Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 WR Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 8255
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
best deep threats that don't have terrible hands?

raiders need a deep threat in the worst way


Corey Davis is excellent operating deep down the field. Idk if he's a burner, but the way he operates down the field is special. Smooth. Catches everything. Excellent setting up double moves and slicing in front of DBs to keep the throw clean.

I see 4.45 speed, so if you're looking for purely a track speed dude, it's not him. But if you're looking for a WR that makes big plays downfield, Davis can do it. Think Josh Gordon.


Stacy Coley is a nice speed guy in the late rounds, but his hands are kind of meh.


Won't be there when they pick
_________________
Favorite Players in this Class:

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 9351
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
best deep threats that don't have terrible hands?

raiders need a deep threat in the worst way


Corey Davis is excellent operating deep down the field. Idk if he's a burner, but the way he operates down the field is special. Smooth. Catches everything. Excellent setting up double moves and slicing in front of DBs to keep the throw clean.

I see 4.45 speed, so if you're looking for purely a track speed dude, it's not him. But if you're looking for a WR that makes big plays downfield, Davis can do it. Think Josh Gordon.


Stacy Coley is a nice speed guy in the late rounds, but his hands are kind of meh.


Won't be there when they pick


Dede Westbrook in the 2nd

KD Cannon in the later rounds
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
norcalgsr


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 3109
Location: sacramento
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KD Cannon is better than John Ross.

Amara Darboh is the best route runner in the draft.
_________________
@lifesyourcup

Leader of these Bandwagons: Derrius Guice, Kalen Ballage, Jordan Villamin, Simmie Cobbs, Cam Akers, Elijah Holyfield
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13774
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
KD Cannon is better than John Ross.

Amara Darboh is the best route runner in the draft.
does he have good hands?
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36785
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
KD Cannon is better than John Ross.

Amara Darboh is the best route runner in the draft.
does he have good hands?

_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
norcalgsr


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 3109
Location: sacramento
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
KD Cannon is better than John Ross.

Amara Darboh is the best route runner in the draft.
does he have good hands?


6.6% drop rate on the season.
http://www.cfbfilmroom.com/michigan-wolverines/
_________________
@lifesyourcup

Leader of these Bandwagons: Derrius Guice, Kalen Ballage, Jordan Villamin, Simmie Cobbs, Cam Akers, Elijah Holyfield
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else like Florida State WR Jesus "Bobo" Wilson?

I believe he's coming out for this year's draft. I know he was a senior going into the season and got injured early, so I don't know if he was able to get a medical redshirt and return to college. But if he does come out, I think he can be a mid-to-late round steal. He reminds me of Eddie Royal when he was at Va-Tech. That short shifty wide receiver when dangerous speed. Could be a late round guy who makes a big impact as a rookie like Tyreek Hill this past season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackersFSU


Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Anyone else like Florida State WR Jesus "Bobo" Wilson?

I believe he's coming out for this year's draft. I know he was a senior going into the season and got injured early, so I don't know if he was able to get a medical redshirt and return to college. But if he does come out, I think he can be a mid-to-late round steal. He reminds me of Eddie Royal when he was at Va-Tech. That short shifty wide receiver when dangerous speed. Could be a late round guy who makes a big impact as a rookie like Tyreek Hill this past season.


Bobo has suspect hands. Hes a very good route runner. Can route anyone up pretty much but the man cannot get off press coverage to save his life. Becomes a non factor when teams play up on him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 39481
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
KD Cannon is better than John Ross.

Amara Darboh is the best route runner in the draft.
does he have good hands?


His hands kind of come and go, in my opinion. Might have been Chesson, but I'm pretty sure Darboh was the one who dropped that last pass against Iowa that would have sealed the game after it hit him in the chest. Also dropped a touchdown pass that was kind of tough against FSU that was kind of tough, but still think he should have caught it. And he'll sometimes have easy drops on slants.

But he's a real nice possession type regardless of occasional drop issues (not that common.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36785
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
KD Cannon is better than John Ross.

Amara Darboh is the best route runner in the draft.
does he have good hands?
[img]sweetcatch.gif[/img]


His hands kind of come and go, in my opinion. Might have been Chesson, but I'm pretty sure Darboh was the one who dropped that last pass against Iowa that would have sealed the game after it hit him in the chest. Also dropped a touchdown pass that was kind of tough against FSU that was kind of tough, but still think he should have caught it. And he'll sometimes have easy drops on slants.

But he's a real nice possession type regardless of occasional drop issues (not that common.
He can make those ridiculous catches as shown in the gif, but he isn't super-consistent either. He doesn't have bad technique with his hands, he just doesn't always look the ball in all the way (like the slants) or sometimes he just fails to secure it well (some contested/tougher catches). I don't remember who it was that dropped that pass against Iowa, but usually Darboh is pretty good on deep balls. Chesson doesn't use good technique and fairly often traps the ball in his chest instead of using his hands.

Darboh has good hands, will make some insane catches every once in a while, but he will have some drops every once in a while. His hands will play out pretty similar to Odell Beckham's, though he may not make as many ridiculous catches.
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5320
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darboh reminds me of Reggie Wayne.
_________________
GFalcon wrote:
Yes, you guys will still win series but jokes on you because lebron going to fail again in the finals for CLE against GS or SA. Cool Sometimes i feel bad for cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 9351
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Carlos Henderson fans in here? He absolutely blew up this year and can do it all, obviously primarily a slot guy at the next level at 5'11 ~190 but he's got some go in him. Poor mans Sterling Shep?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
IronLion35


Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Posts: 29
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Any Carlos Henderson fans in here? He absolutely blew up this year and can do it all, obviously primarily a slot guy at the next level at 5'11 ~190 but he's got some go in him. Poor mans Sterling Shep?


Yes. Of the receivers I've watched so far he's one of my favorite. First saw him play against WKU making defenders look silly basically every time he touched the ball. Then he did it to Navy too. He had great production, he has speed, acceleration, fantastic elusiveness and field vision with the ball in his hands, he's a deep threat, and from what I was able to see he looked like a good route runner (hard to tell on TV though). Really hoping the Eagles are targeting him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68412
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time watching Ishmael Zamora. Holy shiot. If anyone wants to find the next Josh Gordon, you might have found him. Kid is a total piece of crap (beat his dog), but he's a crazy talented WR. Whoa.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13774
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
First time watching Ishmael Zamora. Holy shiot. If anyone wants to find the next Josh Gordon, you might have found him. Kid is a total piece of crap (beat his dog), but he's a crazy talented WR. Whoa.
i really don't like how disinterested he looks if the playcall is either a run play or a pass to the other side of the field.

but I agree he looks real talented

Is it just me or does he only play on the left side? Is that a Baylor thing?
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 53 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group