Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New project: Superstars in the making

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: New project: Superstars in the making Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm going to be compiling a list of the top 20 players in the NFL who appear poised for superstardom and I'm soliciting opinions from every fanbase to nominate a player from their team.

Please discuss the possible players to nominate here. Make a poll if you must.

I'll also need one or two of you to provide quotes explaining why you think this player is a future star in the league, and possibly some videos or gifs of highlights, if available.

A couple of rules for inclusion, however:

1. The player must be on his rookie contract.
2. The player must not have been selected to any Pro Bowls or received any other league awards.

Thanks for your help!
Starless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are no objections, I'll choose Markus Golden
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

Golden's probably the best one to pick.

DJ Humphries I think is going to surprise some people too. Think he has pro bowl potential and played really well down the stretch last year

Deone Bucanon and John Brown are two other names that could be thrown out there too.

#JDI
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

I guess he still fits the criteria, though with a 12.5 sack season he's kind of already broken out.

That being said I don't think there is another option that would make the top-20 teams out of 32. Maybe Bucannon, but he had an underwhelming year. John Brown's nothing if he can't figure out his health issues, Nkemdiche did nothing to inspire confidence, Brandon Williams only looks like a player in shorts. Humphries and Rodney Gunter could be long-term players but don't look like stars. JJ Nelson might have just had the best year he'll have in his career.
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards_FTW wrote:
Starless wrote:

I guess he still fits the criteria, though with a 12.5 sack season he's kind of already broken out.

That being said I don't think there is another option that would make the top-20 teams out of 32. Maybe Bucannon, but he had an underwhelming year. John Brown's nothing if he can't figure out his health issues, Nkemdiche did nothing to inspire confidence, Brandon Williams only looks like a player in shorts. Humphries and Rodney Gunter could be long-term players but don't look like stars. JJ Nelson might have just had the best year he'll have in his career.
'

I don't think Nkemdiche even played a down, much like Humphries, he was made to sit a year and learn.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

I'd object - purely because he is a secondary pass rusher, a cleanup guy. He benefits from others pushing QB's towards him.

Honestly - The drafting of this team over the past few years hasn't been the best so we really don't have a huge number of quality young players ready to explode.

DJ Humphries would probably be my #1 choice; played exceptionally well last year at LT, his natural spot, and will force Veldheer to right tackle in 2017.

I think with another offseason in the weight room building a bit more functional strength combined with starting LT reps in camp he could be ready to push himself into the upper echelon of NFL LTs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: