Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the HC Hires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Sounds like first domino is going to fall with Mike Smith to JAX. Made too much sense.

Mark Dominik the former TB GM said we're done interviewing guys and we've honed on him. Said the guy had a "defensive background", and considering he's the only defensive coach we interviewed...

Hopefully he can land a solid/good OC. Great hire though, definitely fits the experience category we likely needed for any guy.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mike Smith is able to pull Ken Whisenhunt or Mike McCoy.

I'm very interested in seeing who he brings in as the DC. He gives his coordinators a lot of leeway (more of a CEO type HC).

McCoy sure. What's the appeal for Wiz to leave SD for Jacksonville in a lateral move?

San Diego is bringing in a new HC who may choose not to retain him. Jacksonville has a ton of young talent on offense.

That's fair to say. They are also basically only interviewing DC/ST coaches and I'd imagine more often than not they would want to retain Wiz. I could be off but that's my hope/assumption and Jacksonville does have young talent on offense but also Blake Bortles and that may be enough of a challenge in itself.

Yea, I didn't realize SD had made keeping Whisenhunt a big part of their HC search. Eh, not a great move imo. But Whisenhunt is a good OC.

Not really much more they can do with what they are trying to do but to try and keep some continuity. If Wiz did leave I'm not sure what the big contingency plan is.

I think you let the new HC choose his staff. IMO, that sort of move will turn off some very good coaches. They don't like having staff imposed on them. It creates a situation where there is an uncertain chain of command.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Sounds like first domino is going to fall with Mike Smith to JAX. Made too much sense.

Mark Dominik the former TB GM said we're done interviewing guys and we've honed on him. Said the guy had a "defensive background", and considering he's the only defensive coach we interviewed...

Hopefully he can land a solid/good OC. Great hire though, definitely fits the experience category we likely needed for any guy.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mike Smith is able to pull Ken Whisenhunt or Mike McCoy.

I'm very interested in seeing who he brings in as the DC. He gives his coordinators a lot of leeway (more of a CEO type HC).

McCoy sure. What's the appeal for Wiz to leave SD for Jacksonville in a lateral move?

San Diego is bringing in a new HC who may choose not to retain him. Jacksonville has a ton of young talent on offense.

That's fair to say. They are also basically only interviewing DC/ST coaches and I'd imagine more often than not they would want to retain Wiz. I could be off but that's my hope/assumption and Jacksonville does have young talent on offense but also Blake Bortles and that may be enough of a challenge in itself.

Yea, I didn't realize SD had made keeping Whisenhunt a big part of their HC search. Eh, not a great move imo. But Whisenhunt is a good OC.

Not really much more they can do with what they are trying to do but to try and keep some continuity. If Wiz did leave I'm not sure what the big contingency plan is.

I think you let the new HC choose his staff. IMO, that sort of move will turn off some very good coaches. They don't like having staff imposed on them. It creates a situation where there is an uncertain chain of command.

Yea that is something I can't really disagree with. Wiz has done a good enough job in both stints that I don't think he deserves to lose his job but yes I would ultimately concede all staff decisions on the new guy for better or worse I guess I'd rather he want to keep wiz around than forced to do so.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
Yea that is something I can't really disagree with. Wiz has done a good enough job in both stints that I don't think he deserves to lose his job but yes I would ultimately concede all staff decisions on the new guy for better or worse I guess I'd rather he want to keep wiz around than forced to do so.

Agreed. Because now you have uncertainty as to who Whisenhunt answers to in the chain of command. If the new HC has no power over his job, how can the new HC give him orders?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Only way it makes sense is if you have a defensive guy as a head coach. So like Patricia or Joseph would make sense. McDaniels wouldn't. I also wouldn't go with a veteran like Coughlin, not saying he or any of these guys would want the job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

I don't know where this is coming from. Everything I've read states that they are not imposing any of the staff on the new head coach.
Pagano and Whiz, as well as the rest of the remaining staff, are all under contract currently. If the new Head Coach does not want them for good reasons, then they will no longer be there.

I'm sure one of the hiring requirements is to list who you want as your staff three or four deep (in case they can't get their first choice), and your explanations for why that staff member will play a vital role on this team.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bills:Anthony Lynn
Broncos:Vance Joseph
Jaguars:Doug Marronne
Rams:Matt Patricia
49ers:Josh McDaniels
Chargers:Dave Toub

1 for 1

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to think McDermott is gonna be named Bills HC today or tomorrow

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Only way it makes sense is if you have a defensive guy as a head coach. So like Patricia or Joseph would make sense. McDaniels wouldn't. I also wouldn't go with a veteran like Coughlin, not saying he or any of these guys would want the job.

I am not sure Patricia, who came up under the same Bill Belichick who interviews assistant position coaches personally, would be super comfortable with having a staff imposed upon him. Then again, he is his own person, so may be he would be ok with it.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Bills: McDermott
Broncos: Shanahan
Jaguars: Smith
Rams: McDaniels
Chargers: Patricia
49ers: Joseph

One of two right so far

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos: Vance Joseph
Rams: Mike Vrabel
49ers: Josh McDaniels
Chargers: Mike Smith

I would have thought Anthony Lynn would be Bills HC and I thought Mike Smith was going to the Jaguars.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like to be shaping up as:

Jaguars: Doug Marrone (already filled)
Broncos: Vance Joseph
Bills: Sean McDermott
Rams: Sean McVay
49ers: Josh McDaniels
Chargers: ...
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
I am not sure Patricia, who came up under the same Bill Belichick who interviews assistant position coaches personally, would be super comfortable with having a staff imposed upon him. Then again, he is his own person, so may be he would be ok with it.

In most cases I'd agree with you about him being apprehensive, but in this particular case you're talking about a staff that already implements the same Erhardt-Perkins scheme (and thereby terminology) and which has at least one former Belichick assistant (Jeff Davidson) on it already, as well as several assistants who have worked under Belichick/Parcells tree guys before.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
Bills: McDermott
Broncos: Shanahan
Jaguars: Smith
Rams: McDaniels
Chargers: Patricia
49ers: Joseph

One of two right so far

One of four. This is why I don't gamble. Still got Rams and Chargers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
49ers are garbage, but he'd get to choose his own QB. I think he'd be better off with LA because Goff still has time to fix his issues. I don't know how you fix what's wrong with BB.

They may have been garbage, but right now they're the second closest thing in the NFL to a blank canvas to craft a team and Baalke is gone.

They've also gotten rid of three coaches in the past three years. Is that the sort of organization you want to start with a blank canvas on?

Yeah, this. I'd imagine we hire someone that sucks, my guess is Tom Cable

Quote:
Ann Killion ‏@annkillion 56m56 minutes ago
Oh God. Insiders say 49ers like Cable. That can't be true, can it?

This wasn't that hard to see coming Laughing

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Crickett wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
49ers are garbage, but he'd get to choose his own QB. I think he'd be better off with LA because Goff still has time to fix his issues. I don't know how you fix what's wrong with BB.

They may have been garbage, but right now they're the second closest thing in the NFL to a blank canvas to craft a team and Baalke is gone.

They've also gotten rid of three coaches in the past three years. Is that the sort of organization you want to start with a blank canvas on?

Yeah, this. I'd imagine we hire someone that sucks, my guess is Tom Cable

Quote:
Ann Killion ‏@annkillion 56m56 minutes ago
Oh God. Insiders say 49ers like Cable. That can't be true, can it?

This wasn't that hard to see coming Laughing

Laughing I can't wait to see your posts when he's actually hired.

Don't worry, buddy, pitchers and catchers report in like a month. I'll see you in the SF Giants thread Laughing

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: