Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFCCG: Steelers @ Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who heads to Houston?
Steelers
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Patriots
78%
 78%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 32

1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this feeling will ever, ever get old. 7 SB appearances in 15(!) seasons. That is remarkable. We are so spoiled.

Speaking of things that will never get old…. Bill Belichick constantly out coaching Tomlin and co. I couldn't believe that the Steelers continued to play zone.

I love Tom Brady so god damn much. The man just OWNS the Steelers. 384 yard, 3 TD's against this "much improved" Steelers defense. Yeah right. They played no offenses in that good stretch of defense performances. I knew they just weren't a good defense. Brady carved them all game long.

Chris 7-11 Hogan. What a signing (thank you Bills). He's added another dimension to this offense. SO happy he's here.

My one complaint is the fact that we continued to almost force runs, when they literally had no answer to our short passing attack. The running game will need to be much better if we want to take down Atlanta.

All week we heard about how the Patriots hadn't played any good QBs and they were going to get exposed. Heck, Bart Scott(shocker) said right before the game that Big Ben was going to pick us apart. I hope this defense finally starts to get the praise and credit they deserve. They basically held one of the best offenses in the league to 9 points. They won't though, people will continue to say Atlanta's offense is going to have their way.

I actually didn’t like went Bell went down. I think Williams matched up against us better, and they really prepared for Bell's running style all week. You could tell it took some time to adjust.

Logan Ryan, who has been trashed on here all year, is a hell of a football player. I'm actually worried he's played his way out of New England, because he's going to get paid. Was great tonight and I'm always impressed how well he tackles as a corner.

Butler, with help, basically took out Antonio Brown. That should not go without comment. I love this secondary.

BB the GM is having a hell of the year. My favorite thing about Belichick is how he always finds guys that fit HIS system. Van Noy and Rowe, it's almost hard to believe other teams didn't want these guys. Rowe's improved greatly since he settled in, and Van Noy has been great as well. I think he has one more year on his contract? Belichick gets his players to buy into the system, play their assignment and do their job. It can be annoying at times, for example the rushing just three guys, but you could tell they just wanted to limit the big play and wanted to make the Steelers try to beat them by slow, methodical drives. It worked.

Just wanted to point out, McMurtry's pre-game analysis of this matchup was about as spot on as you can get. Basically called the entire defensive game plan, a trick play, and other points I can't think of off the top of my head. Credit to you, Murts.

Back to the SB! I'm not going to comment on Atlanta yet…it's time to let this soak in.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 games without a 90 yard rusher, btw. Hell of a streak.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats gents

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guessed 35-17 Pats luck was on my side, but preparation by this team is what created such a one sided win. Now we might here " But if LeVeon hadn't got hurt" , would not have made a huge difference. The Pats are always ready for the Steelers.

On to Atalanta a lot of prep will to and needs to go into this game, we know nothing of this team, and vice verse. The play man to man which tends to be more problematic the Pats. Not sure how well they can take Julio out of the game he is amazing. Nice to be pretty healthy going in.

Last edited by MoJo63 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hunter2_1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over under on 494.5 times we hear "Belichick takes away your best weapon" in the media over the next two weeks?
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://prod.video.patriots.clubs.nfl.com//NE/videos/dct/video_audio/2017/01-January/20170127_aa_belestrator-5000k.mp4
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
http://prod.video.patriots.clubs.nfl.com//NE/videos/dct/video_audio/2017/01-January/20170127_aa_belestrator-5000k.mp4

Love it. Could watch BB breakdown film for hours.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: