Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Xlfrosti 2nd Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Xlfrosti 2nd Mock Reply with quote

Cuts - Not Resigned

DE - Will Gholston - I had use resigning him in my first mock but I don't see it happening this time around. This kid is young and I can see him getting a decent contract on FA and I don't think we pay that kind of money for him. Getting a DE in the draft would cover his loss.

RB Doug Martin - I don't think we keep him back next year. We have to revamp the RB position and this is where it starts. The drug problem isn't the only thing that is wanting me to get him out but the injuries just keep stacking. Maybe he just needs a fresh start with a new team. Wish him luck.

WR - Vincent Jackson - We all know that it is time for him to retire and I can see that happening this offseason. He has done good for us since signing his 5 year deal but it is time to let go and have a nice retirement.

OT - Gosder Cherilus - We all saw and that world saw how bad this guy played on Monday night vs Dallas. He got abused in that game giving up sacks and pressure that secured a win for Dallas.

S - Chris Conte - Again I think we all can see this coming. He played decent the first couple of games but then went down hill got injured and never started from there. Tandy did a good job in replacing him and we can let this guy go.

LB Daryl Smith - I am thinking that he retires at the offseason.

CB Alterraun Verner - He hasn't played well for us since signing his contract and he didn't do much last year. This cut has to happen and what makes it better is that fact that we save 6.5m for cutting him.

Other Cuts
WR Cecil Shorts
TE Brandon Myers
WR - Donteaa Dye
WR Josh Huff

Re-Signed

TE - Cameron Brate - I think we all saw this season how much Winston loved targeting Brate. We need to get him back on a good contract and not help him go.

WR - Adam Humphries - Yes I think we need some more weapons for Winston and resigning Humphries is one of the things we need to do this offseason. Adding him and a couple more WR have to be done.

RB - Jacquizz Rodgers - Rodgers played well in the games that he did start when Martin was out. I think we, just like WR grab a couple of RB this offseason.

S - Bradley McDougald
C - Joe Hawley
CB - Jude Adjei-Barimah
DT - Akeem Spence
LS - Andre DePaola
CB - Josh Robinson
OLB - Adarious Glanton
WR - Donteaa Dye
DE - Ryan Russell
DE Jacquies Smith
WR Russell Shepard

Free Agents

Ricky Wagner, OT, Ravens
Quote:
Like I said earlier for cutting Cherilus we need to get a new RT and why not get the best in the FA. Putting Wagner on the right side would not only be good for Winston but for the RB's that will be playing for us next year. This guy is only 27 so he is still young. I don't think he will do good at the LT spot so putting him and keeping him in the RT would be good.

Johnathan Hankins, NT, Giants
Quote:
We need to get a running mate with McCoy he can't be doing everything on his own. Hankins has had his injuries with the torn pect but at only 25 I think we can grab him here and place him next to McCoy. He isn't to bad at run defense but he is best at getting pressure on the opposing QBs.

Terrance Williams, WR, Cowboys
Quote:
I had use getting Britt in my last mock but after doing some research I thought Williams would be a good pick up. Williams has the size at 6'2 to be that WR completion for Evans and the talent is there. I think he needs a new home somewhere else instead of Dallas. Having 2,600 receiving yards and 20 Td's in his career since being drafted isn't bad. He will come in #2 and with the other WR in the draft that can be both good pick ups for Winston and Evans.

Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals
Quote:
I took this one from REDandPEWTER. I think this would be a good signing that needs to happen. With the release of Dougie we need someone to come in at the RB position to help Rodgers and the drafted RB out. Ellington has been stuck behind both Johnsons (David, Chris) Have him come in and compete for the starting job or even split carries. He is a decent receiving RB as well which is always a plus.

Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Dolphins
Quote:
I have Smith retiring in the offseason so getting some to play in his spot is a must. Jenkins didn't have a great year this year but that has to do with the knee injury he subtended the past year. Before that in 2014 he did a pretty good job with 110+ tackles along with 3.5 sacks. I think he needs a new team and environment. I would welcome him in.

Draft

With our 1st Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select OJ Howard, TE, Alabama

Quote:
I think everyone knows I love his guy. He made himself a name at the senior bowl and I think he may could go earlier then this but I have him slotted here. We run a 2 TE set and Winston loves throwing to Brate so getting another receiving TE along with his blocking skills is key. Howard didn't have the wow stats but he sure put on some shows vs the SEC defense that has produce some quality defense. Standing at 6'6 251 he is a big target and it will be hard for LB to cover. .

With our 2nd Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

Quote:

Getting weapons for Winston is a MUST!!. After the showing this kid pupt on in the senior bowl I am liking him more and more. I think he will show up at the combine to make his stock even higher then it has gone up. Jones mite haven't played elite competition in his college years but he produced one of the greatest statistics career in college football. In his 4 years of starting for ECU he has 399 receptions, 4,279 receiving yards, 23 Td's. That's pretty amazing. He isn't the tallest out of the bunch but standing 6'2 isn't short. I think his 40 time will be a key for his stock.

With our 3rd Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Pat Elfein, C, Ohio State
Quote:

Offense, Offense, and more Offense, This offseason we need to help out the key players from McCoy, Winston, Evans. I think we all know we to revamp the offense line and getting Wagner is a start in FA. I didn't like Hawley starting for us. Elfein can play either C/G but I think he will be a C In the NFL. Some people have concern on his size 6'3 300 but I think it will be decent enough to play C in the league. Elfein is better in the run game then the pass but he still is very good at pass protection. He will come in and compete for the starting C job with Hawley. He also provides depth on the line.

With our 4th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select De'Veon Smith, RB, Michigan
Quote:

The first 4 picks I have use going with offense but I think this offseason have to be an Offense one. Smith didn't put up big number last year (846 rushing, 10 td's) but that's because of the spilt carries he and Evans had. He is a decently big guy at 5-10 220. He isn't the fastest RB but he sure is a brusher. He is pretty decent at receiving in the back field also. Another good thing about this kid is that he is a good blocking RB as well. Scouts raved about him in the East vs West game and he put himself out there. Having Ellington, Rodgers, Smith, Barber really makes it a competition in the training camp.

With our 5th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

Quote:
This would be the first defense of player that I have selected. After losing Gholston in FA I said that we needed to draft a DE. Priorities on the offense came first but getting one here is prime. Most people don't know this guy. I did a little research on him and came away from some good stuff. Basham mite not have been vs the best talent when playing for the Bobcats but he produced 40 TFL, 28.5 sacks vs his competition. He size (6'4, 260) isn't the biggest but he isn't the smallest either. Put him behind Ayers and Spence and let him learn.

With our 6th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Tony Conner, S, Ole Miss

Quote:
Getting depth at this position is needed. Conner has played for Ole Miss since starting as a Freshman but due to an injury his Junior year he hasn't been the same. In his career has at 13 PD and 2 picks. Some have said that he could play nickel CB but I think S is where he ends up. He could be in special teams to start his career and we will see where it goes.

With our 7th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Patrick Towles, QB, Boston College

Quote:
Some mite say why drafted a backup QB well I say why not? Losing Glennon suck for backup QB but we should get a good draft pick out of it. Right now of the roster we have Griffin and that's it. Towles will come in and compete for the backup to Winston. Towles started his career with Kentucky but grad transfer to Boston College. Towles has the size for a QB at 6-5 253. This is just mainly for a QB backup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lose Gholston we better sign somebody. His run stuffing ability is huge and he had his best year as a pass rusher. The arrow is going up in terms of him tapping into his potential. Williams is perfect #2 to Evans and Jones gives us better depth at WR. Love the off season minus DE moves or lack there of.
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
If we lose Gholston we better sign somebody. His run stuffing ability is huge and he had his best year as a pass rusher. The arrow is going up in terms of him tapping into his potential. Williams is perfect #2 to Evans and Jones gives us better depth at WR. Love the off season minus DE moves or lack there of.

I was thinking that the whole time I was doing this mock. I think we mite be able to bring about Gholston to a fairly cheap deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: