Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Shanahan Leaving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Shanahan Leaving Reply with quote

Since it looks like Shanahan is almost certainly leaving for the 49ers job, what are everyone's thoughts on this? Will the offense fall from grace? Will Shanahan flame out quick in San Fran?

Personally, I think we have enough talent on our team to figure out how to stay within the top 5 of the league for as long as we keep our main players on the roster (not to mention our drafting has been pretty good lately). Also, I can't remember the source, but it said we will not allow any of our other assistants to make a lateral move to Shanahan's staff.

As far as Shanahan himself goes, I just can't see this going well. First of all, the ownership is a trainwreck. Jed York seems intent on making San Fran the new Cleveland. Not to mention, despite Shanny's incredible success this year, we all know what type of personality he possesses, which I also think will make it hard for him to command a locker room. I see this going the way of Josh McDaniels in Denver. He will likely need to fail with an organization and take a serious look at his own shortcomings in order to become a reputable head coach. I think he is better off waiting for a better opening (Indy) next year than taking what's left over this year.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bring in Rick Dennison or Greg Knapp and the offense will continue to flourish. Knapp gets a lot of flack for what happened with Vick, but he just wasn't the right guy to work with Vick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan isnt leaving.

Even if he has a off year next year, he's made a good resume with Washington and Cleveland, and now Atlanta. He can get a better job next year that doesnt involve Jed York.

He'll be back, as long as we win.

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Shanahan isnt leaving.

Even if he has a off year next year, he's made a good resume with Washington and Cleveland, and now Atlanta. He can get a better job next year that doesnt involve Jed York.

He'll be back, as long as we win.
no. it's a foregone conclusion he's leaving.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoughts on chip kelly?

will miss shanny, what a game called today

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: