You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread: Senior Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Forge Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Just checked the FA this year at FB and Kuhn, Develin, DiMarco, Line and Juszyzck are all FAs, so I'd much rather give one of them a bigger contract than what they'd get with their team and bring them here than use a draft pick on one.

As far as why FBs Forge? Because I'm going off the likelihood that both of our HC candidates have shown repeatedly at different stops that they value and use a FB in their offense. And I assume that even though their title goes from OC to HC they will still be running the show on that side of the ball. I think while Shannahan was the Browns OC they drafted a FB, then at Atlanta DiMarco really showed up strong. With McDaniels they had bigger RBs they used as FBs and FBs on their roster as well and while in NE he's had Develin the past couple years.

All that to me is evidence that we will be adding a FB to our roster for next year.

I wasn't asking why you were asking, i was asking why it was still a position Laughing

But i would agree that i would prefer to sign one, not draft one, if it's something new coach wants to implement

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post. Ugh. Stupid phone

Last edited by Forge on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Forge Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
Just checked the FA this year at FB and Kuhn, Develin, DiMarco, Line and Juszyzck are all FAs, so I'd much rather give one of them a bigger contract than what they'd get with their team and bring them here than use a draft pick on one.

As far as why FBs Forge? Because I'm going off the likelihood that both of our HC candidates have shown repeatedly at different stops that they value and use a FB in their offense. And I assume that even though their title goes from OC to HC they will still be running the show on that side of the ball. I think while Shannahan was the Browns OC they drafted a FB, then at Atlanta DiMarco really showed up strong. With McDaniels they had bigger RBs they used as FBs and FBs on their roster as well and while in NE he's had Develin the past couple years.

All that to me is evidence that we will be adding a FB to our roster for next year.

I wasn't asking why you were asking, i was asking why it was still a position Laughing

But i would agree that i would prefer to sign one, not draft one, if it's something new coach wants to implement

Oh gotcha haha, yea I'm just following the dotted lines here and I see a FB in our offensive scheme regardless of the selection of HC. Shoot even McVay runs a WCO which employs a FB as well.

I do agree that HB seems a little more versatile but that's why I like Sam Rogers so much, touched the ball a lot at VT and was pretty effective from all over the field as they lined him up in the backfield, split out and on the wing.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like fullbacks, but not the one-dimensional ones. I like versatility in every player on the team. A corner who can play safety? Yes, please. A DL who can play inside or out, a back-up OL who can play multiple positions, a TE who can flex out, another TE who can play the H-back role. If we add a FB to the roster, he has to be able to come out of the backfield and catch a pass, he has to understand angles when blocking (moreso than being overpowering). As a TE, that was the underrated part of Delanie Walker's game. He never had the size to be an overpowering blocker, but he was angle-smart and could do little things that made huge differences. That's the kind of player I like to have at FB. I really liked Bruce, before he went totally insane. He had great physicality, solid athleticism, could catch passes, was a smart lead blocker and had aggression (I mean, on the field as well).

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Josh Allen is going back to Wyoming per bleacher report. It's the right move to make long term. He would have been my top quarterback this year, but I still wouldn't have considered him in the first. So long as he shows so growth, particularly with the turnovers, and doesn't plateau, I will be really bullish on him next year.

Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Looks like Josh Allen is going back to Wyoming per bleacher report. It's the right move to make long term. He would have been my top quarterback this year, but I still wouldn't have considered him in the first. So long as he shows so growth, particularly with the turnovers, and doesn't plateau, I will be really bullish on him next year.

Yeah. Smart move for him, would have been nice to land him in 2 this year for us though.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Forge wrote:

Yeah. Smart move for him, would have been nice to land him in 2 this year for us though.

He would have been my number 1 this year...not sure about next year. Good year, lots of growth, he could be a #1 overall guy, but the competition is stiff between Rosen, Darnold (if he declares), etc.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HC David Shaw expects Solomon Thomas to run in the high 4.5's... Shocked

http://www.ruleoftree.com/2017/1/10/14196148/2017-nfl-draft-solomon-thomas-stanford-cardinal-pittsburgh-steelers-cleveland-browns-seahawks-jets

The best Stanford Defensive player to come out in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:

http://www.ruleoftree.com/2017/1/10/14196148/2017-nfl-draft-solomon-thomas-stanford-cardinal-pittsburgh-steelers-cleveland-browns-seahawks-jets

That's insane at 6'3" 275. He's already climbing up draftboatds, he does that and I could see top 10 pick.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

That's insane at 6'3" 275. He's already climbing up draftboatds, he does that and I could see top 10 pick.

He destroyed Michigan, and he's been productive all year. If he runs a sub 4.6 he will go very high.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he's a redshirt sophomore makes it even more impressive. He could develop even more physically.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that Barnett is a month younger then me. I guess I'm getting to the age where I can look at all these kids and regret my life decisions Laughing
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
I just realized that Barnett is a month younger then me. I guess I'm getting to the age where I can look at all these kids and regret my life decisions Laughing

The Rams just hired a coach several years younger than me Laughing

Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:

I remember when that happened to me. Now I can call them kids as I was in kindergarten when most of them were born
sbrown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Geek wrote:

I remember when that happened to me. Now I can call them kids as I was in kindergarten when most of them were born

LOL I used to workout with former 49ers Antonio Langham and TO when he was young. Thats how old I am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 72 of 100

Jump to: