Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frosti Bucs Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Frosti Bucs Offseason Reply with quote

What's up everyone this is what I think we should do or even could happen with the offseason. This may look like Nates offseason a bit but hey great minds think alike.

Cuts - Not Resigned

RB Doug Martin - I don't think we keep him back next year. We have to revamp the RB position and this is where it starts. The drug problem isn't the only thing that is wanting me to get him out but the injuries just keep stacking. Maybe he just needs a fresh start with a new team. Wish him luck.

WR - Vincent Jackson - We all know that it is time for him to retire and I can see that happening this offseason. He has done good for us since signing his 5 year deal but it is time to let go and have a nice retirement.

OT - Gosder Cherilus - We all saw and that world saw how bad this guy played on Monday night vs Dallas. He got abused in that game giving up sacks and pressure that secured a win for Dallas.

S - Chris Conte - Again I think we all can see this coming. He played decent the first couple of games but then went down hill got injured and never started from there. Tandy did a good job in replacing him and we can let this guy go.

LB Daryl Smith - I am thinking that he retires at the offseason.

Other Cuts
WR Cecil Shorts
TE Brandon Myers
WR Josh Huff
DE Jacquies Smith
WR Russell Shepard

Re-Signed

DE - Will Gholston - I think we need to resign him. I think we can get some sort of deal out for him and get him back in TB. He played well for us in the 5 game stretch that we had.

TE - Cameron Brate - I think we all saw this season how much Winston loved targeting Brate. We need to get him back on a good contract and not help him go.

WR - Adam Humphries - Yes I think we need some more weapons for Winston and resigning Humphries is one of the things we need to do this offseason. Adding him and a couple more WR have to be done.

RB - Jacquizz Rodgers - Rodgers played well in the games that he did start when Martin was out. I think we, just like WR grab a couple of RB this offseason.

S - Bradley McDougald
C - Joe Hawley
CB - Jude Adjei-Barimah
DT - Akeem Spence
LS - Andre DePaola
CB - Josh Robinson
OLB - Adarious Glanton
WR - Donteaa Dye
DE - Ryan Russell

Free Agents

Eric Berry, S, Chiefs
Quote:
I think this is the guy everyone wants. I can see why. We need a safety in the back field like this guy. Having him playing next to Tandy would do wonders for the defense and for Smith. We all know his story of him getting cancer and beating it to playing on Sundays again.

Ricky Wagner, OT, Ravens
Quote:
Like I said earlier for cutting Cherilus we need to get a new RT and why not get the best in the FA. Putting Wagner on the right side would not only be good for Winston but for the RB's that will be playing for us next year. This guy is only 27 so he is still young. I don't think he will do good at the LT spot so putting him and keeping him in the RT would be good.

Johnathan Hankins, NT, Giants
Quote:
We need to get a running mate with McCoy he can't be doing everything on his own. Hankins has had his injuries with the torn pect but at only 25 I think we can grab him here and place him next to McCoy. He isn't to bad at run defense but he is best at getting pressure on the opposing QBs.

Kenny Britt, WR, Rams
Quote:
Some may say no but I know we need a couple of WR and I think we can get Britt for a decent size deal. We need help in this position and getting someone in FA and Draft is a must. Britt came away with 1,000 yards last year and that is coming from some bad QB. I think Rams gets rid of the players that Fishers has. I would welcome him in.

Draft

With our 1st Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Charles Harris, DE, Missouri

Quote:
This will really depend on who is available. This pick is hard to do. I would love for Davis, Cook one of those to be there but I don't think they will. I know we signed Gholston back and we drafted Spence in the draft but getting Harris to go along with them would be good for this D-Line. Getting more pressure to the QB will help are CB and S out more. Like everyone usually says its never bad to have more pass rushers.

With our 2nd Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

Quote:

Like I keep saying up above we need to get weapons for Winston and getting a another TE to pair with Brate would do wonders for Winston. Everett maybe have been playing small school once started out at UAB until the disbanded his went on to play for South Alabama. Standing at 6'4 240 he is a good receiving TE accumulating 717 yards and 4 TDs. He is going to put into the lineup with the 2 TE sets that we run.

With our 3rd Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan
Quote:

I know I said like a broken record but getting weapons for Winston is a key to this offseason. Having Evans, Britt, Humphries and no Darboh it will help Winston even grow more then he has in his 2nd season. Darboh played pretty decent for Michigan this season having 862 yards and 7 Tds. At 6'2 215 he runs pretty fast pairing him with the WR core we have and having Evans teach him what he knows will do wonders for his kid.

With our 4th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida
Quote:

This class is loaded with potential RB. Having released Martin in the offseason we need to draft another RB and having Mack at this mid 4th round we need to take him. If one of are running backs don't work then next year is another loaded class of RB and I see us spending a 1st round next year on one if we need to. Mack has rushed for 1,000 yards in his 3 season for the Bulls. Having him and Rodgers along with the other RB we will have a competition in spring for the jobs.

With our 5th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

Quote:
These next few round we have to add depth throughout the team whether its on offense or defense. Adding depth to the O-Line is another must we have to do with the FA and Draft. Adding Orlosky to the mix will help if any interior line goes down. Orlosky is only looked at G or C. He needs to add a little more weight but getting and offseason in the weight room that will help.

With our 6th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Evan Berry, S, Tennessee

Quote:
I haven't seen if this kid is going to enter the draft or stay in school but for now I have him going. If that changes and he goes back I will change my pick. We got his brother Berry in the FA and why not get his brother in the draft. This kid was injured and out for the season earlier in the season but this kid is special in the return game. He returned 3 kicks back this year. Not only is it good for are special team but having his brother to teach him wouldn't be to bad either.

With our 7th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Nyeem Wartman-White, OLB/ILB, Penn State

Quote:
This one is just depth. I read that scouts loved this kid before he got injured so why not take a chance on him and get more depth. Put him on special teams hopefully he comes back fully from the injuries.

Like I said at the beginning the offseason my look like Nates but great mind think alike Laughing Anyways if you guys have any comments on this offseason Hate or Love I wouldn't mind getting it.

The main thing is offseason is to get weapons for Winston and get a few piece to the defense that would help take us to the playoffs. With this offseason I can see us going to the playoffs and wining a game or two.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Charles Harris as a player but some have pegged his "down season " last year as a system fit not being utilized correctly. He may not be a 4-3 end and I'm not sure he fits what we do.

For the offseason, I wouldn't go after Britt. I'd go after more of a speedster like Terrance Williams or marquise Goodwin.

I don't see the harm in bringing back Jaq smith. He's good depth and he's not going to command anything on the open market. It's a low risk signing.

I would love to have will gholston back. But if someone comes in and offers him 7.5 million per, I wouldn't get into a bidding war. I always hoped he would develop into an average pass rusher and he showed some signs of it under schiano in 2013 but he never progressed from the flashes. I'd love to see him come back though.

I would love Eric Berry but I just have a feeling an elite stud like him is going to come back. If The NFL increases cap space, plus I expect KC to let go of Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, and Jamaal Charles this offseason to free up money to extend Berry and future cap space for Peters and Dee ford. I would fire the GM if they don't make it a point to resign one of if not the best safety in football.

I love the Wagner and Hankins signings. We need to upgrade at RT and Center this offseason. I'm not a fan of Hawley.

Overall nice job. I like the day two picks in Everret and Darboh. Darboh is definitely a sleeper. Michigans qb ply was below average and he should be higher on everyone's board than where he currently is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: