Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Elephant in the Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: The Elephant in the Room Reply with quote

Just a thought I had earlier today;

I wouldn't mind the Giants at least giving Manziel a workout, and if he shows he's still got it, and has his personality modified, let him back up Eli. Hopefully he doesn't have to play yet, and it saves a draft pick. Could even sign McCown to compete for backup spot. Then go get a UDFA and put him as 3rd QB. Am I crazy or could it be feasible?
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was seen partying like two months ago. He's 21 with oil money and discovered cocaine.... not happening
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
He was seen partying like two months ago. He's 21 with oil money and discovered cocaine.... not happening

Weren't they all partying together?(giants Wrs and Manziel) unrelated but just asking
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Weren't they all partying together?(giants Wrs and Manziel) unrelated but just asking

He was at the club they were at but he wasn't on the party boat I believe....I say we take that Cal QB (Davis) in the 4th round and let's groom him.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That elephant is not in the room.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

he's definitely in my room, and quite a few people in the Twitterverse's room as well. My dad hates him and won't even entertain it. I think it could be a steal, and if not, cut him. Doesn't hurt to peek.

But I would also be comfortable with using a 4th/5th rd on a QB to groom.

My biggest concern with the offense outside of OT is the play-calling. Why have an OC if he doesn't call the plays or design the offense? Get the playbook out of McAdoo's hands, please. If the entire world, and everyone that's in MetLife w/ me know that you're running a shotgun draw on 3rd and the United States of America, then I'm fairly certain that an NFL defense would be able to figure it out as well...
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

+100000

Has his case for domestic violence with his ex been dealt with yet? After the beating (no pun intended) the Giants took in the media for Josh Brown, you think they want to take on another woman beater on the roster

I am going to say this once. This guy is Tim Tebow except he is the polar opposite character wise. He cant hack it in the NFL. Now, I am not like GEE MEN. I can't break down his tendencies in a detailed way, but I have seen enough football to know when a guy doesnt go through his progressions.

I was at the Buffalo/Cleveland game when he started and the guy kept locking onto one WR he was going to throw to on every play. If I noticed it from the stands, you can damn sure bet the Defence noticed it on the field.

If you can't use that basic skill in the NFL, you have no right being a third stringer let alone a starter. Plus, his skills have probably atrophied in the 2 or 3 years he is been away. He is probably at the same football level as a High School Senior now

Lastly, the guy is barely 5'10. I would even bet he is closer to my height at 5'8. Our LT is 6'6. How are you going to trust a QB that can barely see over his linemen?

The only people who probably think he is NFL caliber are taking the same nose candy he is taking probably right now or is the homeless guy that talked Haslem into picking him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: