Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Big Ben going to retire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rygar wrote:
ChiefsFtw wrote:
Good. The league will be better off without the scum

May I give you a little bit of advice? As long as the Chiefs have Tyreek Hill on their roster, you live in a glass house, so it'd behoove you not to throw stones at any non-Chiefs player with character concerns, proven or alleged. You're welcome, and good luck next season.

Valid point.

The league wouldn't be better off without Roethlisberger but the rest of the AFCN would. The league should see that 3 teams would benefit at the expense of one team and force Ben to retire for the greater good.
ChiefsFtw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rygar wrote:
ChiefsFtw wrote:
Good. The league will be better off without the scum

May I give you a little bit of advice? As long as the Chiefs have Tyreek Hill on their roster, you live in a glass house, so it'd behoove you not to throw stones at any non-Chiefs player with character concerns, proven or alleged. You're welcome, and good luck next season.

I'm not too fond of him, either
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
theJ wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
It's Ben.

I take this as seriously as I do when he's milking an injury that he says could keep him out of Ravens-Steelers week.

Exactly. Dude just likes the attention.

I'm a 50+ year Browns fan, I can't stand the Steelers, but nonetheless, I respect the hell out of them.

I don't think that Ben R. has ever been an "attention seeker."

He is a grinder that has played at a high level for a long time.

As some are stating in the Steelers forum, he hasn't always been blessed with the best offensive line, and has paid the price, physically, on ocassion for that.

If you ask me, he's a damned fine football player, that following a few issues earlier in his career has pretty much kept quiet, and just continued to perform.

I just don't see the "attention seeker" there. (I don't read the Pittsburgh media very frequently, but I certainly haven't seen much "look at me" from him in the national media.

I respect the hell out of Ben as a player. For a long time, he has been the last QB I would want to face in a big game (and this year certainly didn't change that opinion Sad).

But, he's definitely an attention seeker.

might be a way to take attention away from AB
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Drama queen. If you want to retire, do it. No need to send out cryptic messages to get attention. We've had enough of that with Brett Favre.

Meanwhile Eli is a top 3 finalist for Walter Payton Man of the Year award for the second year in a row.

Come at me bro

He told a radio show at his age, you have to consider it. How does that make him a drama queen?

Congrats on Eli possibly winning that. Ill take the guy who is far better on the field and always has been. Thanks.

I mean... its not like Eli hasn't proven himself in the playoffs either. He's got two rings to show for it, and certainly has never done anything sleazy off the field like Ben has.

I clearly said ON THE FIELD. Eli has never been on Ben's level. Bringing up rings, as usual, is stupid. Take the rings away from both, and Ben wold still be relevant.

OFF THE FIELD, Ben clearly has a more spotted past, but only idiots still bring up this garbage for no reason, especially when he was never proven guilty of anything.

But hey, by now, I should know better than to use common sense with you. Thats on me.

Very few NFL players get convicted of anything that will have an actual impact on their character. Ben was a scumbag but he grew up and I respect him for that.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ had a lot to do with him getting away with it all.

Sorry I cant be so narrow minded and sheepish that I just believe someone is guilty because he was accused of it with no real proof to back it up.

And before someone accuses me of being a homer, I also made similar cases with Ray Lewis and Tom Brady.

But, we all know weak minded people will believe anything, proof and/or facts be damned, so... Confused

Oh, and for the record, Im not saying Ben is definitely innocent either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Drama queen. If you want to retire, do it. No need to send out cryptic messages to get attention. We've had enough of that with Brett Favre.

Meanwhile Eli is a top 3 finalist for Walter Payton Man of the Year award for the second year in a row.

Come at me bro

He told a radio show at his age, you have to consider it. How does that make him a drama queen?

Congrats on Eli possibly winning that. Ill take the guy who is far better on the field and always has been. Thanks.

I mean... its not like Eli hasn't proven himself in the playoffs either. He's got two rings to show for it, and certainly has never done anything sleazy off the field like Ben has.

I clearly said ON THE FIELD. Eli has never been on Ben's level. Bringing up rings, as usual, is stupid. Take the rings away from both, and Ben wold still be relevant.

OFF THE FIELD, Ben clearly has a more spotted past, but only idiots still bring up this garbage for no reason, especially when he was never proven guilty of anything.

But hey, by now, I should know better than to use common sense with you. Thats on me.

Very few NFL players get convicted of anything that will have an actual impact on their character. Ben was a scumbag but he grew up and I respect him for that.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ had a lot to do with him getting away with it all.

Sorry I cant be so narrow minded and sheepish that I just believe someone is guilty because he was accused of it with no real proof to back it up.

And before someone accuses me of being a homer, I also made similar cases with Ray Lewis and Tom Brady.

But, we all know weak minded people will believe anything, proof and/or facts be damned, so... Confused

Oh, and for the record, Im not saying Ben is definitely innocent either.

He did throw money at the civil suit and some innocent people supposedly do that but I can't imagine that is a very high percentage. This thread isn't about that though it's about whether or not he will retire. If he does retire how it impacts his legacy might make it debatable but not in this thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: