FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Bring on the Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Ahhhhh,......no!!! To "return" the favor chances one of our own getting ejected in a game where we need everybody on deck and on the same page. How bout this: Do a good job of protection, and let Alex do what Alex does...WIN!!

Getting bogged down in all the fringe conversations simply detracts from true, good preparation. Smack talk like that is for the parking lot idiots with too many "whore" moans running amck. That doesn't win games. Seeing the game with a good clear mind and clear eyes will get us a win.

Right on Jimmy! Always like reading your take on things sir.

I get where y'all are coming from but its a slippery slope and just not what we're about. Chiefs need to focus on the task at hand.

I'm feeling more confident now that we're getting some guys back, the game is home and I have to think the guys want some revenge from Week 4. We'll be alright boys.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
valkrei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
jimmydee1 wrote:
Ahhhhh,......no!!! To "return" the favor chances one of our own getting ejected in a game where we need everybody on deck and on the same page. How bout this: Do a good job of protection, and let Alex do what Alex does...WIN!!

Getting bogged down in all the fringe conversations simply detracts from true, good preparation. Smack talk like that is for the parking lot idiots with too many "whore" moans running amck. That doesn't win games. Seeing the game with a good clear mind and clear eyes will get us a win.

Right on Jimmy! Always like reading your take on things sir.

I get where y'all are coming from but its a slippery slope and just not what we're about. Chiefs need to focus on the task at hand.

I'm feeling more confident now that we're getting some guys back, the game is home and I have to think the guys want some revenge from Week 4. We'll be alright boys.

Just like the Ben in a boot story. FORGET THAT CRAP! Prepare for Battle!
This is Arrowhead! The Stealers looking for tickets to the next game? Molon Labe!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
r3Lic72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
Not only does the Dolphins nearly lose the QB for the game after Bud Dupree's blatant targeting hit, now the NFL wants to maybe punish the Dolphins some more?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000772120/article/nfl-to-review-concussion-protocol-on-matt-moore-hit
This is sickening IMO. It's a playoff game and Dupree gets a "free ticket" (measly 15yd penalty? whaaaa?) to knock out the opponents QB.

Ooops, no NFL directive to protect QB's here. Let's face it, it's open season on playoff QB's now. Pittsburgh made it clear - they're coming for Alex Smith. I expect the Steelers to blatantly try to knock Alex out of the game Sunday.

Then the Chiefs better return the favor and take out Ben. I hate it when teams don't retaliate to blatant hits like that. The Dolphins should have knocked out Ben once the game was out of reach. The blatant hit on Moore and Ben still being out there when the game was pretty much over was a perfect opportunity for Miami to retaliate.

The players shouldn't take Ben out of the game. The fans should. We need every single person in attendance to be up on their feet screaming bloody murder every second the Steelers are on offense. Make it impossible to call checks at the line, multiple false starts, ect. Arrowhead Pride ran a story about Kyle Brandt calling the Arrowhead advantage a "myth". If that doesn't [inappropriate/removed] you off, dont go to the game, but if you're like me it gives me fuel to blow out my vocal cords.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Not only does the Dolphins nearly lose the QB for the game after Bud Dupree's blatant targeting hit, now the NFL wants to maybe punish the Dolphins some more?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000772120/article/nfl-to-review-concussion-protocol-on-matt-moore-hit
This is sickening IMO. It's a playoff game and Dupree gets a "free ticket" (measly 15yd penalty? whaaaa?) to knock out the opponents QB.

Ooops, no NFL directive to protect QB's here. Let's face it, it's open season on playoff QB's now. Pittsburgh made it clear - they're coming for Alex Smith. I expect the Steelers to blatantly try to knock Alex out of the game Sunday.

I would suggest you go read the rules around unnecessary roughness and roughing the passer, as those are the only potential protections for the player in this scenario. Moore was considered a defenseless player because he was in the act of throwing when he was hit. He also ironically was protected by roughing the passer because he was in the act of throwing (got love redundant rules), but only because he was throwing and since he had escaped the pocket he lost protection around things like going for the knees. Both say that the penalty is 15 yards, and a player could be ejected if it was deemed flagrant. While the hit was vicious and illegal because he was in the act of throwing, it was not flagrant in my mind specifically because he had escaped the pocket. The NFL rules also support that, because most of a QBs protections go away when he leaves the pocket.

FYI, "targeting" is an NCAA rule, and not relevant to the NFL.

^ryknowssd on the sig
the bell ringer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Then the Chiefs better return the favor and take out Ben. I hate it when teams don't retaliate to blatant hits like that. The Dolphins should have knocked out Ben once the game was out of reach. The blatant hit on Moore and Ben still being out there when the game was pretty much over was a perfect opportunity for Miami to retaliate.

That hit was not in any way Illegal. And Matt Moore was NOT a QB on that play cause once a QB goes anywhere outside the hashes..he becomes a RB. The hit was Intense yes...but in no way Illegal. Dupree did not launch himself, or did he lead with his helmet. The BARELY braising of Moore's Jaw was because right before Dupree hit him...Moore dipped down a little. So get over yourselves already. The Hit was a good CLEAN play.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it was illegal b/c he went at the head and neck area of the QB. It wasn't nearly quite so horrid as mayan makes it out to be for some reason. I don't think they were "sending any message" or that nonsense.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
yes, it was illegal b/c he went at the head and neck area of the QB. It wasn't nearly quite so horrid as mayan makes it out to be for some reason. I don't think they were "sending any message" or that nonsense.

I found it in slow mo, I have my doubts this is a legal hit. I also cannot say his intentions were malicious either but maybe just a dumb play. The hit basically was a helmet to chin upwards into the helm. I would still call it a helmet to helmet hit because the player put his head down on the play rather than what the NFL now teaches, Heads up football. I would also say because of the throwing motion, the player should have recognized he was throwing and did something else.

This is where people are going to call the hit malicious, most players would have put there hands up to deflect pass or push him out. Every hit doesn't have to be GIF on you tube. Player should have been ejected, I expect heavy fines.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching hits in slo mo and determining intent just makes me laugh. He went high he got and deserved and flag. Not sure it's a finable hit. It just looked worse cause Moore was rolling and Bud was coming at a million miles an hour

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
watching hits in slo mo and determining intent just makes me laugh. He went high he got and deserved and flag. Not sure it's a finable hit. It just looked worse cause Moore was rolling and Bud was coming at a million miles an hour

Yup. The size and speed difference in the players plus slo mo makes it look horrific. When really it was just an incidentally illegal hit. Unless it's a serious trend (Burfict, Merriweather, etc.) judging intent on helmet to helmet hits is a slippery slope IMO. I don't like assuming intent on plays that occur within the whistle on players who had reason to come into contact.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Eric-Berry-is-Making-the-Chiefs-Believe-and-Hes-Probably-Why-You-Should-Too/d2a1664c-00dc-4e60-9713-77a027a45000

Just gotta love this guy. He's the heart of this D and it all is gonna start and end with him. Big ups to EB. Clark/Dorsey hand this man a blank check please.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Eric-Berry-is-Making-the-Chiefs-Believe-and-Hes-Probably-Why-You-Should-Too/d2a1664c-00dc-4e60-9713-77a027a45000

Just gotta love this guy. He's the heart of this D and it all is gonna start and end with him. Big ups to EB. Clark/Dorsey hand this man a blank check please.

They might literally have a riot on their hands if they do not resign that man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:

They might literally have a riot on their hands if they do not resign that man.

He's as close to the heart and soul to this team as I've ever seen. The way these guys rally for him...it's special. It's almost Ray Lewis like

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't fathom why we didn't pay him last offseason

"Survived cancer, made an all-pro, key reason this team had a huge winning streak. Nah he's a safety not worth the scratch."

Was Dorsey taking crazy pills or something?
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they offered him the biggest S deal ever and he still turned it down

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I think they offered him the biggest S deal ever and he still turned it down
yeah but with the new CBA every deal for an elite player is going to be the "biggest ever"

Iirc it came down to guaranteed money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: