You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL Discussion v 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Falcons ran the ball 4 times for 10 yards after going up 28-3.

That is absurd. With the talent that level of RB.

Not an excuse but part of the reason the run game slowed down was the injuries to Ryan Schraeder and Tevin Coleman. That was big for their run game. Freeman should have been able to close i out even if he was gassed because if they do just run the ball and gain 0 yards New England does not have enough time to catch them. For every incomplete pass you lose out on the chance to take off 30 seconds. Make sure Freeman protects the ball and it is over.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever ends Brady's career will become my favorite player ever.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Honestly I started not to hate the pats as much. However with Seattle and ATL bungling the games to Them. Makes me wanna puke oh I can only imagine how and entitled and smug their fans are even more now

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Honestly I started not to hate the pats as much. However with Seattle and ATL bungling the games to Them. Makes me wanna puke oh I can only imagine how and entitled and smug their fans are even more now

Agreed I stopped hating the Pats after the Giants beat them in the 2007 Super Bowl. Now I don't care about them one way or the other. From '01 to '07 I hated them with a passion though. Known cheaters, tuck rule, Brady/Bellichick are smug as can be, etc.

But yes Seattle and Atlanta just literally handing them the Super Bowl was disgusting to watch. Both teams way overthought their situation. They run and they win. They both got way to cute. Pats got gifted both those games.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Falcons ran the ball 4 times for 10 yards after going up 28-3.

That is absurd. With the talent that level of RB.

Not an excuse but part of the reason the run game slowed down was the injuries to Ryan Schraeder and Tevin Coleman. That was big for their run game. Freeman should have been able to close i out even if he was gassed because if they do just run the ball and gain 0 yards New England does not have enough time to catch them. For every incomplete pass you lose out on the chance to take off 30 seconds. Make sure Freeman protects the ball and it is over.

I totally agree with this, honestly though they needed to finish this game because unlike the AFC in the last decade only one team has actually gone back to the super bowl. You never know if they'll get another shot at this especially with the up and coming cowboys, the Aaron Rodgers led packers and the aways dangerous Seahawks. Got cute and it screwed them which is what the Patriots never do.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was any glimmer of hope of me ever not hating NE it was dashed away when I lived in Boston after the SB against Seattle. Most insufferable group of people I've ever been around in my life. Not just sports related, any kind of people period.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
If there was any glimmer of hope of me ever not hating NE it was dashed away when I lived in Boston after the SB against Seattle. Most insufferable group of people I've ever been around in my life. Not just sports related, any kind of people period.

You're absolutely right.
I lived in Buffalo when the Raiders lost 51-3. After a week or two it was largely forgotten. They just like the Bills, and yelling go Bills when they're drunk.

But NE? My brother in law is a Mass. Pats fan. They just never, never, let it go. It's a point of pride for them to be insufferable about ribbing and being insufferable in general. Their take is constant constant ribbing, if you find it stupid or irritating there's something wrong with you or weak. Ingrained in the character of their corner of the Northeast.

It's strange for a team that was such a pile of nothing for so long to be so full of themselves now. But I guess new generations never really suffered the worthless years.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

You're absolutely right.
I lived in Buffalo when the Raiders lost 51-3. After a week or two it was largely forgotten. They just like the Bills, and yelling go Bills when they're drunk.

But NE? My brother in law is a Mass. Pats fan. They just never, never, let it go. It's a point of pride for them to be insufferable about ribbing and being insufferable in general. Their take is constant constant ribbing, if you find it stupid or irritating there's something wrong with you or weak. Ingrained in the character of their corner of the Northeast.

It's strange for a team that was such a pile of nothing for so long to be so full of themselves now. But I guess new generations never really suffered the worthless years.

Lived a city over from Buffalo (Rochester). People loved clowning the Raiders there to make them feel better about the Bills.

But you're right on with NE fans. I almost got into a fist fight with a Best Buy employee because he decided trolling me (I was wearing Raiders gear, the day they beat us 2 years ago in NE) was more important than helping me buy something.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133
Page 133 of 133

Jump to: