Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FanSpeak Off-Season Simulator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:

I think he comes back in a 1 year deal with low end starter money to reestablish his value going into the market next year. He played well but injuries prevented him from putting together a complete year. There's a reason why we all want him back and as we've seen in FA, teams are always willing to overpay for someone they think can help them.

I don't care if he's back. He hadn't done much for 3 years and played slightly above average for half a season. If he wants to be back for cheap, fine. Re-signing him doesn't achieve much in the grand scheme of things. He's depth material.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanspeak is a cool simulator but I'm not sure how realistic it is. I just did this one:

1 Jonathan Allen
2 Tim Williams
3 Antonio Garcia
4 Chidobe Awuzie
5 Duke Riley

I guess it's possible Williams slides to the 2nd with this off-the-field stuff coming up, but all the way to 56? Garcia probably won't make it out of the 2nd, let alone to the late 3rd. And there is no chance in hell Allen makes it out of the top-5.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
I could say nice job, since this is one, but to me it is really a dream mock, not a realistic job.

Really just for the conversation.

Reggie Nelson's roster bonus is guaranteed already, so there is no big saving there.

The Howard restructure is a good call, he might be willing to do so.

McGee will ask a bit more IMO overall as an avg.
Perry too, these could be first year cap numbers however...
Can't like the Hayden resign.
Nate Allen will ask more than that IMO, especially if Trawick get more.

Can't really see Logan, Wagner and Church leave their current teams. Even if they do, Wagner and Church will ask for lot more money IMO.
This FA group is not realistic. Good NT, best RT, best ILB, good S...
Why bring in Hoyer? Let Cook develope.

I don't like the 1st round RB pick, can't see RM picking up a troubled guy in the 1st.
We need a slot WR more then a big WR IMO.
Can't see Dawkins at LT in the NFL...could be Gabe's replacement eventually tho.
Like the CB and S pick ups.
Fields could worth a shot if he is there, however if Aldon gets reinstated we should be good with Mack, Irvin, Aldon, Calhoun and Cowser
Toth is only a C, I mean he struggled at OG during SB and we know how muck RM likes versatility.

Bruce Irvin is not an ILB

Thank you for the input. It was a simulator mock so I took waht I was given. With all simulators there are some holes. One big one I noticed with this one was that I was able to sign AJ Bouye for $5 million. He will get double that.

-Reggie's restructure was a 2 year deal. I see teams do this all the time with aging vets. But like you said he might be the type of player that says pay me or I will get paid somewhere else. I do not think of him that way and I think he likes it here with a contender and a chance to start.

-With our own re signings these players will get more on the open market but they decided not to test the open market. If they did then yes you are correct. Hayden specifically is not a starting CB but as a #5 he is great and gives us depth. If we have enough depth then we do not resign him.

-Wagner's contract was based on Schwartz's from last year 5yr $33. This is what the top RT not named Lane Johnson get. Bump it up to $7 and he is the 2nd highest paid RT.

-Church I think will get more and I would be willing to hit the $6 mark like Iloka but think since he is older even the Cowboy's will not offer more than $5-5.5.

-With Logan I just took the lowest rated except able replacement for Dan Williams. I personally would throw my check book at Brandon Williams and tell him to write down a number. Joke would be on him since the check would bounce though. I really like Logan also. I would be very happy with Sylvester Williams, Brandon Williams, Benie Logan, Dontari Poe, or Jonathan Hankins. I am pretty sure we walk away with one of them.

-Brown I have no excuse. I would like to know how much people believe he is going to get. Trevathan or Marshal money?

-I like Cook but from what I saw last year there is no way he would be able to lead this team next year if something happened to Carr. This teams window is just opening but that does not mean I am OK with throwing away another season due to injury. Cook can be ready in 2 years so Hoyer is there to bridge the gap for one year. Yes I think with enough talent around him he can win some playoff games. To big of an investment to put it on Cook's shoulders.

-My priority in the draft is not a RB 1st but if a talent like Cook drops you have to pull the trigger. Drafting just for need or just BPA is not good. It has to be a blend.

-Since I did not resign Holmes a big physical WR is needed also. Like someone else said earlier I am sick of seeing Carr have to throw perfect passes to Crabtree in the redzone.

-Dawkins has the ability to function as a LT but probably will not but he would be a great replacement for Gabe if he asks for to much in FA. This is the type of drafting that allows great teams to not have drop off in play when they let high priced players walk in FA. Plus we would probably get a 3rd or 4th comp pick by letting Jackson walk.

-Last but not least this is a question I have been wondering since we signed him. Can Bruce Irvin play ILB? Just as I would have liked to have seen Menelik Watson play Guard, I think Irvin could be great at ILB. How else are we going to get Smith, Mack, and Irvin on the field at the same time? What does everyone else think?
drfrey13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Fanspeak is a cool simulator but I'm not sure how realistic it is. I just did this one:

1 Jonathan Allen
2 Tim Williams
3 Antonio Garcia
4 Chidobe Awuzie
5 Duke Riley

I guess it's possible Williams slides to the 2nd with this off-the-field stuff coming up, but all the way to 56? Garcia probably won't make it out of the 2nd, let alone to the late 3rd. And there is no chance in hell Allen makes it out of the top-5.

I had one where Adams made it to our pick also. There is always someone who falls but I do not think any top ten talents fall to us this year. Rankings are going to change a lot though between now and April.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:

-Last but not least this is a question I have been wondering since we signed him. Can Bruce Irvin play ILB? Just as I would have liked to have seen Menelik Watson play Guard, I think Irvin could be great at ILB. How else are we going to get Smith, Mack, and Irvin on the field at the same time? What does everyone else think?

He can play some ILB in base 3-4 running situations, since he has a big body and can shoot gaps, but anytime you put him in coverage you would have a missmatch IMO.

As for the Aldon-Mack-Irvin situation the solution is high rotation IMO. Especially on the Irvin-Smith right side tandem.

There could also be packages where we have all 3 on the field together.
4-3under front when Mack is LDE, Aldon is RDE and Irvin is SLB. That could be a fearsome pass rushing package from a base formation...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: