Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marrone's staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90358
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to have Jimmy Smith as WR coach
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3431
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord of Kitty wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Abry isn't good.


Disagree, I thought he did great filling in for Roy.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1/5/14177036/abry-jones-contract-jacksonville-jaguars-2017-free-agent

I think Alfie's a ****, but I agree with him here.


Yeaj, Abry was good this year. Hope we lock him up.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 5249
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abry did play very well this year. He will definitely get some interest on the FA market. Hopefully we bring him back. I don't see Roy Miller back.
_________________


^^el ramster^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3431
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys see that the coaches that haven't been let go/confirmed as staying are meeting in Coughlin's office tomorrow?

I am SOOOO happy TC is back. Laughing
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 909
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Why are we acting like Wash is Bob Babich bad?

To finish 6th in total defense, 5th against the pass, 19th against the run and 8th in 3rd down defense in his first year as a DC in the NFL, not running his own scheme, while having 6-7 new starters on defense is pretty solid.

His playcalling was very questionable at end of games, that's no secret.

He will have his own scheme this year, the defense will have better chemistry, hopefully a scheme that better suits them and hopefully a more aggressive defense than last year.

Wash Defense also gave up the most yards in the division and had single digit turnovers.

I meant to say gave up the most points in the AFC South even worse. Especially when you have a defense like the Colts in your division.
Huh?

_________________
Who I wanted drafted vs Jags over the last 4 drafts
2014:Khalil Mack - Blake Bortles
2015:Amari Cooper - Dante Fowler (I told everyone Vic Beasley would be better than Dante)
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Dalvin Cook - ????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 5249
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Why are we acting like Wash is Bob Babich bad?

To finish 6th in total defense, 5th against the pass, 19th against the run and 8th in 3rd down defense in his first year as a DC in the NFL, not running his own scheme, while having 6-7 new starters on defense is pretty solid.

His playcalling was very questionable at end of games, that's no secret.

He will have his own scheme this year, the defense will have better chemistry, hopefully a scheme that better suits them and hopefully a more aggressive defense than last year.

Wash Defense also gave up the most yards in the division and had single digit turnovers.

I meant to say gave up the most points in the AFC South even worse. Especially when you have a defense like the Colts in your division.
Huh?


You can thank the offense for that.
_________________


^^el ramster^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 54969
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
You guys see that the coaches that haven't been let go/confirmed as staying are meeting in Coughlin's office tomorrow?

I am SOOOO happy TC is back. Laughing
Could see some more firings.

Pray Pray
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 54969
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marrone said neither the OC nor DC has been determined. Might be thy held onto them in the event they can't find someone else.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3431
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Marrone said neither the OC nor DC has been determined. Might be thy held onto them in the event they can't find someone else.


Yeah, it sure sounds like they all are trying to put it together right now and it isn't set in the least.

Like I said, I really do believe Hackett ends up OC and Wash ends up DC, but we'll see. It's nice to see they aren't leaving any stone unturned.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3431
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong 48s49 seconds ago
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone says he's still working to put staff together. I heard Tom Coughlin has final say in each decision


As you can expect. So yeah, I don't think our coordinators are set in the least.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3431
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alex MarvezVerified account
‏@alexmarvez
I'm told Tom Coughlin has blocked Doug Marrone from hiring Donnie Henderson 2 @Jaguars coaching staff. TC/DH had big blowup at '05 scrimmage


Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told Doug Marrone wants to hire @buffalobills ST coach Danny Crossman for @Jaguars staff but hasn't gotten Tom Coughlin's approval yet


Marvez isn't THAT reliable, but good news on the ST front. We need Mallory gone. Anyone know much about Crossman?
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3431
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 33s34 seconds ago
I'm told Tom Coughlin wants Doug Marrone to interview at least 3 outside coaches for every @Jaguars staff position member he wants to keep

_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 54969
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 33s34 seconds ago
I'm told Tom Coughlin wants Doug Marrone to interview at least 3 outside coaches for every @Jaguars staff position member he wants to keep
<333333333333333333333333

This is literally everything I was complaining about with team and roster management being handled by Coughlin exactly the way I said it should be.

Stop nepotism and only thinking in the moment. Thank you Tom.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VLoo


Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 326
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That presser and those tweets were the most encouraging thing that could have come out of that building. Possibly the most encouraging thing in nigh on a decade
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27882
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Alex MarvezVerified account
‏@alexmarvez
I'm told Tom Coughlin has blocked Doug Marrone from hiring Donnie Henderson 2 @Jaguars coaching staff. TC/DH had big blowup at '05 scrimmage


Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told Doug Marrone wants to hire @buffalobills ST coach Danny Crossman for @Jaguars staff but hasn't gotten Tom Coughlin's approval yet


Marvez isn't THAT reliable, but good news on the ST front. We need Mallory gone. Anyone know much about Crossman?

he isn't mallory, so I'm in
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group