Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Garrett Selected PFWAs 2016 NFL Coach of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
Jason Garret deserves no awards, He lucked into Dak Prescott and without him he'd be lucky to get to 8 wins, Plus he was out-coached in the playoffs for what feels like the billionth time. The medicore Garret continues to look like an impressive HC on paper, but in reality he's nothing more than a lucky puppet who Jerry likes too much.

You think Jason drafting Dak was pure luck? You think Jason doesn't know how to draft? Explain three All Pro linemen he drafted.
When you get a franchise QB in the 4th round, it's definitely more luck. If they had him rated and scouted as a franchise QB, they wouldn't have waited until round four to grab him.

Also, don't Jerry and his son have final say over drafts?

Either way, Garrett coached his team lead by two rookie players at QB and RB to the number 1 seed and fully deserves credit. He wouldn't have been my choice but I don't mind him winning.

El ramster on the custom sig!
///mcompact

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
When you get a franchise QB in the 4th round, it's definitely more luck. If they had him rated and scouted as a franchise QB, they wouldn't have waited until round four to grab him.

Dak was the consensus "Coaches pick" (especially Linehan and Wilson). No one spent more time with Dak than the Cowboys coaching staff. But yes...he was seen as a "project" and not a sure fire thing. Something to work on for a couple of years behind Romo. It was lucky that he was this good this soon.

Jerry wanted Lynch (obvious from his comments) but Stephen put the brakes on that when the price became too steep. The rest of the QBs were just racked/stacked by the scouts on that board.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
Jason Garret deserves no awards, He lucked into Dak Prescott and without him he'd be lucky to get to 8 wins, Plus he was out-coached in the playoffs for what feels like the billionth time. The medicore Garret continues to look like an impressive HC on paper, but in reality he's nothing more than a lucky puppet who Jerry likes too much.

You think Jason drafting Dak was pure luck? You think Jason doesn't know how to draft? Explain three All Pro linemen he drafted.

Jason doesn't draft anyone, he may have some input but Jerry Jones and friends make those decisions.

I don't have to explain anything, Jerry Jones hit on multiple lineman and has his pretty big share of draft busts. See Randy Gregory and the almost drafting of Johnny Manziel.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WittWareTNew wrote:

Well I guess Belicheat must be a horrible coach since he lucked out with a 7th round QB to win a few Super Bowls. Lucky f**k!

Belicheat is a great coach, But you and I both know he doesn't go to six superbowls without Tom Brady, if Bellicheck doesn't draft Brady in round 6, The patriots and the rest of NFL history is vastly different than it would be today.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
number21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been Gase but ah well.
TVScout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
TVScout wrote:
OleXmad wrote:

Jason doesn't draft anyone, he may have some input but Jerry Jones and friends make those decisions.

I don't have to explain anything, Jerry Jones hit on multiple lineman and has his pretty big share of draft busts. See Randy Gregory and the almost drafting of Johnny Manziel.

Jason has a helluva lot more influence than "some input".
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there people who feel like coaches don't have significant input in the draft? Positional coaches often have as much say in setting the draft board as scouts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: