You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT - Divisional Round: GB vs DAL - The King of the North!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I am not even a little bit over this game. I cant move one right now. This sucks. This sucks really bad.

I haven't moved on from 2014 yet either and this game was even closer. I always have trouble moving on. Watched football for almost 50 years and know opportunities like this one may not happen for a long time. Even if the future looks bright.
TVScout

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the rule:
Quote:
RULE 5, ARTICLE 8. PENALTIES FOR ILLEGAL SUBSTITUTION OR WITHDRAWAL

(e) For an offensive substitute who moves onto the field inside the field numerals and leaves without participating in one play: Unsportsmanlike Conduct. See 5-2-5 Note.

That 5-2-5 note is as follows:

The following are applicable to any offensive substitute who is entering the game:

(a) He must move onto the field of play or the end zone as far as the inside of the field numerals prior to the snap to be a legal substitution. If he does not, and is on the field of play or end zone at the time of a legal snap, he is an illegal substitute.

(b) If he approaches the huddle and communicates with a teammate, he is required to participate in at least one play before being withdrawn. Violations of this rule may be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
I am not even a little bit over this game. I cant move one right now. This sucks. This sucks really bad.

I haven't moved on from 2014 yet either and this game was even closer. I always have trouble moving on. Watched football for almost 50 years and know opportunities like this one may not happen for a long time. Even if the future looks bright.

Every time I hear this, I think back to Romo's first full season as a starter. We went 13-3, lost the divisional round to a team we had beat(twice) in the regular season. We had young QB, a Center, a Tackle, a Guard, and a RB make the pro bowl, and also had an ALL-Pro LB. Sound familiar?

The following seasons:

2008 - 9-7
2009 - 11-5 (Slaughtered in Divisional round by Vikings)
2010 - 6-10
2011 - 8-8
2012- 8-8
2013 - 8-8

The future, though it appeared bright, was just dimly lit.

Not saying that we are trending in the wrong direction as a team, but merely pointing out that having a group of young talented players at key positions who are performing at elite levels doesn't guarantee you a bright future. The Panthers probably thought they were a lock to contend for the NFC championship after going 15-1.

We have a chance at a bright future, for sure, but it's pretty clear that these opportunities are few and far between and previous success doesn't lock in future results. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Our point differential this year was +7.2 points per game. Even though that's good, a lot of these games were a bounced ball away from a loss. The Steelers, the Eagles, Both Redskin games, the comeback against the 9ers, the 2 point victory over the Vikings... all of these games could have just as easily gone the other way. A lot of us thought, at some point during all those games, that we were about to lose. If they had lost those close games, we would be 7-9 not 13-3. Same talent, same level of play, couple of bad breaks and we are 7-9 this year.

That's why this one hurts so bad. Going 13-3 requires good fortune, a healthy roster, and a few mistakes from your opponent. If you don't get those, then a roster/staff with the exact same talent can have a drastically different record at years end. Dak and Zeke are going to get better, especially Dak, but so many things go into a successful season. It's to much of a crap shoot to rest assured that we will be an 11+ win team for the next 5 years straight. In fact, I'd say the odds are against that, despite our young talent. The stars can't align every year. Hopefully we will have a couple more shots in the playoffs in the next 5 years, but damn this was a golden chance.
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
resilient wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Every time I hear this, I think back to Romo's first full season as a starter. We went 13-3, lost the divisional round to a team we had beat(twice) in the regular season. We had young QB, a Center, a Tackle, a Guard, and a RB make the pro bowl, and also had an ALL-Pro LB. Sound familiar?

The following seasons:

2008 - 9-7
2009 - 11-5 (Slaughtered in Divisional round by Vikings)
2010 - 6-10
2011 - 8-8
2012- 8-8
2013 - 8-8

The future, though it appeared bright, was just dimly lit.

Not saying that we are trending in the wrong direction as a team, but merely pointing out that having a group of young talented players at key positions who are performing at elite levels doesn't guarantee you a bright future. The Panthers probably thought they were a lock to contend for the NFC championship after going 15-1.

We have a chance at a bright future, for sure, but it's pretty clear that these opportunities are few and far between and previous success doesn't lock in future results. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Our point differential this year was +7.2 points per game. Even though that's good, a lot of these games were a bounced ball away from a loss. The Steelers, the Eagles, Both Redskin games, the comeback against the 9ers, the 2 point victory over the Vikings... all of these games could have just as easily gone the other way. A lot of us thought, at some point during all those games, that we were about to lose. If they had lost those close games, we would be 7-9 not 13-3. Same talent, same level of play, couple of bad breaks and we are 7-9 this year.

That's why this one hurts so bad. Going 13-3 requires good fortune, a healthy roster, and a few mistakes from your opponent. If you don't get those, then a roster/staff with the exact same talent can have a drastically different record at years end. Dak and Zeke are going to get better, especially Dak, but so many things go into a successful season. It's to much of a crap shoot to rest assured that we will be an 11+ win team for the next 5 years straight. In fact, I'd say the odds are against that, despite our young talent. The stars can't align every year. Hopefully we will have a couple more shots in the playoffs in the next 5 years, but damn this was a golden chance.

That is all quite true but in those mediocre years we didn't have the O-line we have now. We didn't dominate the line or protect the QB in those years.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes. More salt in the wound. Lets just [inappropriate/removed] pile it on...

Quote:
michael lombardi‏@mlombardiNFL
The too many men in the huddle call on Dallas for 15 yards was a mistake, the league admitted this to teams...sorry....

That play took at least 3pts off the board. Huge momentum killer.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Ahh yes. More salt in the wound. Lets just [inappropriate/removed] pile it on...

Quote:
The too many men in the huddle call on Dallas for 15 yards was a mistake, the league admitted this to teams...sorry....

The league continues to screw Dallas and I doubt we make it to another Super Bowl with crap like this smh

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Quote:

"Other teams saw the call, called the league office for clarification and NFL said Dallas was not being deceptive,no call was the right call"
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/mlombardinfl?lang=en
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I still get sick everytime I think about how close this game was and if that strange call on Butler wasn't made, or TWill doesn't bounce a ball off his chest or, if Heath had brushed Rodgers arm a little harder and cause a fumble, or Bryan Jones....

So many little things that could have changed everything. Damn, what a waste!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

Jump to: