Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl prediction/discussion thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
resilient

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
I posted this illegal pick play on the General Forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVN0t7Rqb2o

1- there are better odds on hitting powerball then calling that on NE

2- I am too numb to hate NE more than I already do. But now I hate Atlanta more though.
TVScout

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
I knew Atlanta was in trouble at the end of the 3rd quarter when they took the 5 yard penalty on that punt just to get into the 4th quarter.

By doing that they clearly tipped their hand. They basically told N.E. : We have no interest in scoring anymore, we want to get into the 4th quarter and kill the clock.

That gave Brady just enough of a window to mount a legit comeback.

I even said: "If New England comes back and wins this game, it will be because Atlanta was not aggressive enough in the 4th quarter."

And, I couldn't agree more about not running the ball. WTH!!!! WHY do teams with great running games get away from them when they need them the most???

Dal vs G.B. NFC Divisional. How many times SHOULD we have run the ball on 3rd and short??? 2nd and short???

WHY would Atlanta pass when they were already in FG range in the 4th???

Oh well, its over now.

"Shanahan said he felt, on third-and-23, that the Falcons were out of field-goal range."
TVScout

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final play of the game Deion Jones was held so bad he almost got tackled.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
Final play of the game Deion Jones was held so bad he almost got tackled.
y

Bilicheats philosphy is that if you cheat all the time they won't call them all. They run illegal pick plays all the time, how often are they called.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
I knew Atlanta was in trouble at the end of the 3rd quarter when they took the 5 yard penalty on that punt just to get into the 4th quarter.

By doing that they clearly tipped their hand. They basically told N.E. : We have no interest in scoring anymore, we want to get into the 4th quarter and kill the clock.

I even said: "If New England comes back and wins this game, it will be because Atlanta was not aggressive enough in the 4th quarter."

And, I couldn't agree more about not running the ball. WTH!!!! WHY do teams with great running games get away from them when they need them the most???

Dal vs G.B. NFC Divisional. How many times SHOULD we have run the ball on 3rd and short??? 2nd and short???

Oh well, its over now.

"Shanahan said he felt, on third-and-23, that the Falcons were out of field-goal range."

Sure, by that point you are out of FG range.

My question is, with an 8 point lead, and under 5 minutes to play, the ball on the 23 yard line, already in FG range, WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU PASS??????

RUN the ball, kill the clock, protect the ball. Even if you get zero yards, you force N.E into using their timeouts, kick the FG, go up 11 and hoist the trophy.

By passing the ball in that situation, you present the opportunity of an INT, strip sack, a sack, a holding penalty, an incomplete pass which stops the clock.

And guess what happened?????

Holding penalty, sack, all took them out of FG range.

Stupid play calling. All they had to do was run the ball, hell, even take a knee and force N.E. into using their timeouts and kick the FG.

11 points with under 3 minutes and no timeouts would have been virtually insurmountable, even for Tom Brady.
Denus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Dak studies every down TB12 has ever played. Insane comeback, and the fake high-snap was so money.
TVScout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
TVScout wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Oh well, its over now.

My question is, with an 8 point lead, and under 5 minutes to play, the ball on the 23 yard line, already in FG range, WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU PASS??????

RUN the ball, kill the clock, protect the ball. Even if you get zero yards, you force N.E into using their timeouts, kick the FG, go up 11 and hoist the trophy.

By passing the ball in that situation, you present the opportunity of an INT, strip sack, a sack, a holding penalty, an incomplete pass which stops the clock.

Stupid play calling. All they had to do was run the ball, hell, even take a knee and force N.E. into using their timeouts and kick the FG.

11 points with under 3 minutes and no timeouts would have been virtually insurmountable, even for Tom Brady.

Shan was distracted by the 49er HC offer.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
TVScout wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Oh well, its over now.

Yeah, this is great example of situational football. Earlier in the forth quarter I'd have no problem with ATL being aggressive there. But under 4 minutes with an 8 point lead, you gotta put points on the board. ATL was too conservative for 90% of the second half. But, the one time the needed to be conservative, the went too aggressive. Honestly, choke job of the century.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: