You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Legit Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Legit Question Reply with quote

If we are going to try and do everything we can to re-sign JPP then we need to cut more cap space. If we cut JT3, Vereen and Harris..we save about 8 million. I've heard a bunch or people talking about DRC taking a cap hit but it got me thinking..

How come Eli cant take a pay cut? He's going to be 19.7 mil against the cap and he isn't playing that well. Ask him to take a pay cut and put the team first so we can put him in a spot to re-sign JPP, bring in a tackle, resign Pugh and Richburg, sign Kenny Britt,
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Legit Question Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
If we are going to try and do everything we can to re-sign JPP then we need to cut more cap space. If we cut JT3, Vereen and Harris..we save about 8 million. I've heard a bunch or people talking about DRC taking a cap hit but it got me thinking..

How come Eli cant take a pay cut? He's going to be 19.7 mil against the cap and he isn't playing that well. Ask him to take a pay cut and put the team first so we can put him in a spot to re-sign JPP, bring in a tackle, resign Pugh and Richburg, sign Kenny Britt,

I don't know about Britt, but I am on the same page as you about Eli taking a pay cut.

It's not going to happen. QB is the premium position in the NFL.

Considering Ryan Tannehill is worth 19.25 million a year, there is no way Eli ends up getting less than him.

[img][/img]
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like we don't have enough money to get the guys we want. We will have plenty of cap space to resign the guys we need to keep and sign guys we need to make the team better. Eli is only under contract for 2 more seasons, I believe. I think after 2018 he'll be retired. If not, he won't be playing for us anyway.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap is no issue to manage. We can bend the contracts to fit. The issue is how high do the Giants want to go
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT should be cut as should harris. I wouldnt cut vereen
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't be huge players in FA anyway. We got lucky last year that we hit on all of our big FA signings but that is rare. We have enough cap for what makes sense, without screwing ourselves over in the future. This offense can turn itself around with a few small pieces. We have enough RB talent to make some noise and can get away with the TE position as is if needed. OL is the big place we need to spend money. You can just have serviceable OL these days.

Now, I'm completely fine drafting RB or TE, even in the first round but I don't think we should be committing large amounts of cap there this year. We should be investing in a DE (JPP or other), OL, and a #2 WR as our three biggest FA needs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get we can make the cap space but we should still be players...I think signing Warford to play RG, Britt for WR, extend OBJ & Pugh & Richburg, Lc will be coming up shortly, Sheppard, Re-sign Robinson.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: