Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTERS early Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTERS early Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Bucs Mock Offseason

Re-sign:
- DE Will Gholston
- DE (RFA Tender) Jaq Smith
- WR Russell Shepard
- Safety Bradley McDougald
- CB Josh Robinson
- CB Jude Adjei Barimah (Tendered)
- RB Jaquiz Rodgers
- WR Mike Evans (Contract Extension much deserved for a #1 WR)

Cut:
- CB Alterraun Verner
- RB Doug Martin

FA Signings:
- RT Rick Wagner : 5 years 30 million
Why? Wagner is one of the games best RTs. Bucs need to upgrade that position and this could lead to them trading Demar Dotson as his contract is not expensive but means he will no longer be the starter.

- NT Jonathon Hankins: 4 years 19 million
Why? Bucs need to improve the depth inside at NT as they were gashed up the middle towards the end of last year. I think Hankins fits the bill on first and second down next to McCoy.

- RB Andre Ellington: 1 year deal
Why? He looked like a very good back before the arrival of David Johnson two years ago. Licht has ties and he could be a hidden Gem.

- WR Cordelle Patterson: 2 year deal
Why? He improves our depth and he still has upside as an NFL receiver.

- OLB Malcolm Smith : 2 year deal :
Why? He fits Mike Smiths defense on the strong side at LB.

Trade:
Buccaneers Trade OT Demar Dotson and a 5th round pick to Seattle for TE Jimmy Graham and Seahawks 6th round pick
WHy? This is a trade that I deem bold. Seattle OL sucks along with their Cap space. There are rumors surfacing that the Seahawks may look to shed Graham's 10 million salary. Bucs are in it to win it now and Graham helps their two TE set. Seahawks get a cheaper option at RT with the selection to upgrade is too pricey and not strong.

Draft:
1st Round: Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
- I still believe Corey Davis will be available as WR's Deshaun Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey will be available in FA that teams like Philadelphia or Tennessee may opt to sign. Davis is a perfect #2 compliment to Mike Evans. Yes this can change come March after all workouts and evaluations are complete. But right now, with the heavy talent in the secondary and DL and need for QB, I can see Davis slipping to the later teens.

2nd Round: Budda Baker Safety Washington
- He may be undersized but this guy can play nickel CB and deep free safety. He could be similar to Matheu. He's not afraid to tackle either.

3rd Round: Pat Eiflin C Ohio State
- This man is a beast of a run blocker and solid in pass protection. Monster on the inside with high football IQ. This is a great value pick.

4th round: Trey Hendrickson DE Florida Atlantic
- Hendrickson is a small school talent who really impressed in the shrine bowl with his speed and strength. I like him here in the 4th round to add to our rotation.

6th Round: James Connor RB Pittsburgh
- Connor can be that bull dozing back that we need in Tampa to get the tough yards. His story is incredible coming off an ACL and beating cancer.

6th Round via Seattle: Dalvin Tomlinson DT Alabama
- Tomlinson provides depth to our DLINE. He's a quality run defender on first and second downs.

7th Round: Brandon Bell LB Penn State
- This guy fills depth that can play inside and SLB. He is a beast on the field that can plug a future hole at SLB.

My offseason Summary:
Yes I have us resigning Rodgers and adding two running backs. But again, none of the guys on the roster have proved much and competition in the backfield is key in my opinion. Sims is better as a receiver and may be a hybrid type player. Rodgers/Ellington/Connor/Barber can all battle out in camp for carries.

I have us improving the WR depth and adding a starter. Evans/Humphrey/Davis/Patterson/Shepard improve the receiving corps along with adding Jimmy Graham.

Defensively we heavily build and improve the DLINE. We had injuries last year and we can anticipate the loss of Ayers come 2018. But right now we heavily solidify our depth behind our starters. Hankins and Hendrickson are big additions via FA and draft. Gholston has the ability to kick inside.

I think we improve just by replacing conte at safety. The secondary was strong last year and adding baker brings a playmaker to the secondary.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham and a fourth went for a first and one of the better interior olinemen in the league. There's no way we get him and a sixth for an average RT and a fifth. It doesn't matter if he's 30.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Graham and a fourth went for a first and one of the better interior olinemen in the league. There's no way we get him and a sixth for an average RT and a fifth. It doesn't matter if he's 30.

I get it. I said it was a bold move as well. I read that Seattle may look to cut him so I threw an idea out there that rather get something in return than nothing. Far fetched? Possibly. But we've seen stranger things happen.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thanks for making the mock. always enjoy them with other fans take the time to do these things.

only complaint is the 1st round pick...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: