wanted an all-pro pass rusher to fall into your hands so badly, that you were willing to disregard the tainted character/personality that came with that player. Hell, you even went as far as insulting the previous organization that was so patient and tried so hard to fix him. An organization that, at the time, was in a better place and presented a better professional environment than yours had in the last decade. In conclusion, the Raiders didn't do anything to deserve the caliber of a player that Aldon is (and I mean this discreetly). There's no history there. The Raiders didn't even draft him, better yet, signed him as some UDFA. This is an all-pro, defensive player of the year type player in his prime that kicked his way out of the league..and nobody wanted to take on his awful baggage anymore...do you seriously want him this way??

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Who even said that? Half of Raider fans I've seen on here have been pessimistic. Including me.

He's probably talking about my OP post when I said people claiming Aldon shouldn't be reinstated when others have done far worse like Domestic Violence. I never once stated I had any kind of optimism for Smith which I've made clear many times in the Raider forum. Just a ton of over reactions about him being in the league again.

If this is real then he is done. Let's wait for some evidence though. Everyone jumped the gun on the Elliott domestic violence reports as well.

Your issue is that you wanted an all-pro pass rusher to fall into your hands so badly, that you were willing to disregard the tainted character/personality that came with that player. Hell, you even went as far as insulting the previous organization that was so patient and tried so hard to fix him. An organization that, at the time, was in a better place and presented a better professional environment than yours had in the last decade. In conclusion, the Raiders didn't do anything to deserve the caliber of a player that Aldon is (and I mean this discreetly). There's no history there. The Raiders didn't even draft him, better yet, signed him as some UDFA. This is an all-pro, defensive player of the year type player in his prime that kicked his way out of the league..and nobody wanted to take on his awful baggage anymore...do you seriously want him this way??

If he did what he might have, no one wants him. Trust me.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
BayRaider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

You pretty much answered your own question here.. Reggie took a chance on him because he is a DPOY type talent. It was a risk they could take with how well the organization is running right now. Small risk big reward type situation. What is this whole "don't deserve him didn't draft him" non sense? The NFL is a business. It doesn't matter who drafted him or if a team "deserves him". You sound extremely bitter if Aldon did actually work out.

If he did indeed commit domestic violence, his career is over. Not a big deal for the Raiders, he was never actually included in our off season plans in any way what so ever. Just a gamble that might pay off.
iothar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Why give Smith the benefit of the doubt? He comes back just to get tangled up in police matters again. Oakland should take a stand and cut him now. It looks much better than cutting him if the investigation turns anything up.

It's a distraction and you could put a stop to this circus time now.
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Aldon smith....I remember when the chargers were getting him mocked to us nonstop in 2011.

It's a shame his issues have gotten to the point where they have, the DUI's the Alleged domestic assault, the airport and gun charges, The Alcohol.

I hope he's able to find some sort of mental stability later in life.
A.J. Jenkins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
A.J. Jenkins wrote:
What a surprise that as a player moves to someone's football team, they become *insert name here* apologists. I understand that everyone wants Aldon Smith to turn things around, but the notion that you can attribute his behavior to the "support system" on a team is a super meh.

He may do well, he may not, but the stories some people seem to tell themselves about why the outcome will fit their narrative is ridiculous. Support system? Does that just equal more winning? What is this support system? Who's in it? What does anyone really know about their teams "support system" besides what you read on Bleacher Report?

What does anyone really know about there team then if that's the case?

Obviously Raider fans hope he succeeds, because well you know, he's on their team...

Probably not very much, you know everything that's public. Speculating on things like a support system is silly.

Everyone hopes that he succeeds besides your occasional bitter person. It's fine to hope more if you're a Raider fan, but making an argument based on a support system is irrational.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Why give Smith the benefit of the doubt? He comes back just to get tangled up in police matters again. Oakland should take a stand and cut him now. It looks much better than cutting him if the investigation turns anything up.

It's a distraction and you could put a stop to this circus time now.

Because he's innocent until we know he did something. That would be ridiculous to let him go just because he was implicated in a police probe. At least see WHAT he actually has to do with it. Trust me, our GM doesn't care how it "looks". If Aldon is actually innocent, Reggie will want him because he can help us win.

If he had something to do with DV... well, there isn't an owner that tolerates it less than ours.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

You pretty much answered your own question here.. Reggie took a chance on him because he is a DPOY type talent. It was a risk they could take with how well the organization is running right now. Small risk big reward type situation. What is this whole "don't deserve him didn't draft him" non sense? The NFL is a business. It doesn't matter who drafted him or if a team "deserves him". You sound extremely bitter if Aldon did actually work out.

If he did indeed commit domestic violence, his career is over. Not a big deal for the Raiders, he was never actually included in our off season plans in any way what so ever. Just a gamble that might pay off.

Why is this so hard to understand for some people?, the game is ugly and full of bad dudes (If you understand football you know you have to be a bad dude to succeed at this high of a level). If an organization feels they have a good support system in place to support a guy like this, why not. Why get upset and appalled when it doesn't work out, it seems fake to me.

As far as Smith the player, what a waste, he was the perfect combination of elite athleticism and elite technique which is rare. I actually used cut-ups of his film to show my players how easy the game can be when you use great technique. I hope he can get his act together and salvage his career while he still has the legs to do so
G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-season begins and no Aldon. His football days may be over...
Axiomatic52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a thug and doesn't deserve the privilege of playing in the NFL.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axiomatic52 wrote:

What do you mean by "Thug"?

Please extrapolate (means expand on your statement)
opeth0500

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axiomatic52 wrote:

Lol calling someone a thug and having a murderer in your sig.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Pre-season begins and no Aldon. His football days may be over...

Hes definitely done. He got countlees opportunities to stay away from trouble and couldn't. Cant hold the mans hand forever
fluhartz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opeth0500 wrote:
Axiomatic52 wrote:

Lol calling someone a thug and having a murderer in your sig.

lol.. that and an [inappropriate/removed] in their avi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: