Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: DRD's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Re-sign:
William Gholston - 4 years, $27 million, $10 million guaranteed
Bradley McDougald - 3 years, $14 million, $5 guaranteed
Jacquizz Rodgers - 3 years, $10 million
Russell Shepard - 3 years, $10 million
Joe Hawley - 2 years, $6 million
Josh Robinson - 2 years, $5 million
Akeem Spence - 2 years, $4 million
Daryl Smith - 1 year, $2.5 million

Comments: Pretty basic signings. Gholston gives our DLine versatility and an attitude and McDougald has done enough to earn a longer contract. These deals won't break the bank and they will give our defense continuity. Quizz is a solid fit for this offense and with Doug's future up in the air we reward him with a solid deal.

RFAs/ERFAs Tendered:
Adam Humphries
Andrew DePaola
Cameron Brate
Howard Jones
Jacquies Smith
Jude Adjei-Barimah
Ryan Griffin
Ryan Russell

Released:
Doug Martin - saving $7.76 million
Alterraun Verner - saving $6.5 million
George Johnson - saving $2.25 million

Free Agents:
Dontari Poe - 4 years, $55 million, $25 million guaranteed
Kendall Wright - 2 years, $9 million
Margus Hunt - 2 years, $6 million

Comments: Mike Smith's defenses have always been strong up the middle and Clinton McDonald is on the last year of his deal and is serviceable at best. Poe is a bonafide playmaker that would force offenses to choose who they want to single up...McCoy or Poe? That should put us in a great position to improve our run defense and put more pressure on opposing QBs. Kendall Wright was awesome early in his career, but he fell out of favor with the new regime. He's a nice bounceback candidate. Hunt worked with Jay Hayes in Cincinnati and he has the size and strength to push Gholston.

Draft:
1st round: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
2nd round: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
3rd round: John Johnson, S, Boston College
4th round: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
5th round: Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah
6th round: Tarik Cohen, RB, North Carolina A&T
7th round: Brad Seaton, OT, Villanova

Comments: Koetter has gone into this offseason with YAC and explosive plays at the forefront of our team's needs. Howard and JuJu address those needs in a big way. Howard is a well-rounded TE that was extremely underutilized in Bama's offense. We run a lot of our offense out of 2 TE sets, Howard and Brate would be pretty tough to stop. JuJu has a rawness to his game that could turn some people off; however, IMO, he fits Licht's draft prospect profile. He loves the game, his teammates love him and he has a super high ceiling. An absolute bull with the ball in his hands he would be a fantastic compliment to Evans. John Johnson doesn't get talked about enough. He's a versatile playmaker that will probably garner more attention after the combine. This RB class is historically strong, but with most teams content to roll with RBBCs I think that we can wait until the middle rounds to address the position. Perine is a battering ram that should become a fan favorite quickly. Dimick won't test well but his hand usage and pass rush repertoire are advanced. Cohen has video game quickness and he would immediately step in as our returner, a sore spot last year. Seaton is the kind of developmental OLineman that we seem to look for; athletic with an attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite offseason so far.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the offseason man.

Just 1 thing is that we didn't address the Offense line that much other then the 7 round pick. If we can come away with Wagner and your Offseason it would be the best out of the bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this mock offseason except the first pick... would rather go for a position like DE, RB or CB before we pick OJ HOWARD.
If BARNETT is available we have to pounce on him, dalvin cook or Tabor from UF.
JUJU has been getting a lot of bad press right now not sure why but grabbing him in the 2nd round is a win.
Even if we steal POE the more quality and depth you have on the front 4 is clutch. Injuries happen all time and it seems to happen a lot on the front 4 plus need to keep them fresh in this passing league.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is good DRD

Love the FA's, hope we add another WR tho. Im not the biggest fan of JuJu, but at that pick I could live with it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xlfrosti wrote:
Like the offseason man.

Just 1 thing is that we didn't address the Offense line that much other then the 7 round pick. If we can come away with Wagner and your Offseason it would be the best out of the bunch.

I hear you man. The only reason why I didn't do much with the OLine is that it seems that Sweezy will be back. If he is healthy he gives us a lot of options.

We could go with:
LT - Smith
LG - Pamphile
C - Marpet
RG - Sweezy
RT - Dotson

Or maybe...

LT - Smith
LG - Sweezy
C - Hawley
RG - Marpet
RT - Pamphile

I like the 2nd option because it keeps Marpet where he is, but who knows? I also like Pamphile more than most and coming into a contract year I think he's going to bring it this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the offseason. Poe and wright are not worth the contracts. I'd prefer Hankins who might be a better fit. Poe is hot and cold for me.

Wright I continue to read has work ethic and conditioning issues. Licht and new Titans GM are good pals. I'm sure he'll have insight but I'd go a different route.

Draft wise I like. I'm a fan of perine but I think he goes a round earlier than where you have him.
Juju smith is a boom or bust for me. I want to see how fast he really is.
I'm with you on Johnson out of BC. Sleeper and an all around stuf.
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
xlfrosti wrote:
Like the offseason man.

I hear you man. The only reason why I didn't do much with the OLine is that it seems that Sweezy will be back. If he is healthy he gives us a lot of options.

We could go with:
LT - Smith
LG - Pamphile
C - Marpet
RG - Sweezy
RT - Dotson

Or maybe...

LT - Smith
LG - Sweezy
C - Hawley
RG - Marpet
RT - Pamphile

I like the 2nd option because it keeps Marpet where he is, but who knows? I also like Pamphile more than most and coming into a contract year I think he's going to bring it this year.

I see what you saying I can see the 2nd one happening. I think I read somewhere that the team said they are confident with are O-line

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xlfrosti wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
xlfrosti wrote:
Like the offseason man.

We could go with:
LT - Smith
LG - Pamphile
C - Marpet
RG - Sweezy
RT - Dotson

Or maybe...

LT - Smith
LG - Sweezy
C - Hawley
RG - Marpet
RT - Pamphile

I see what you saying I can see the 2nd one happening. I think I read somewhere that the team said they are confident with are O-line

I have read the same. We have really good depth and future potential, but RT and C are still trouble areas, at least IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the Poe addition to the DL. The run game gets stronger at the point of attack and a lot more athletic up front. Gerald McCoy and Poe yeah good luck deciding who you want to double. I'm all for upgrading the trenches and line him up next to McCoy and we'd see dominance.

I can live with the lack of OL pick-ups only because with Howard we're going to see a crap load of 2 TE sets. That alone will help the exterior part of the line and help in pass protection and still poise a threat as a receiver. That's why NE has been so good at masking their line. Those 2 TE sets really spark the run game and passing out of it has its advantages. Most linebackers can't cover 6'6 250 4.5 speed TE's.

Smith has Alshon Jeffery written all over him. I see a raw WR who still needs some coaching up at the next level before he turns it up in the NFL. Still good value there in the second and serves as a solid #2. I love Kendall Wright, know the man personally, so I'll be happy with the pick-up. Gave Pat Pete 6 for 100+ a few seasons ago so the talent is there he just hasn't been used enough. Offers YAC ability on the outside AND can line up in the slot. He is Humphries on steroids. Not sure who Johnson or Perine guys are but they fill a need so its good in my book.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
I would love the Poe addition to the DL. The run game gets stronger at the point of attack and a lot more athletic up front. Gerald McCoy and Poe yeah good luck deciding who you want to double. I'm all for upgrading the trenches and line him up next to McCoy and we'd see dominance.

I can live with the lack of OL pick-ups only because with Howard we're going to see a crap load of 2 TE sets. That alone will help the exterior part of the line and help in pass protection and still poise a threat as a receiver. That's why NE has been so good at masking their line. Those 2 TE sets really spark the run game and passing out of it has its advantages. Most linebackers can't cover 6'6 250 4.5 speed TE's.

Smith has Alshon Jeffery written all over him. I see a raw WR who still needs some coaching up at the next level before he turns it up in the NFL. Still good value there in the second and serves as a solid #2. I love Kendall Wright, know the man personally, so I'll be happy with the pick-up. Gave Pat Pete 6 for 100+ a few seasons ago so the talent is there he just hasn't been used enough. Offers YAC ability on the outside AND can line up in the slot. He is Humphries on steroids. Not sure who Johnson or Perine guys are but they fill a need so its good in my book.

You know Kendall Wright? That's awesome. He's flying under the radar because of his tumble down the depth chart this year, but I think he has plenty of juice left in the tank. YAC monster. People forget how good he looked early in his career. He just needs more opportunities, IMO.

Interesting comp for JuJu. From a skill-set perspective I see more Dez/Justin Blackmon, but I definitely get where you are coming from. He came to USC as a safety, no doubt he's raw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: