Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you give up for Jimmy G?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
bruceb wrote:
By now they have seen enough of him to know whether he is Brady's replacement. If he is, they would find a way to keep him. And if they are willing to let him go they probably have concluded that he is not.

I feel like I already have like eight posts in here explaining why this is possible, but not necessarily the case. If you aren't listening at this point then you've already made up your mind on what you want on this one and are interpreting the situation to fit.

While you are most likely correct, I would have to say that if they TRULY felt Jimmy G had a great chance to pick up where Brady would leave off, then there is no way they would trade them.

A lot could happen this year that could lead to the Pats keeping JG with an extension or the franchise tag. Maybe Brady looks terrible, or maybe he has a serious injury.

If they TRULY TRULY think he is a legit stud in waiting, they would not trade him for anything less than their asking price.

Unless of course BB is going to retire when Brady does, in which case, he doesnt care about some draft pick.

We are not going to win in a deal with BB.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
You know a player I'd rather trade for over Jimmy G is

Brett Hundley.

Talk about a guy who has produced during the pre-season and looked good whenever he got true game time.

He has played behind arguably the other best QB in the game and would cost a lot less.

More physically talented than Jimmy G is. I really liked him out of UCLA, and I think he's developed in Green Bay.

Would probably cost a 3rd and 6th or something like that.

I think he'd be a great player to come in and compete with Kessler and our rookie.

I'd rather sign Taylor, but if we can't sign him definitely would want Hundley over JG.

Yeah I've said it a few times in here, I'd definitely do my homework on trading for Hundley.

Thanks Reg!
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

That's a silly position. You should be more cautious, sure. But you don't say, "I'm never trading with team X because they're good at trading." You just do your due diligence above and beyond what you normally would. You have a chance to lose every trade, BB isn't infallible, he HAS made bad trades in the past (See: Mingo, Barkevious).

Also, I can't figure out why people who deify BB hate it when our FO does exactly what BB has been doing for decades (trade down like crazy, let FAs walk to get comp picks, generally taking more swings at it).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
bruceb wrote:

That's a silly position. You should be more cautious, sure. But you don't say, "I'm never trading with team X because they're good at trading." You just do your due diligence above and beyond what you normally would. You have a chance to lose every trade, BB isn't infallible, he HAS made bad trades in the past (See: Mingo, Barkevious).

Also, I can't figure out why people who deify BB hate it when our FO does exactly what BB has been doing for decades (trade down like crazy, let FAs walk to get comp picks, generally taking more swings at it).

I respect BB and wholeheartedly agree with our approach.

I hope we stick to the script this year because in this draft we could get some quality players and still walk away with a boatload of ammo for next year
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I respect BB and wholeheartedly agree with our approach.

I hope we stick to the script this year because in this draft we could get some quality players and still walk away with a boatload of ammo for next year

We can do that almost every year if the front office is motivated.

I'm all for it.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
bruceb wrote:

For starters we are picking in a different range than the Patriots.

The talent discrepancy in the top 5-10 (depending on the draft) compared to below that is vastly different than 24-32 down to the top part of the 2nd.

Also we've been so devoid of talent over the years that we needed our draft picks to be impact players. The patriots early on won on games planning/scheme which gives the the luxury of not needing the highest end players. They are able to find talent and have the luxury of time to develop them.

A good team thats constantly well coached needs a group of good players that fit the system and can play in it. They can do without the elite. After all they got rid of a Jamie Collins who is an elite talent but because he wasnt playing in the system they dumped him.

I dont think our trading down and theirs can be compared

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns get Jimmy G and Pats 1st round pick.

Pas Get 12 overall and a 3rd.
duke2056

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
Browns get Jimmy G and Pats 1st round pick.

Pas Get 12 overall and a 3rd.

I have brought up this exact trade (minus our 3rd) in a few different places and on another forum. It got no legs.

This seems like the ideal type of trade for the Browns "IF" they want JG, and "IF" his trade value actually is a 1st rounder.

Also ideal for the Pats because they either just take a better player, or trade down themselves if they want
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Belicheck doesn't exactly screw teams in his trades. I felt like we got Jamie Collins for next to nothing, considering at one point not long ago he was considered to be one of the best all around LB's in the league.

I also don't think Arizona had to overpay to get Chandler Jones either.

The only way I can see us trading a 1st to NE for him is if its 2018's first. I don't see us trading either of this years first round picks for him, nor do I want us to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Bill Belicheck doesn't exactly screw teams in his trades. I felt like we got Jamie Collins for next to nothing, considering at one point not long ago he was considered to be one of the best all around LB's in the league.

The only way I can see us trading a 1st to NE for him is if its 2018's first. I don't see us trading either of this years first round picks for him, nor do I want us to.

Trading our 2018 1st would be the stupidest think ever
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:

pretty sure your post qualifies for that.

I'd rather trade 2018 than either of this years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:

pretty sure your post qualifies for that.

I'd rather trade 2018 than either of this years.

Our 2018 1st is more valuable than pick 12 this year.

Especially when the most recent idea was pick 12 for JG and THEIR 1st rounder this year.

I don't want to do any of it because I do not want to trade for JG. However, if we did, trading our 2018 1st would be the stupidest think ever.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would you guys feel if we traded

Tennessees 2nd in 17 and 18 plus the additional 4 for Jimmy G
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:

2 2NDS AND A 4TH? Eh

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

2 2NDS AND A 4TH? Eh

If it turns into a bidding war I think that would be a good offer plus they're not even our picks so it's like playing with extra cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 14 of 31

Jump to: