Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shorty's Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Shorty's Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Day before the Super Bowl. Here are the building blocks for how we get there next year.

Extension

Mike Evans
Keith Tandy

Resign

Cameron Brate
Adam Humphries
Jacquizz Rodgers
William Gholston
Jacquies Smith
Daryl Smith
Joe Hawley
Russell Shepard
Bradley McDougald
Jude Adjei-Barimah
Josh Robinson
Ryan Griffin

Let Walk

Vincent Jackson
Chris Conte
Gosder Cherilus
Akeem Spence
Brandon Myers
Cecil Shorts
Josh Huff

Cut

Doug Martin
Alterraun Verner

Free Agent Signings

Eric Berry / S / Chiefs

Without question one of the biggest prizes of the free agent market if he indeed isn't resigned by KC. Small chance he hits the market, but if he does, I think Licht is on the phone with his agent at he first possible moment.

Bennie Logan / DT / Eagles

Clinton McDonald is a leader but is getting older. Lets get a dominate run stuffer and second DT beside McCoy for years to come.

Markus Wheaton / WR / Steelers

He can stretch the field and add another dimension to the offense. Coming off an injury he may be under the radar with guys like Stills and Britt on the market. Great value add at a reasonable price.

Mike Glennon signs a large contract with some desperate team in need of a QB, awarding the Bucs with a 3rd Round compensatory pick.

2017 NFL Draft

Arrow Round 1

Corey Davis / WR / Western Michigan

Team this guy up with Evans for years to come and we have the best WR duo in the NFL. Overreaction? Maybe at this moment but not in a few years. I'm hedging my bet on Davis being on the board at pick 19.

Arrow Round 2

Evan Engram / TE / Ole Miss

Is he a pure TE or an oversized WR? Either way he is a mismatch in the slot or underneath. Team him up with Brate in some two TE sets and they will be a defensive nightmare.

Arrow Round 3

Kareem Hunt / RB / Toledo

Meet our new star 3 down back. This guy has some of the best drive, vision, balance and work ethic among the players coming out at the position this year. A tough physical runner who can catch the ball and has rarely missed any time due to injury. Impressed at the Senior Bowl as well.

Compensatory Pick

Pat Elfein / C / Ohio St.

Joe Hawley is a stop gap and Elfein has the ability to become a top C in the league. His length isn't the best but drive and power should be good enough to be a top C in this league for many years to come.

Arrow Round 4

Josh Reynolds / WR / Texas A&M

Another big target for Jameis on the outside. He can win the 50/50 ball and comes from a good Aggie program. Good production and rounds off a nice receiving core for the 2017 season.

Arrow Round 5

Josh Carraway / OLB-DE / TCU

Whether he is our future SLB that has a knack for getting to the QB or a rush DE, he fills another position of need and improves our pass rush.

Arrow Round 6

Jadar Johnson / S / Clemson

Instinctive player that despite not having the best physical tools, finds a way to make the interception. Sounds like Keith Tandy. Will be good depth behind Berry, Tandy, and Mcdougald.

Arrow Round 7

Hardy Nickerson / LB / Illinois

Not sure if he will ever be a big time starter in the NFL, but I wouldn't bet against this kid. At the very least he will be great depth and a good special teams player. Just seems right that he gets drafted by the Bucs.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'd get the comp pick until next year.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Ehh. Wishful thinking.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Ehh. Wishful thinking.

Not only that, but the money for Berry will outweigh whatever Glennon gets will cancel that out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really not a fan of the first three picks in the draft. I understand Winston needs weapons on offense. Would rather go defense in the draft and sign Berry in FA if possible.
WR Jackson is probably gone or atleast needs his contract restructured because he can't last a whole season anymore. I really think we need to sign a veteran wr to help Winston, then try to get a young guy to groom and be our future #2 next to Evans
nathan004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the fact that we won't receive a Comp pick for Glennon until 2018, I think it's a very sensible and realistic approach. Hope we would find a way to address the RT issue at some point but any offseason that included getting Corey Davis and Eric Berry is a step in the right direction for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify I love seeing Eric Berry being mocked to the Bucs. However KC would be absolutely dumb to let this man walk. I just can't see it. They have enough aging vets with high salary numbers (Johnson, Hali, Charles) that they will let walk and can clear up future cap space. I just see KC resigning him to a nice extension in the 11-12 mil per year range. If he somehow makes it to FA I also see him giving KC opportunities to to match. That said if he somehow gets free, I'm throwing what I can at him. He's a stud but I can't see it happening.

I love Corey Davis but I think once the evaluations and we get through the draft process, I think he's the top receiver taken. Mike Williams has a better chance of dropping here bc Davis is to me the best receiver in the draft. We'd have to move up for him.

I love Kareem hunt and I love the RB depth of this class. Many 3 down backs are available in the day two mold. I really like Eiflen although the comp pick would be had next year.

I really think we go and draft towards the strength of the draft. That's RB, DL, Safety and TE/WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: