Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
Probably not the best place to post this but oh well.

What do people think about bringing Britt back on a 3-year deal? He's only missed one game over the past three seasons so it looks like he is finally staying healthy. The guy put up 1,000 yards being thrown a ball from Keenum/Goff. From everything I've seen he has matured and hasn't had any off-field issues at all.

I was thinking front load something maybe 3 yrs 21 million including a 3 mil signing bonus. Maybe add an incentive or two in, guarantee it up front so we can cut him next year if it doesn't work out.

He wouldn't be a #1 here but him and Rishard would be a great 2A, 2B combo I think.

I'm actually for it. This is an entirely different organization from the one he left, even down to ownership. He looks to have matured off the field. And he's finally living up to it on the field. He'll probably cost more than 3/21 mill and he will definitely get more than 3 mil in signing bonus

I still think he has some knucklehead in him. That whole crash during training camp was stupid.

With that said, I'm open to a Britt return. I think he fits what we about, scheme wise. It'd be interesting if he was interested in coming back.

Regardless of the money, he would be much cheaper than either Jeffrey or Pryor. If he could put up 800-900 yards alongside Matthews and Walker that would be absolutely huge for us.

Signing Britt and Berry (if he hits FA) would open up all sorts of options for us in the draft. Imagine adding Berry, Foster and Lattimore to the D in one offseason... Twisted Evil
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the quality CBs, how would everyone rank them at this point? I'm sure this has been asked before.

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aradarius Stewart from Alabama just declared.

A NFL writer said he is his third ranked WR.
Looking him up. I can see why. I'm very intrigued by him. He had speed for days!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
With all the quality CBs, how would everyone rank them at this point? I'm sure this has been asked before.

1.) Marshon Lattimore, OSU
2.) Marlon Humphrey, Bama(Hasn't declared yet)
3.) Quincy Wilson, UF
4.) Adoree Jackson, USC
5.) Teez Tabor, UF
6.) Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson
7.) Sidney Jones, UW
8.) Desmond King, Iowa
9.) Gareon Conley, OSU
10.) Jourdan Lewis, Michigan

That's my top 10 right now

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

3.) Quincy Wilson, UF
4.) Adoree Jackson, USC
5.) Teez Tabor, UF
7.) Sidney Jones, UW
8.) Desmond King, Iowa
9.) Jourdan Lewis, Michigan
10.) Corn Elder, Miami

Quincy Wilson is intriguing. He has the prototypical size you want in a CB, at 6'1", 213. He's physical and has pretty good coverage skills. Yet, for someone his size and physically, his run support left me wanting more(the Bama game specifically).

Honestly though (not saying he's going to be as good), he reminds me of Jalen Ramsey.

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

3.) Quincy Wilson, UF
4.) Adoree Jackson, USC
5.) Teez Tabor, UF
7.) Sidney Jones, UW
8.) Desmond King, Iowa
9.) Jourdan Lewis, Michigan
10.) Corn Elder, Miami

I'll bite.

1. Marshon Lattimore, OSU
2. Sidney Jones, Washington
3. Quincy Wilson, Florida
4. Teez Tabor, Florida
5. Codrea Tankersley, Clemson
6. Marlon Humphrey, Alabama
7. Desmond King, Iowa
8. Jourdan Lewis, Michigan
9. Adoree Jackson, USC
10. Gareon Conley, OSU

Honorable mentions
Corn Elder, Miami
Cam Sutton, Tennessee
Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado
Kevin King, Washington
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, that just highlights how insanely deep this CB class is. some of those guys at 9 and 10 would be surefire first-rounders in other years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshon looks so good. Watched like 3 cut ups of his game and they barely even tested him because he was blanketing his guy.

He might get some top 5 consideration.

He looks good.
ironlion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
Probably not the best place to post this but oh well.

What do people think about bringing Britt back on a 3-year deal? He's only missed one game over the past three seasons so it looks like he is finally staying healthy. The guy put up 1,000 yards being thrown a ball from Keenum/Goff. From everything I've seen he has matured and hasn't had any off-field issues at all.

I was thinking front load something maybe 3 yrs 21 million including a 3 mil signing bonus. Maybe add an incentive or two in, guarantee it up front so we can cut him next year if it doesn't work out.

He wouldn't be a #1 here but him and Rishard would be a great 2A, 2B combo I think.

I'm actually for it. This is an entirely different organization from the one he left, even down to ownership. He looks to have matured off the field. And he's finally living up to it on the field. He'll probably cost more than 3/21 mill and he will definitely get more than 3 mil in signing bonus

I still think he has some knucklehead in him. That whole crash during training camp was stupid.

With that said, I'm open to a Britt return. I think he fits what we about, scheme wise. It'd be interesting if he was interested in coming back.

Regardless of the money, he would be much cheaper than either Jeffrey or Pryor. If he could put up 800-900 yards alongside Matthews and Walker that would be absolutely huge for us.

Signing Britt and Berry (if he hits FA) would open up all sorts of options for us in the draft. Imagine adding Berry, Foster and Lattimore to the D in one offseason... Twisted Evil

I feel like J rob will address every need in a big or small way then just have the ability to go BPA.

Realistically with all the cash and 2 first round picks this offseason could set us up for years to come. I think we go top heavy and sign the best safety and CB(berry and trumaine).Then add a wr like Britt or stills. We'd still have tons of money saved and be in a great spot to draft. Ideally we turn this 5th pick into a 1st and 2nd this year and a first next year. The first overall pick that just keeps on giving Smile

Sign some great players, trade back a bunch, get more picks for next year, and draft a bunch of studs to finnally finish off the back half of our roster. JRob calls draft picks currency and I truly believe he'll get a ton of picks for the 5th pick.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Marshon looks so good. Watched like 3 cut ups of his game and they barely even tested him because he was blanketing his guy.

He might get some top 5 consideration.

He looks good.

Yea the 3 games against PSU, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma were things of beauties. Only gave up like 3 catches between all 3 and 1 he tripped and the other was a miscommunication with the LB/S on who to cover the TE against Wisconsin. True shut-down CB. I really want to see the cut-ups against Michigan and Clemson.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Butter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any interest in trading up for the #2 and Antoine Bethea?
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking CBs, a few of you UofTen guys were calling Sutton the best CB prior to the season. Obviously, he had the injury... but that was early on. HE should be recovered by the start of camps. He supposedly went back for his senior year cuz he received a 3rd round grade last offseason from the Draft Board Committee. His injury/lack of play, couldn't have helped. Is he someone that could slip to the end of the 3rd round? Does his size relegate him to NB status in the NFL?

Another guy I'm interested in the 3rd round is Kazee from SD St... guy had 15 interceptions over the past 2 season.... and is an aggressive player, both vs the pass and the run. He returned for his senior year after receiving a 4th round estimate by the Draft Board (even after 8 ints and a conference DPOY award). He won the award once again this year, and followed up the 8 ints from '15 with 7 in '16. Like Sutton, he may be destined for slot work at this level, but he could be a good target if we double dip in the draft at CB.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Isiah Ford on day 2. Would be a good option if we go all defense in the first round. I really hope we manage a trade back for a 2nd round pick or more. If I were to piggyback off of some of the popular players in this forum I think we could really fill a ton of holes....

1. Reuben Foster - ILB
1. Marshon Lattimore - CB
2. Budda Baker - S
3. Isiah Ford - WR
3. Cameron Sutton - CB
4. Gerald Everett - TE

Next year a pass rusher with a ton of burst and OL depth and hello Super Bowl.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a really good year to have multiple picks.

I think Robinson will find a way to acquire more picks, because there are some really good players all up and down the draft, not just at the top.

I mean you could be drafting at the bottom of the first or middle of second and still get a high quality starting safety or corner.

You could be drafting in the 3rd round and still get a starting WR or TE.
I could list at least 6 CBs' I'd be totally happy with drafting and starting day one.

1. Marshon Lattimore
2. Cam Sutton
3. Sidney Jones
4. Jourdan Lewis
5. Corn Elder
6. Desmond King
7. Adoree Jackson
8. Quincy Wilson

WRs:
Mike Williams
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Corey Davis
Atravis Scott
ArDarius Stewart
Isaiah Ford
John Ross

It's a good year to need at those spots.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Marlon Humphrey is officially in. This CB class is stacked. Best in years. And t

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100

Jump to: