Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars hire Interim HC Doug Marrone as Permanent Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I'm really not upset over the Sullivan firing.

Yea he has done a good job developing guys. The man is 72 years old though. Even if he coached for one more year, I don't see him coaching past that.

He's probably gonna retire now.

- lebeau is basically dead but we keep hanging onto him because he's one of the only reasons our defense isn't last in the nfl

i'm not even gonna hate on the marrone hiring because i honestly think he could be pretty solid, but i dunno why you wouldn't stick with a good thing as long as you can

Last edited by -Hope- on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Yea he has done a good job developing guys. The man is 72 years old though. Even if he coached for one more year, I don't see him coaching past that.

- lebeau is basically dead but we keep hanging onto him because he's basically the reason our defense isn't last in the nfl

i'm not even gonna hate on the marrone hiring because i honestly think he could be pretty solid, but i dunno why you wouldn't stick with a good thing as long as you can

Dougy just wants his own guys for the most part, I guess. I don't blame him for that.

^^el ramster^^
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Keenan gets a look to replace Sullivan
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - ????
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Love Jerry, but I agree.

He isn't a long-term option. Some of our receivers had mightily rough years. We seem like we want to make pretty large changes to the staff so it didn't surprise me. I expect just Hackett and Wash to stay tbh.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=".Buzz"]
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Love Jerry, but I agree.

He isn't a long-term option. Some of our receivers had mightily rough years. We seem like we want to make pretty large changes to the staff so it didn't surprise me. I expect just Hackett and Wash to stay tbh.[/quote

If Mallory isn't fired, there's a problem.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="KhanYouDigIt"]
.Buzz wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Love Jerry, but I agree.

He isn't a long-term option. Some of our receivers had mightily rough years. We seem like we want to make pretty large changes to the staff so it didn't surprise me. I expect just Hackett and Wash to stay tbh.[/quote

If Mallory isn't fired, there's a problem.

He has to be blackmailing people. IDK how he continues to stick.

El Ramster on the sig
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marrone will be a great coach, he is the one dude out of all the HC prospects that I trust to move this team in the correct direction. This team didn't need to be overhauled in the coaching department just some minor changes. They lost alot of close games last year a small change will go a long way.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
Marrone will be a great coach, he is the one dude out of all the HC prospects that I trust to move this team in the correct direction. This team didn't need to be overhauled in the coaching department just some minor changes. They lost alot of close games last year a small change will go a long way.

IDK if I totally agree with your thought here, but I do agree that Marrone is a very good coach and can get good results here. We have lost a lot of close games the last couple years and I expect Marrone to definitely make an impact on that.

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
You know, instead of holding up a pitchfork 24/7, its a lot better to take the wait and see approach. Sorry if not everyone wants to sit here in deep depression.

Considering the HC, OC, and likely some position coaches are going to be out/already are, you acting like theres no change is laughable. Marrone is going to change things mightily compared to Gus. Hackett wont be running Olsens offense next year like he did this year.

How Marrone became interim is dumb, should have been done far earlier. Doesnt mean Marrone isnt a good HC candidate. His resume goes much farther back than the OL coach of the Jaguars.

you kept one of the guys who allowed your starting qb to regress to the point where he said he doesn't know how to throw a football and was apart of a culture nothing but failure and no accountability

This is the part of the whole thing that really gets under my skin.

There's all this talk of "changing the culture" and "accountability" and all these buzzwords and lipservice to doing the right things...But then they promote the guy who did a garbage job in his role in charge of the O-Line to Head Coach? How is that accountability in any way shape or form? The guy sucked at his job, and was promoted for it. That's absurd, and the complete and total opposite of "accountability", whether he's a decent HC candidate in a vacuum or not.

-As long as someone else sucks more, you can just lay in the weeds until they're fired and you'll earn a promotion for doing shoddy work.

That's the message there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: