You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Newest Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: My Newest Mock Reply with quote

Assumptions:

Re-signed: Whit, Dre, Brandon LaFell, Ced Peerman, Margus Hunt, Brandon Thompson

Leave: Zeitler, Gilberry, Burkhead, Karlos Dansby

Retire: Peko, Winston

Cut: Rey Maualuga

Trade: AJMac to SF for a 3rd round pick (66 overall)

Rankings from CBSSports.com

And as much as I'd like to upgrade Bodine, I don't think they will.

Draft:

9 - Derek Barnett DE UT 6'3" 265 - They need a pass rusher. As much as I like Foster here, I'm not sold the Bengals will take a LB that high. And Barnett was VERY productive, and against good competition.

41 - TJ Watt OLB Wisky 6'4" 243 - Our new SLB.

66 - Curtis Samuel, OW OSU, 5'11" 200 - (OW = Offensive Weapon) Can play slot or outside WR, or RB. Will be a nice new toy for Zampese to play with and insurance in case Gio isn't ready. Brings speed.

73 - Taylor Moton OT WMU 6'5" 328 - Depth at OT with Winston retiring and Ced still a big ?

114 - Isaac Asiata OG, Utah 6'3" 323 - Big body who is athletic for a guard his size, takes over for Zeitler at RG

137 - Brendan Langley CB Lamar 6'0" 193

144 - Josh Jones FS NC St 6'2" 215 - Depth at FS

154 - Tanzel Smart DT Tulane 6'0" 304

194 - Zane Gonzalez K ASU 6'0" 190 High % and has made some long ones

218 - Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss 6'2" 224 - Has the pedigree and played well early in the season. Raw lump of developmental clay with some upside.

221 - Riley Bullough ILB MSU 6'1" 227 - The Bullough boys are football players and well coached under Dantonio

230 - Josh Tupou DT Colorado 6'3" 326 - Big body NT type
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Barnett and Gonzales picks, I like Kelly as a backup to groom. I'm not as high on Watt as others, but it works. Samuel is a pick I don't see the team making, not because he isn't good, but because they struggle really using the jack of all trades type of players.

The rest fill needs ,but I don't know enough about any of them to comment intelligently.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with Barnett. I dont know much about Watt, but not sure he fits the kind of LB I am hoping for. Looks like good depth everywhere else.

As much as Samuel is a weapon, I do wonder if we would know what to do with him.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for Watt as our SAM.

Overall though, the OLine looks weaker than last season, and if that's the case we're in trouble...
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free agency is pretty realistic, but I don't see any chance Margus Hunt returns, because he would fit better in the 3-4 somewhere else.

My thoughts on each pick

1.Pretty much the same thing I said to INBengal in his mock. I really would like to see who you have as the top 8 picks.

2a.Can't go wrong with drafting the brother of JJ Watt. so I like this pick, especially considering he's got some 1st round value.

2b.This is a great pick, if they can pull it off. Loved watching this guy at Ohio State, and it essentially fills 2 needs as well. Plus its great value

3.Solid pick, especially since Winston is gone so drafting an OT would make sense

4a.Good pick, although they need to draft an OG much sooner if Zeitler is gone

4b.Addressed another need, but I think Langley is a slight reach here

4c.Interesting pick, probably wouldn't of taken a S until very late in the draft though.

5.Good pick, will add depth with the departure of Peko

6a.Excellent pick, getting Gonzales in the 6th is a steal

6b.Another good pick, same as what I had

6c.Practice squad pick, so its ok

7.Wouldn't of drafted another DT, so its a practice squad pick

You did a good job on addressing almost all of there needs, and didn't make many reaches, which is good. I would of liked a C, but you said they wouldn't address that, so I will excuse that.

My only concern with this draft was I would of added another RB or WR somewhere. Samuel may be versatile, but whatever position he's at, the Bengals would be wise to address the other one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: