Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

9ers hire TV Personality & Former NFL S John Lynch as GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Jim Trotter reports new 49ers GM John Lynch "will have final say over the draft, free agency, and 90-man roster."

Trotter reports presumptive coach Kyle Shanahan "will have final say on [the] 53-man roster." Even if Lynch has "final say," he should get plenty of help from Shanahan, what will likely be an experienced director of football operations, and the rest of the front office staff. The 49ers need to build strong scaffolding around Lynch if he is going to have early success.

Wow. Lynch has more say than I expected (if this is true).

Even with this "having final say" really doesn't mean much when he has a group of advisers.

Coaches, and scouts still fill him full of info and he just pulls the trigger.

Really overthinking this on some parts. He's not going to come into this not know how it works without having help along the way.

Yes, I know that final say doesn't mean you just become a maverick and start making decisions left and right that no one else agrees with. For the majority of decisions, everyone will be in concert. But it does mean that if he and Shanahan are ever in disagreement on drafting or signing a player (which might happen more often than you would think), Lynch is the one who gets his way, which is big.

I just don't see how it would be in Lynch's interest to draft or sign a player Kylo doesn't want. Baalke used to do that with Harbaugh, and Harbaugh simply wouldn't play certain guys. The GM can't force the HC to play whatever guy he signs, so even if he happens to be right (which Baalke turned out not to be), he just shouldn't get players the HC isn't going to play, because that just hurts everyone in the organization (except the lunch lady and the janitor, who jsut don't give a hoot). So, if Kylo and Johnnie Boy are in disagreement about a player, it's in the best interest of everyone just to get someone else. Or he just gets the player the HC wants and washes his hands of it to the owner, and let the HC hurt himself alone, or gain points alone. But I wouldn't think that should be a big problem, at least not early on.

Why are you attempting to make sense out of this and give it a positive spin?

Please break down exactly what his duties will be and why you feel it will go poorly?
Counselor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
I'm glad Chip Kelly got out of there when he did. Laughing

Fell bad for my boys DeFo and Armstead, though. Maybe their new GM will trade them to us. Laughing

Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: