Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream Mock/Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Dream Mock/Offseason Reply with quote

This is what I want to happen & I could see Elway going this way.

All numbers by OverTheCap

Beginning Cap Space: $33,271,133

Main Cuts

Russell Okung (+10.9m)
Donald Stephenson (+3m)
Virgil Green (+2.8m)
Ty Sambrailo (+520k)

Resign

Casey Kreiter (-540k)
James Ferentz (-615k)
Jordan Taylor (-540k)
Zaire Anderson (-540k)
Shaquil Barrett (-615k)
Matt Paradis (-540k)
Brandon McManus (-1.7m)
Vance Walker (-2m)
Dekoda Watson (-900k)
Sylvester Williams (-775k)

Cap Room: $49,795,500

Free Agents

Calais Campbell - 3 years, $36 million
Andrew Whitworth - 2 years, $25 million
Menelik Watson - 2 years, $7 million
Larry Warford - 2 years, $8 million

No idea how much these guys are worth, so help me out if I'm wrong.

Cap Room: $18,462,167

Draft

Round 1 - #20

Cam Robinson OT - Alabama

Perhaps he'll be our LT of the future. In any case he'll be here a while.

Round 2 - #51

Dan Feeney OG - Indiana

We need more talent inside, he fits the bill.

** Denver trades #82 & #97 for #61 **

Round 2 - #61

Bucky Hodges TE - Virginia Tech

In Hodges we get an imposing figure at TE, though rougher around the edges than the top guys.

Round 3 - #102

Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington (stealing from germ-x)

He would certainly be a steal, if he's still available.

The rest I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where does Robinson play?

LT- Whitworth
LG- Feeney
C- Paradis
RG- Warford
RT- Watson

Does he push for time at RT?

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
So where does Robinson play?

LT- Whitworth
LG- Feeney
C- Paradis
RG- Warford
RT- Watson

Does he push for time at RT?
Yeah the idea is he competes with Watson for the RT job until after Whitworth leaves or if he declines. I guess if were drafting a guy at 20 he probably should start but it doesn't hurt to have depth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love to have a dynamic running back in the mold of dion lewis, Tevin Coleman. I really want Christian McCaffrey.

But i love this draft dont think robinson falls to us but if he gets into the teens i can see Elway trading up.

Idk what to think of our weapons outside of Thomas and Sanders. Fowler has shown the most flashes, followed by Taylor, Followed by latimer last year with Brock.

Im not sure of our w3apons didnt produce because of the offense, and oline or the scheme or if they just aren't good.

This draft my biggest pet peeve is we're neglecting the defense which I dont see Elway doing. He isnt gonna sacrafice an elite d for a potential improvement to the offensive line.

I really think he goes corner early top 3 rounds because this is a deep class with many steals to be had and Talib is getting older and is a problem waiting to happen.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the FA. Campbell and Whitworth have to be our #1a and #1b targets. They are both so elite that their mere presence will elevate the entire OL and DL as a unit.

Also like Watson as an under-the-radar type signing. Make no mistake though, he is much closer to a swing backup that starting caliber guy. He has been hurt and inconsistent all career, but for the price, I would take him. Like the upside and idea that he could push whoever we draft at RT.

Larry Warford is going to cost closer to 8M than 4M. He would be a great signing but likely out of our price range if we snag the big signings.

Love Cam Robinson at 1.20 as long as the FO is understanding that he is a RT. And he will be a good one at that. May be closer to a Phil Loadholt / Orlando Franklin type RT that has speed issues in pass protection, but he will be able to hold his own against power rushers and will be an immediate plus in the run game. Also has upside as an OG, and potentially could be best as a mauling RG if RT gives him troubles. Regardless, draft him, fit him somewhere on the right side of the line and let him bully guys.

I like but don't love Feeney. Nice player, NFL ready mentally and technique but his base power is somewhat worrisome and his concussion history scares the hell out of me, especially in this NFL climate. He may be worth the gamble though.

Love Bucky Hodges. He is the type of weapon that we need. Hate Cooper Kupp, he just doesn't flash enough for me. I think he is a R5 talent. Would rather snag Ryan Switzer as a slot guy, he can help returning kicks too.

Also, Sly Williams is getting more than $775K. Probably 3-4M per type deal. He shouldn't be back.

Nice work overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: