You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Quinn

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles4life210

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Robert Quinn Reply with quote

One of the many needs we have this offseason that isn't being talked too much about is our need to improve our pass rush. The pass rush from the front 4 is the key to Jim Schwartz defense. Graham and Cox are beasts, and then there's the question of resigning Logan (which I think we really should). But there's another big question at that other end spot. Barwin has a huge cap hit, and although he's an awesome player to have on your team and has said he's willing to take a pay cut, I think he's gone and will be traded. And then there's Vinny Curry. Signed to a big extension last offseason with the hopes of him turning into a pass rushing force, but didn't really do much and could hardly even get snaps during games. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Curry fan and loved that we resigned him last offseason. But last season has me questioning things. He proved to be a great situational pass rusher as a 3-4 end when Chip was here but couldn't replicate that as a "more natural" 4-3 end. His cap hit last season was only 3 mil, but for the next 4 seasons, his cap hits are 9, 11, 11.25, and 12.25 million, respectively (per Spotrac). This leads to the question of whether he's worth that money or not. I think giving him another year in the system with time to adjust to the position might do wonders for him, but when a great opportunity arises you'd be a fool to not at least consider it.

Enter Robert Quinn, end for the LA Rams. A proven force as a pass rushing and all around defensive end. He is one of the best ends in the league, when healthy, with his hand in the dirt. However, this offseason the Rams hired Wade Phillips to be their DC. Wade likes to run his 3-4 defense, and is really good at doing it. But with this defense, Quinn is going to have to play as an OLB. I'm sure Wade has thought of this and thought of how he could adjust to Quinn's strengths, but how and if Quinn can make that adjustment are a question. This makes me think that the Rams would at least entertain an offer for Quinn. I don't think they'd look to trade him but they would be dumb not to at least listen. Quinn's cap hits the next 4 seasons are 11, 10.75, 12.5, and 13 million... very similar to Curry's.

Now I'm not suggesting we call up the Rams and offer a 1 for 1 deal because the Rams would laugh in our face at that offer. But what it could be is a base for a deal. We would have to include a couple draft picks and/or another player, but as long as they don't ask for way too much, I think this is a trade that could benefit both teams. The Rams would have a dominant D-line with Donald-Brockers-Curry, which could be just as dominant or better than the D-line Wade had in Denver with Jackson-Williams-Wolfe. And then the Rams would also have more draft picks to help their rebuild. Then for us, we would add a proven dominant DE for only a very small amount of money more than Curry that would give us a dominant defensive line for Schwartz. This dominant line would also help out our cornerbacks, which is probably our biggest weakness overall.

So I think everyone would be open to adding Robert Quinn so I won't ask that, but I will ask if you all think this could be a possibility, and what you think a potential offer could be.

We have a couple veterans that could interest them including Connor Barwin and Mychal Kendricks, both of whom have proven can play (arguably better) in a 3-4 defense. Then there's also Jason Kelce, who isn't coming back next year, and I'm sure the Rams would like to improve their blocking for Goff and Gurley. I wouldn't want to give up a high pick at all, but maybe a combination offer of Curry/Barwin/Kelce/mid round picks in the next 2 drafts could do it. Obviously I'm not saying all of that, but some type of combination of them.

What do you think would be a good trade?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillips base defense is a 3-4 but he ran a ton of 4-2-5 having his premium pass rushers lined up outside.

I can't see them giving up on him especially not knowing how Donald will do two-gapping as a 3-4 end.

EDIT: To answer your question: In madden a first would do it, maybe a 2nd.
IRL: Don't think he's tradeable. Kelce/Kendricks/Barwin didn't play well enough to establish any value.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I don't think you could even approach the Rams about it until Wade sees how everyone performs early on in his camps. Wade is too good of a coordinator to just cast a guy with his talent off without even running him in the scheme first.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't do it. DE is a need, but not our biggest at all. Not top three, I'd argue not top five. If we are counting multiples of one position as two spots in the rankings, it might not make the top ten.

In no particular order:

One WR for sure, maybe two or even three
One starting caliber HB
One CB for sure, maybe two or even three
Interior line. Two if Kelce is cut or traded
Offensive tackle
One LB for sure. Two if Kendricks is cut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
I wouldn't do it. DE is a need, but not our biggest at all. Not top three, I'd argue not top five. If we are counting multiples of one position as two spots in the rankings, it might not make the top ten.

In no particular order:

One WR for sure, maybe two or even three
One starting caliber HB
One CB for sure, maybe two or even three
Interior line. Two if Kelce is cut or traded
Offensive tackle
One LB for sure. Two if Kendricks is cut

I'd argue top 5. Considering that Barwin is a virtual lock for the axe that leaves us with Graham, Curry, Means, and Marcus Smith. The only proven commodity on that line is Graham. Means and Smith are hardly what i'd consider reliable depth options.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This defense is predicated on getting pressure. With the current state of the d-line I would argue it's a top 3-4 need and must be addressed this offseason.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig

Birdman, slowest to 10K
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The asking price is going to be way too high. They won't want to part with him yet, potential is too high.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love him but as others have said, asking price will be too much to bear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would the rams even move him?
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

I think if you read the OP, he's saying Quinn may not be a scheme fit standing up in a 3-4.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I think if you read the OP, he's saying Quinn may not be a scheme fit standing up in a 3-4.

I am sure they will find some use for him in Wade's 1 gap 3-4. I doubt this is even a concern of the rams right now.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I am sure they will find some use for him in Wade's 1 gap 3-4. I doubt this is even a concern of the rams right now.

This.

And furthermore, there are a lot of teams who would move on him the same way.
This is a "trade three 500-yard running backs for a 1,500 yard running back" kind of a wish.

The Rams Na-Ga-Da.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: