Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EAGLEDEEGLE MOCK OFFSEASON V1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither Johnson nor Daniel have any incentive whatsoever to restructure, so that seems unlikely.

Cleveland is a good destination for a Kelce trade, however Joe Haden has played all 16 games once in his career and would be an 11 mil cap hit. A more likely option is a 5th or 6th round pick.

Any conversation about a trade for Cooks likely [i]starts[/i] with the term "first round pick" and only moves up from there. That is assuming he is even available. Kendricks trade value might be as high as a 4th rounder. Maybe.

Logan is an interesting situation. The Washington article is pure speculation/rumor at this point. I have seen the number 8m/yr floated multiple times for Logan's price tag. That number seems odd to me given the contracts over the last couple of years. If teams feel he is an elite level 1-tech/NT then he will get 10m/yr or so and be out of the Eagles price range, if they think he is simply a good starter-level player, then more like 5-6m. Either way, it would behoove the Eagles to look in on his situation before FA hits.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do realize that things need to be tweaked in this mock. I just wanted to do something different.

Also, irt Bennie, 8 of the top 13 salaries for 4-3 dts we're given out last offseason. Dudes gonna get paid. Especially with not a lot of great options out there in FA
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
I do realize that things need to be tweaked in this mock. I just wanted to do something different.

Also, irt Bennie, 8 of the top 13 salaries for 4-3 dts we're given out last offseason. Dudes gonna get paid. Especially with not a lot of great options out there in FA

If you'll notice, the highest paid DTs are almost exclusively 3-techs. The elite ones will command around 15m give or take. The next tier generally consists of good 3-techs, elite 1-techs, and elite NTs at around 10m or so. Bennie is a 1 tech or NT and, while good, is not elite (which is not the same as him getting an elite level offer). Guys on that level tend to make around 6m give or take. If teams want to overvalue him with an elite offer (9m/yr or more), then you have to let him go, but if he will accept market value for his production then something like 5 yr/32.5M 15m guaranteed should easily do it.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:

If you'll notice, the highest paid DTs are almost exclusively 3-techs. The elite ones will command around 15m give or take. The next tier generally consists of good 3-techs, elite 1-techs, and elite NTs at around 10m or so. Bennie is a 1 tech or NT and, while good, is not elite (which is not the same as him getting an elite level offer). Guys on that level tend to make around 6m give or take. If teams want to overvalue him with an elite offer (9m/yr or more), then you have to let him go, but if he will accept market value for his production then something like 5 yr/32.5M 15m guaranteed should easily do it.

Damon Harrison got 9.25 a year...Michael Brockers got 11 a year. Older 1 techs (30+) like Dan Williams and Haloti Ngata got 6 and 6.25 per year. Younger 1 techs, coming into their 2nd contract, are at a much higher premium than older ones. I can easily see Bennie going for 9-10mil per
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:

Damon Harrison got 9.25 a year...Michael Brockers got 11 a year. Older 1 techs (30+) like Dan Williams and Haloti Ngata got 6 and 6.25 per year. Younger 1 techs, coming into their 2nd contract, are at a much higher premium than older ones. I can easily see Bennie going for 9-10mil per

Bennie could go for that much, at which point teams are overvaluing him and you have to let him go. There are a lot of young DTs that are potential FAs this off season which could even out entry to the market.

Dan Williams is actually an excellent comparison as he was the same age as Bennie is now when he signed. Linval Joseph was 2 years younger. Brockers is arguably the best 1-tech out there right now and the Giants were overpaying anyone and everyone.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/830954266021990401

Lol.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/830954266021990401

Lol.

This is the worst part of the offseason. Because of stuff like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: