Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 RB Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Mixon is Fred Taylor.

Leader of these Bandwagons: Derrius Guice, Kalen Ballage, Jordan Villamin, Simmie Cobbs, Cam Akers, Elijah Holyfield
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:

You're back. Welcome back

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
LuckIsGOAT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
LuckIsGOAT wrote:
He's a rich mans James Stark not a rich mans Arian Foster. The reason I'm hesitant to just comp him to Foster is because Foster specializes in the zone runs that Kubiak used. Stanford rarely used those plays

As a Packers fan, I'm not sure you've ever watched James Starks if you're comparing Christian McCaffrey to him.

I don't know what you're talking about. Starks and CMac have very similar running style(good pass catchers) and similar body types
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
aburre21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
As far as Mixon goes...really? Rehabilitated himself? Taken responsibility? How else would someone respond to the video coming out?

"Yeah, fam, I popped dat hoe, naw mean?"

Obviously he took responsibility for it. What else was there to do at that point?

The thing is before the video came out he didn't exactly handle it how you would like to see.

Here is a transcript from when he was required to talk to the media before the Orange Bowl in late 2015.

On Tuesday, reporters went round and round with Mixon, who was obligated by the Orange Bowl to attend the media session.

Quote:
Are you sorry about what happened?

Mixon: “I won’t answer that.”

Do you have any regrets at all about anything?

Mixon: "No."

What did you learn about yourself during your one-year suspension?

Mixon: “What do you mean what did I learn?” (This was followed by Oklahoma spokesman Mike Houck, seated next to Mixon and chiming in periodically, reiterating that Mixon only wants to answer football-related questions.)

Did the one-year suspension change you?
Mixon: “I don’t think it changed who I am, but it definitely made me a stronger person.”

Saying "no" to the question about having regrets is the part that really doesn't sit well with me. He could've just said that he won't answer non-football related questions. The correct answer should be "yes" if you are going to speak on it. Mixon during his press conference after the video was leaked basically flat out said that he essentially had regrets, because he realized how if he didn't act that way, then things would go south for his career.

The part that disturbed me the most is when at that media session Mixon basically smirked as the media asked him about the assault and finished by smiling and saying "I'm only taking football questions."

Here is the video for those interested

Even despite how disgusting his attitude was back then towards what he did. I probably would still say he deserves a second chance.

In most cases I believe in second chances and try to see the good in someone. I really hope that he has changed a whole lot from then to now. Actions speak louder than words. We shall see.

need a second chance for what? Dude is completely innocent and should not have been charged. He had every right to defend himself. White america is only outraged because it is a black athlete and they are doing their usual character assassination of a famous black male.

Look up Emily Rand. A white male punched her and put her into a coma. The police refused to charge him because it was self-defense. It's no different from the Mixon situation except the authorities were anxious to charge him.

It's on video and everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWiudxhirRE

I would take Mixon in the first round. Mixon is better than any back not named Cook or Fournette.
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
VanS wrote:
There are plenty of successful NFL RBs that are not home run threats. Kamara may not have long range speed to bust the long TD run. He does however have elite acceleration to get to his top end speed in a hurry. And that is a more important attribute when evaluating an NFL RB than top end speed. Acceleration through the hole as well vision are the #1 attributes a RB needs to be successful in the NFL.

Nobody is denying players like Kamara have success. I think everyone here likes him. But when you're drafting a WR/RB in the first round you typically want a greater package of skills in a bigger body. That's why you're on an island with your opinion.

I'm not on an island by myself. Mike Mayock thinks he's a first round talent. Or at the very least should be in the conversation. And I don't know if you follow WalterFootball.com but a few months ago they mocked Kamara as a late first rounder because they heard some intel that teams value him that highly.

I have no idea if Kamara ultimately sneaks into the first round. I'm just stating my opinion that he's a first rounder in my book. And I see a player with more value than any other RB in this draft. I think he can develop into a 1,000 yard rusher and 500 yard receiver on consistent basis. That sort of production is worthy of first round consideration.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
I don't know if you follow WalterFootball.com but a few months ago they mocked Kamara as a late first rounder because they heard some intel that teams value him that highly.

Ah, we found the problem right here. They change up their thoughts on players and rankings as much as Matt Miller.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:

That's a really good comp.

Here are my top 5 RBs as of right now:

1. Alvin Kamara
2. Joe Mixon
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Dalvin Cook
reamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

1. Alvin Kamara
2. Joe Mixon
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Dalvin Cook

Shocked

I have no problem with claiming that Kamara is underrated and could sneak into the first round. I like that kind of bold opinion. But the BEST running back in this class? That's a bit too much, don't you think?
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
VanS wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

1. Alvin Kamara
2. Joe Mixon
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Dalvin Cook

Shocked

I have no problem with claiming that Kamara is underrated and could sneak into the first round. I like that kind of bold opinion. But the BEST running back in this class? That's a bit too much, don't you think?

Yes, way too high. The kid won't weight in at 195 in all likely and isn't as fast or fluid as Cook in my opinion.

I like Kamara to someone in the 3rd round or later, but I don't see him as anywhere close to the best. I personally don't have him Top 5.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
reamer wrote:
VanS wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

1. Alvin Kamara
2. Joe Mixon
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Dalvin Cook

Shocked

Yes, way too high. The kid won't weight in at 195 in all likely and isn't as fast or fluid as Cook in my opinion.

I like Kamara to someone in the 3rd round or later, but I don't see him as anywhere close to the best. I personally don't have him Top 5.

He'll weigh in at least 210 lbs. Plus he's got very thick thighs and legs. Very solid build. Also very good lower body explosion. Might not have elite long range speed. But his initial burst and acceleration through the hole is as good as it gets. Also has elite balance to break arm tackles. Phenomenal pass catcher with a great feel of finding ways to slip out of tackles to get those extra one or two yards to get a first down.

There are better downhill I-formation RBs. There are better spread receiving RBs. But I think he's the best combination in this class of an inside runner with speed to hit the edge as well as being a threat in the pass game as a receiver. He's the closest player I've seen to Marshall Faulk. Not saying he'll be as good as Marshall. Just that like Kobe Bryant is the closest in style to Michael Jordan even though he wasn't as good. Alvin Kamara is the closest in style to Marshall Faulk even if he doesn't turn out to be just as good.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
reamer wrote:
VanS wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:

1. Alvin Kamara
2. Joe Mixon
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Dalvin Cook

Shocked

Seems like kind of an "I want to stand out" statement. I like Kamara, but not over Fournette or Cook, like almost everyone else.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aburre21 wrote:

need a second chance for what? Dude is completely innocent and should not have been charged. He had every right to defend himself. White america is only outraged because it is a black athlete and they are doing their usual character assassination of a famous black male.

Look up Emily Rand. A white male punched her and put her into a coma. The police refused to charge him because it was self-defense. It's no different from the Mixon situation except the authorities were anxious to charge him.

It's on video and everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWiudxhirRE

I would take Mixon in the first round. Mixon is better than any back not named Cook or Fournette.

you = Crying or Very sad

Mixon = Evil or Very Mad

Of course you'd take him in the 1st round. Let's see what smart people do in April (undrafted).
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And are you saying that if the dude that punched this Emily Rand girl was Christian McCaffrey, "white America" would think it was ok? You think "white America" believes it's okay that this happened to this girl?

My lord...
aburre21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
And are you saying that if the dude that punched this Emily Rand girl was Christian McCaffrey, "white America" would think it was ok? You think "white America" believes it's okay that this happened to this girl?

My lord...

the white police believe it is ok...[/u]
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aburre21 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

My lord...

the white police believe it is ok...[/u]

Ok I'm done engaging this dude. Can we please boot him off the forum? I've seen like 5-6 posts from this dude that have had to do with race. I'm sorry for even getting sucked into it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 6 of 32

Jump to: