You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Promote QB coach Matt Cavanaugh To OC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Redskins Promote QB coach Matt Cavanaugh To OC Reply with quote

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Redskins-Promote-Matt-Cavanaugh-To-Offensive-Coordinator/a3faea0e-4663-4b52-886c-a92f844729b9

Once again, the Redskins decide to promote from within instead of going outside for a vacant coordinating position. Don't know much about him, but he seems to have done a good job with Kirk Cousins. He was also the Ravens offensive coordinator when they beat the Giants in the Super Bowl... What do you think about this, Redskins fans?

Nacho Simulation Football League
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must have really made leaps and bounds between 2014 and now. Was a deer in headlights as Chicagos QB Coach in 2013-2014. Many argue that Bears team was worse than this years 3-13 squad. Everything was a dumsterfire with Trestman and his staff but this certainly is a surprising move to me given how little impact he made on Cutler and the offense several seasons ago.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden's essentially our true O.C. and will call plays. This "promotion" doesn't really mean much.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
He must have really made leaps and bounds between 2014 and now. Was a deer in headlights as Chicagos QB Coach in 2013-2014. Many argue that Bears team was worse than this years 3-13 squad. Everything was a dumsterfire with Trestman and his staff but this certainly is a surprising move to me given how little impact he made on Cutler and the offense several seasons ago.

Came in to post this.

After that season, I never thought he would get anything higher than another (bad) teams QB coach position. I don't see this ending well, however.

@michaelsbodam (Twitter)
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Came in to post this.

After that season, I never thought he would get anything higher than another (bad) teams QB coach position. I don't see this ending well, however.

Are we just completely discounting the work he did this past year with a QB who was actually willing to learn and perfect what he was teaching?

mike23md on the sig
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Came in to post this.

Are we just completely discounting the work he did this past year with a QB who was actually willing to learn and perfect what he was teaching?

You are assuming Cutler wasn't "willing to learn"?
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Came in to post this.

Compared to Kirk's willingness? Yes.

mike23md on the sig
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Came in to post this.

Compared to Kirk's willingness? Yes.

What do you know about Cutler to make you come to that conclusion? Every single offensive coordinator he's ever had has spoken volumes about his intelligence and willing to learn an offensive system.

Hell, here's a story about it, with the main source of enthusiasm coming directly from the mouth of Cavanaugh

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000169383/article/jay-cutler-is-borderline-brilliant-bears-qb-coach-says

Quote:
Shortly after he was hired earlier this offseason, Chicago Bears quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh sidestepped questions about Jay Cutler's viability as a franchise quarterback. Cavanaugh believed it was premature to offer an opinion before meeting Cutler and dissecting the game film.

Now that he's had a chance for a full evaluation, Cavanaugh is "very impressed" by what he's seen and heard from Cutler.

"He's borderline football brilliant," Cavanaugh said Tuesday, via the Chicago Tribune's Dan Pompei. "I think he gets it. I think he knows the game. I think he knows offensive schemes. I think he knows defenses."

And more to the point:

Quote:
"I'm excited for him, and I think he's excited," Cavanaugh said. "In the short period of time we've been here, I've seen him embrace what we're trying to get done and want to be a big part of it.

I'm not some big Cutler supporter. I think he's possibly the best QB the Bears have had (which isn't saying much), but its definitely time to move on. But I'm sick and tired of people questioning his toughness and willingness at the QB position. His problem is decision-making and awareness, end of story.

I don't think Cavanaugh is a great hire.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, it was my general impression of Cutler (via games, media reports, etc.) that gave me the opinion he wasn't dedicated to perfecting his craft. Looks like I may have been wrong if that wasn't just coach-speak you posted. Regardless, Cavanaugh has done wonders for Kirk. He is more responsible for Kirk's improvement in decision-making, patience in the pocket, and accuracy, than any other coach in Washington. As long as Gruden continues to call plays, I have no doubt that Cavanaugh will be an asset.

mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: