Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No Change At Coordinators
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
Harbaugh is still a top 10 HC in this league, Pees definitely has his problems but the defense stepped up this year (Until we needed them the most, Damn you Pittsburgh) Even if harbaugh misses the playoffs, I don't think Biscotti would fire him.

The defense stepped up against poor offenses. They had a great outing vs. the Redskins, but every above average offense absolutely destroyed them. We had very few sacks, especially in key situations. We gave up leads in several games and the defense in general struggled with getting off the field.

400 yards against our defense was no hard feat for several teams.
Harding

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense is very over rated. No pass rush (part of the issue here is having scrubs like McClellan as an OLB and expecting pressure). Correa is also an outside rusher who wins with speed so having him inside does not help. I think if Correa moves outside, Smith loses 5 pounds or so that he gained this year and just focuses more on pass-rushing, alongside another off-season for Matt Judon and the addition of Kaufusi, we will see an improved pass rush next year.

It all comes down to Pees though and how he schemes things. If he schemes corners ten yards off all the time, teams just destroy us with that and expose it. May as well not even try rush the QB and just put 11 guys in a zone Rolling Eyes . We need to be more creative with our blitzes and where the pressure is coming from and who it is coming from.

If we can actually have some solid corners, I have a feeling, that will make a huge difference. Is double dipping at CB in the first 4 rounds something people would be against??

Also OleXmad, if Harbaugh fails to make playoffs again next year, I think he is 100% gone.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harding wrote:

If we can actually have some solid corners, I have a feeling, that will make a huge difference. Is double dipping at CB in the first 4 rounds something people would be against??

It's not something I'd be against, as long as they were able to address other needs as well.

I'm pretty tired of seeing guys rejected by multiple other teams coming in and getting serious playing time for the Ravens. If they're not good enough to be a backup on the 49ers or Titans, then they shouldn't be good enough for the Ravens either.

On first glance, it looks like this draft is very CB heavy, so the Ravens might get lucky (for once) and have a guy fall to them as BPA, somewhere in the first three rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: