Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft from the Counselor

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 1933
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft from the Counselor Reply with quote

I don't do the FA contracts because those are always wrong. I don't think we land Campbell like you all suggest in your mocks.

Resign:
Watson
McManus
Barrett
Walker
Davis

Leaving:
Webster- Chicago
Williams- Niners
Ware- Dallas

Free Agents:
Whitworth
Pasztor
Leary
Logan

Trade 1.20 for 2.33 2.52 Browns eat the point difference for us giving up a fifth year option. They grab their QB ahead of Houston and anyone else looking to move up.

2.33- Garrett Bolles RT Utah

2.51- Dorian Johnson OG Pitt

2.52- Evan Engram TE Ole Miss

3.82- Elijah Qualls NT UW

3.comp- Demontae Kazee CB SDSU

3.comp- Duke Riley LB LSU

4.- Jeremy McNichols RB Boise State

5.comp- Isaac Rochell DE ND

6.- Travis Rudolph WR FSU

7.- Calvin Munson LB SDSU

7.comp- John Heck OT UNC


Depth Chart

QB- Siemian, Lynch
RB- Anderson, Booker, McNichols, Bibbs
FB- Janovich
WR- Thomas, Latimer
WR- Sanders, Fowler, Rudolph
TE- Derby, Heuerman, Engram
LT- Whitworth, Bolles
LG- Johnson, Garcia
C- Paradis, Ferentz
RG- Leary, Schofield
RT- Bolles, Pastzor, Heck

DE- Walker, Rochell
NT- Logan, Qualls, Peko
DE- Wolfe, Gotsis
OLB- Miller, Watson
ILB- Marshall, Riley
ILB- Davis, Munson, Nelson
OLB- Ray, Barrett
CB- Harris, Roby, Doss
CB- Talib, Kazee
FS- Stewart, Simmons
SS- Ward, Parks

K- McManus
P- Dixon
LS- Kreiter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 3025
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft from the Counselor Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:

Trade 1.20 for 2.33 2.52 Browns eat the point difference for us giving up a fifth year option. They grab their QB ahead of Houston and anyone else looking to move up.


I like the idea of trading down this year. The 2nd round has lots of talent. Getting two 2nd-round picks would be a valuable trade because it vastly reduces the odds of a bust pick. In the best case, both 2nd-rounders would contribute.

The hard truth is that the difference between good and bad NFL teams is that a good team consistently finds 3 or more good players every year. A bad team finds 0-2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 1933
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that bothers me about my own mock is that Elway strikes out in the second often. So if he messes up three seconds in the same year yikes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 24122
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos fans want to trade down every year and I don't get it. If anything, this is the year Denver should be trading up. They're a perennial playoff team, so trading up for talent is tougher. This year, sitting at 20 makes it easier to climb a few spots and truly nab a difference maker. We need a difference maker somewhere. We don't need more role players, IMO.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncofan


Joined: 02 Dec 2013
Posts: 3530
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contenders don't need more picks, they need difference makers. Don't see us increasing our 2017 pick pool. Definitely see us trading up to upgrade draft spots and getting more difference makers at the top 50, than diluting down and going quantity over quality.
_________________
steelpanther wrote:
This is like playing checkers with a pigeon. No matter how well you play, sooner or later the pigeon is going to crap on the board, then puff his chest out and strut around like he won something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 1933
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely could see Denver trading up also. They have done it in the first two years in a row. But everyone's an expert until they aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 24122
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Definitely could see Denver trading up also. They have done it in the first two years in a row. But everyone's an expert until they aren't.


Not claiming to be an expert, just saying what I think is logical. 5 Top 100 players would be great, and that Top 20 pick is a major opportunity for us. Can't squander it
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncofan


Joined: 02 Dec 2013
Posts: 3530
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Definitely could see Denver trading up also. They have done it in the first two years in a row. But everyone's an expert until they aren't.


Not claiming to be an expert, just saying what I think is logical. 5 Top 100 players would be great, and that Top 20 pick is a major opportunity for us. Can't squander it


It goes beyond simple logic - most contenders have deeper rosters. Accumulating more picks doesn't work because you can't put all your drafted players on the roster and can't fit everyone on the PS. The reason why Elway traded up reflects thus reality. Trading for more picks in this year's draft only means later picks are for guys we never use. Far better to get true difference makers Elway wants than multiple picks later on. Doesn't mean we should overpay to move up but the numbers game definitely factors in the decision to trade up (or later in the draft we trade for 2018 picks).

Bad teams or teams who have traded away / lost picks (NE) or teams decimated by FA / injury / player decline at multiple spots (think Sea and their entire OL) who have more holes to fill than picks love to move down. We may be in that situation in the future but aren't right now. It doesn't take an expert to see that.
_________________
steelpanther wrote:
This is like playing checkers with a pigeon. No matter how well you play, sooner or later the pigeon is going to crap on the board, then puff his chest out and strut around like he won something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 1933
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Definitely could see Denver trading up also. They have done it in the first two years in a row. But everyone's an expert until they aren't.


Not claiming to be an expert, just saying what I think is logical. 5 Top 100 players would be great, and that Top 20 pick is a major opportunity for us. Can't squander it


It goes beyond simple logic - most contenders have deeper rosters. Accumulating more picks doesn't work because you can't put all your drafted players on the roster and can't fit everyone on the PS. The reason why Elway traded up reflects thus reality. Trading for more picks in this year's draft only means later picks are for guys we never use. Far better to get true difference makers Elway wants than multiple picks later on. Doesn't mean we should overpay to move up but the numbers game definitely factors in the decision to trade up (or later in the draft we trade for 2018 picks).

Bad teams or teams who have traded away / lost picks (NE) or teams decimated by FA / injury / player decline at multiple spots (think Sea and their entire OL) who have more holes to fill than picks love to move down. We may be in that situation in the future but aren't right now. It doesn't take an expert to see that.


I have a gut feeling we take Bolles at 20. With his age I would like to trade down and get him some more capital. I'm following my gut.
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 1933
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The expert comment was not directed at you two. It was about making mocks. We are all "experts" or playing the role of GM and we aren't wrong until we are actually proven wrong. It's a phrase I use often. I agree Denver would likely trade up before down. But this is what I want to see, I am the expert of my off-season outcome until I am proven wrong at the end of April. Which is very likely Cool
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group