You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC Divisional GDT: Houston Texans vs New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think OB1 knows the stat about how we are undefeated if we lead at half-time???
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJax... you suck... he literally pointed at you

Should have been OPI tho... but still
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This.f##&%#$%$.D.is.legendary

Nice stop fellas!!!
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Williams was active over Ervin... and I hope Ervin is OK
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ssooo... 3rd & 3... running the ball well... let's go shotgun with no back... makes sense

I seriously question the sanity of our OC
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delivery too slow... esp. when D know where you are going with the ball

That windup tho... sheesh...
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Fuller.... you d^*^*^&&(
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney... come on, bruh
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brcok... the THIRD... THIRD! !!! INT is on you... Not sure who you are yelling at
bigblew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a new QB stat Brock is worse qb I seen in a while sorry
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
You need a new QB stat Brock is worse qb I seen in a while sorry

From your mouth to GM's ears
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough game, your D played great. You were the guys I wanted to win the SB if the Patriots couldn't.

With a healthy Watt your D will be terrifying next year. Good luck, and see you next season.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Tough game, your D played great. You were the guys I wanted to win the SB if the Patriots couldn't.

With a healthy Watt your D will be terrifying next year. Good luck, and see you next season.

Thanks bud.

I dunno about y'all but I'm proud of this squad. Despite the fact that we lost by three scores, I feel like that may be the best performance the Texans have ever managed, mainly based on the context. Divisional round playoff game (our Superbowl) in Foxborough, we hung with them for 3 quarters, and arguably outplayed them for an entire half in their own place, WITHOUT our best CB, S, D Lineman, RT, and largely due to Brock Osweilers keeping us in the game.

The media will continue to tell it's new favorite storyline.. Brock Osweiler is dog [inappropriate/removed] and the Texans are retarded for paying him so much. The Texans are doomed so long he is our plan at qb, and if we do manage to make the playoffs somehow (by some miracle), we'll simply serve as a stepping stone for Brady or Roethlisberger or Carr.. Xavier Sua'Filo was an awful pick that should've been Derek Carr. OB's a huge prick, and he hates Rick Smith, and Bob McNair hates OB. OB treats the players like they're in college, and he's a nightmare to work with. He wants out. Hopkins is unhappy. Fuller's a bust.. and so on and so forth. People love talking [inappropriate/removed], it's America's favorite pastime.

I don't believe a word of it. I believe strongly in the way that the Texans organization is run. I don't think we've ever been as finely tuned a machine as we are right now. We head into the offseason seemingly without holes, and with an extremely competitive young core of players, none of whom will be easy to replace (or, they would be if our scouting department weren't doing better in undrafted free agency than several teams do during the draft). We're more or less prepared for every game, and.. AND, for the first time in OBs tenure (hopefully Pray ) we'll have our starting QB returning for a second consecutive season. I am very happy to have Brock signed SO INEXPENSIVELY (relative to every new starting QB contact), not only allowing us to have some additional cap flexibility that other teams don't have, but also because in the event that money is Brock's primary motivation (seems unlikely to me), then he's still got plenty to prove before he earns a big boy QB contact. He demonstrated impressive poise (@ times, especially for most of last night in my opinion), toughness, and the ability to make big-time throws in a big-time game. As Fuller, Braxton, Mumphery, Fiedo, Stephen Anderson, Akeem Hunt, etc. continue to improve, so too should Osweiler.

AND, in the event that our offense remains stagnant, we've got two very capable backups that could potentially get the job done as well. Anyone who wants to pin last night's loss entirely on our QB wasn't watching closely enough. Fuller drop (obvi) and also the Fiedo drop to get us off our goal line, FOLLOWED IMMEDIATELY by a 19 yarder to Hop. He had that big scramble. He made several nice throws. Big arm. Big guy. Young. I don't care what the media says, I see upside.

The Texans are in position to spend most of their $ in FA locking up our own guys. We're in position to truly draft BPA, maybe for the first time in our history. We'd better take the best players we can get our hands on, because this team will NOT be easy to make next season.

The best part of all is that it's built to last. We've got a constant influx of yungry talent, and a coaching staff that seems to have all of our position groups' arrows pointing upwards. That + a lil bit of continuity on offense + minimal injuries could very well = an AFC championship appearance for us in the very near future, and maybe even a championship. It ain't broke.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine how great this team would be had they taken Carr instead of XSF.

This can't possibly be an autocorrect for Asante Samuel.....
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll actually echo a bit of PATexansfan's optimism on the Texans playing a rock solid half of football against the Pats. Unfortunately, you are gargling the kool aid bongwater if you want to ignore the 2nd half and the fact it absolutely exposed the GAPING holes in this roster and the folly of this team actually winning playoff games against teams not featuring rookie QBs making their 1st career start on the road...

1) QB - I like the contrarian thinking with Osweiler and will go so far as saying that he has had more than a few quarters of competence this season and even strung a few quarters together in the playoffs, but there is absolutely no reason he would go into 2017 as our starting QB if not for $25 million reasons ensuring he's back. I fully expect a pre-season showdown with fan superhero Tom Savage if he doesn't get injured getting off the team bus. Dude is a chandelier if I ever saw one and has shown himself to bring little to the table aside from the same checkdown charlie stuff we could get from about 20 other backups that don't look like Nicolas Cage.

2) CB - If there were still 2 people left thinking Kareem Jackson isn't a pile of stinking excrement, add yet another game where the halftime strategy becomes throw to whoever Kareem is covering. Dude had 2 average seasons when Vance Joseph was coaching here, but $34 million was given to him by the one guy who didn't get the memo about this guy being an absolute game killer. What makes it even more ridiculous is that AJ Bouye gets to time up his breakout season with Free Agency and the Ossy & KJ contracts may make keeping him here tough. Personally, I'm not buying this notion of him being a top 10 CB as he's operated primarily as a man/zone hybrid covering 10-15 yards of space while Jonathan Joseph was the one actually playing true man-to-man in space, but without question the future is bright for him as long as some dumb GMs don't start going all Nnamdi Asomugha on him and pay shutdown corner price for a guy who could be exposed in another system. Kevin Johnson is just fine as a nickel zone cover corner, but if Bouye bolts, we absolutely positively need another CB who can play man. People who keep wanting to write Johnathan Joseph off at 32 might want to look up to Minny and what Terrence Newman is still doing at 38!

3) WR - Fuller is a one trick pony who can run really fast in a straight line which has proven to be good for 2 or 3 exciting incompletions per game since week 2. Dude's a rookie and will improve to have a role as guy to stretch the d and should absolutely be our primary punt returner, but the Texans need someone beyond Nuk who can actually play the NFL position of WR and ALL that entails and we DO NOT have that guy on the roster. Speaking of Nuk, we will have our hands full resigning him as he has burned 4 seasons with annual punchlines at QB and clearly lil Ricky ain't fixing it. Braxton Miller seems to have been another Rick Smith Big 10 WR waste, especially with ZERO creativity from Godsey in getting him the ball which is hilarious considering Cecil Shorts took snaps at least a dozen times in 2015 but apparently those pages of the playbook weren't worth keeping with a QB playing WR that ran an offense that went 12-0 in consecutive seasons as a freshman and sophomore.

4) ILB - The mythology of McKinney's emerging greatness sure was exposed the past 2 months of the season, huh? Dude remains an absolute liability every passing down he is on the field which is a problem when your other ILB is Cushing who is running on 30 year old knees which in steroid years is 42. Rick Smith still hasn't gotten the memo that NFL teams like to throw to TEs and RBs and you need to have someone on the roster who they can't blow past them in 3 steps.

5) S - Demps put in a passable season with a nice bonus of 6 ints, but he has been cut by 4 teams (including us) for a reason and at 32 should not be starting for a team he rode the bench for in his prime. Hal and Moore were terrible as ever on Sunday (despite getting a gift int from the ghost of Demps) and are no more starting CBs in this league than Kareem should be. Texans have had 2 safeties who would have started for other teams in Rick Smith's decade plus years here (Glover Quin & Daniel Manning), which is appropriate considering it was the position lil Rick played at Purdue since like Kubiak loves backup quality QBs Rick loves to start backups at safety.

6) RT/RG - Rick Smith choosing to "fix" what wasn't broken in C/G with Duane Brown facing a long road back from injury and Derek Newton his usual swinging gate in pass protection was amongst the most irresponsible moves this past offseason. The decision to replace borderline Pro Bowler in Brandon Brooks for Jeff Allen who could barely hold down a job because he was so mistake prone with the Chiefs better yet earning $28 million is inexplicable in any world where Rick Smith isn't the GM. At least we signed Tony Bergstrom for $6 million to play center until Martin was ready, except the Raiders apparently have an eye for talent at o-line and let him walk for a reason. Newton wasn't playing well when he was hurt with what looked to be a career-ender, but Chris Clark needs to never see a football field again. RT is priority #1!

7) RB - Perhaps the most ridiculous stat of the season outside of scoring only 25 offensive TDs is that our "Rush Power" was an unprecedented level of failure for an o-line and RBs. Texans RPwr was 33% = Percentage of rushes on 3rd or 4th down with 2 or fewer yards to go that achieved a first down or TD. Also includes rushes on 1st-and-goal and 2nd-and-goal from the opponent's 2-yard line or closer. For perspective 28 teams converted 50% or more of these opportunities and 15 66%. You know you are doing something historic when you are in Lions, Giants, Colts territory who this stat might as well be named for, but even they converted 44% or more Rush Pwr opportunities. This is why you don't waste roster space on returners like Ervin & Hunt. Texans need to finally kick fall down factory Blue to the curb and bring a "thunder" component to Miller's lightning. The amount of snaps Jonathan Grimes gets for his limited upside is ridiculous as well. The Texans ran more plays on offense than any team in the league - goodness knows how many of these drives died because we couldn't get the most important 2 yards and threw things like WR fades from the 1.

8 ) OC - The myth of "offensive guru" Bill O'Brien needs to be forever vanquished. His 3 years here have yielded seasons successfully worse than the years before and it is absolutely abundantly clear that he is over his head as an NFL tactician. This week was no different than all the rest. He has absolutely no ability to work a secondary plan when Nuk is being shadowed which has lead our QBs to force the ball to him which is where 85% of our ints happen. Running Lamar Miller inside the tackles is just an unworkable plan and the fact he still stubbornly insists on it shows that he is just following some model of coaching that does NOTHING to take advantage of players individual talents (see also finding another way to get the ball into Braxton Miller or Will Fullers hands). The dude's hyper conservative playcalling and refusal to go for it on 4th down will always be a wet blanket on this team until he fully cedes control. Kicking a 46 yarder 3 plays after Brady's 2nd int (after 2 all season) to open the 4th quarter was just the latest example of O'Brien having zero feel on how to swing momentum and seize opportunity. I would LOVE to see how many times we punted inside opponents territory the past 3 years as it has to be a record. He needs to find a competent OC and sit back and improve his horrific feel for game management. For a team can go from Rick Dennison to his clone in George Godsey is as amazing as having Head Coaches who really call plays in Kubiak & O'Brien.

So back to your point, Texansfan, the Texans DID make me proud for 1/2 of football this weekend. Unfortunately, this franchise is defined by its embracing of "moral victories" while never doing enough to build a complete roster built to achieve anything more than pacify the sheep who just sit around getting drunk in the parking lot at Texans games and complain about the QB while hanging meaningless AFC South banners and listening to idiotic Clay friggin Walker music.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: