Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will be offensive + defensive coordinators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
Sort of off topic, if McCoy is indeed our new OC, what is the likely hood a guy like mccaffrey becomes a possibility to fulfill the role of 3rd down/pass catching back like woodhead was used in SD.

Give up the McCaffrey dream. We need oline, oline, and more oline

I actually could careless about Christian mccaffrey, and have stated multiple times in other threads that OL is the biggest priority. I was merely saying what "if".. we could def use that sort of back especially if we are moving away from wco.

Yeah we can forget about Christian McCaffery. The conservative, vanilla, Fox Ball style offense McCoy will be installing here doesn't make use of dynamic talents like his. Hell I don't think McCoy has the offensive acumen to even figure out how to use a player like McCaffery.

I think McCoy did a great job in Chargers...it never seemed like an easy win for anyone playing the Chargers.

Last edited by jsthomp2007 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
Sort of off topic, if McCoy is indeed our new OC, what is the likely hood a guy like mccaffrey becomes a possibility to fulfill the role of 3rd down/pass catching back like woodhead was used in SD.

I actually could careless about Christian mccaffrey, and have stated multiple times in other threads that OL is the biggest priority. I was merely saying what "if".. we could def use that sort of back especially if we are moving away from wco.

I'd imagine the choice of offense would be Elways, not Vance's or McCoys.

McCoy could coach a lot of schemes. He did start his NFL coaching career working for George Seifert for two years so he'd be up to speed on the WCO.

He's really quite flexible in that aspect. Similar to Wade, he seems to adapt his offense to highlight it's personnel. Probably a trait he picked up from Seifert. He got more out of Orton than anyone ever did, revamped the offense to adapt to Tebow, then one more change to PM.

Anyway, I'd think it's quite premature to project our offensive scheme. BB raised the same question. E-P, WCO, etc. whatever the choice he can do that. He's coaxed good football out of a variety of QB's, something we can use here.
broncs4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vance Joseph is a rokkie HC. He wants to give the OC job to the best OC veteran available and this is McCoy. Relax people. It's a normal move. Let theses people a chance before criticizing.

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the incredible sig!!
Von Miller 2011 DROY and SB50 MVP!!!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

I'd imagine the choice of offense would be Elways, not Vance's or McCoys.

McCoy could coach a lot of schemes. He did start his NFL coaching career working for George Seifert for two years so he'd be up to speed on the WCO.

He's really quite flexible in that aspect. Similar to Wade, he seems to adapt his offense to highlight it's personnel. Probably a trait he picked up from Seifert. He got more out of Orton than anyone ever did, revamped the offense to adapt to Tebow, then one more change to PM.

Anyway, I'd think it's quite premature to project our offensive scheme. BB raised the same question. E-P, WCO, etc. whatever the choice he can do that. He's coaxed good football out of a variety of QB's, something we can use here.

You do make a good point that Elway could dictate which offense we ultimately run and that McCoy is good at adapting to personnel. I still think he'd probably have some sort of wrinkles of what worked in SD which were rubs, digs, picks, etc. I'm a fan of McCoy, I've watched every charger game he's coached and never seen too much of a problem with the offense they ran. It's not coincidence rivers play was resurrected when he became their HC (last year was a bad year with again all those injuries and team gave up), I mentioned this in one of our other threads, highlighting the difference he made. I think ppl are confusing McCoy as the OC and McCoy as the HC. Whiz certainly doesn't deserve credit to rivers resurrection, he left and as horrid as Reich is, that offense still flourishes which made me think McCoy had a lot of say.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs4life wrote:
Vance Joseph is a rokkie HC. He wants to give the OC job to the best OC veteran available and this is McCoy. Relax people. It's a normal move. Let theses people a chance before criticizing.

By multiple sources Joseph wanted to hire the Oak QB coach and that's why Oak didn't renew Musgrave's contract, to keep the QB coach as their OC. So using a preference to take the most experienced OC doesn't really fly.

I agree we should wait to see who his coaching staff is before criticizing or praising the decisions. But let's be consistent and rational in using arguments. People can't point to "most experience" and "safe" as good reasoning if Vance'sfirst choice for OC was to go in a completely new direction than most experienced or safe.

No matter who gets chosen as OC I hope Barone is a goner. Any scenario where we keep him automatically downgrades the choice, any scenario with Barone replaced upgrades that decision. Barone had shown no ability to develop OL except Paradis. No brainer replacement decision.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm currently in DC for the week and local sports talk is talking about who McVey will take with him, and it sounds like a foregone conclusion that Wes Phillips is going to LA with him. The thinking here is that Wade is trying to get the family together (his daughter lives in LA) for the last couple of years of his career. Doesn't sound like someone getting pushed out to me, sounds like VJ is trying to keep the staff together as much as possible by promoting Joe Woods.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Barone kept on. As TE coach. He coached up Gates and JT.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want VJ to keep Knapp as QB coach, but bring in both McCoy and Musgrave so that if McCoy becomes a HC again in the foreseeable future, Musgrave can step in right away. Musgrave seems like a coordinator/position coach lifer.

Someone needs to assume the 'offensive quality control' titel here to make it work. Laughing
champ11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't seen any names besides McCoy and Musgrave lol.

The one thing about McCoy is he will probably bolt for another HC gig if/when he gets a chance. Don't think Musgrave will get that opportunity.

team rammy

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:

Probably because McCoy got the job last night, Duce.
champ11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
champ11 wrote:

I mean throughout the whole process. As in who would a better alternative be

team rammy

KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't the staff been assembled yet. Isn't that the big draw of not waiting for a coach deep into the playoffs. To be able to fill the staff now?

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Why hasn't the staff been assembled yet. Isn't that the big draw of not waiting for a coach deep into the playoffs. To be able to fill the staff now?
It hasn't even been 24 hours Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
champ11 wrote:

I thought that both were supposed to get a chance to interview today.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:

Seriously? Dude it doesn't all happen at the drop of a hat.

For one, the majority of Denver's coaches are under contract. I expect most of the defensive coaches to stay. Offensively, I would think only the TE/OL/OC are going to be the ones to leave.

McCoy is likely OC, I saw Jeremiah Washburn is likely OL coach. Nothing rumored for TE coach.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: