Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ware94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Edit: To NYFDB

It is for Cleveland.

Denver and Houston have reason to believe that Romo makes them immediate contenders. Buffalo has reason to believe Romo makes them a playoff team. Miami, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona, or KC may decide that their current QBs have peaked and their team needs a boost over the top.

If any three of those teams seriously believe that, there's going to be a bidding war and the Cowboys win big. There's simply no one out there who brings the immediate upside that Romo does. No one even close.

The good news for Romo is that he's worth far more to a contender than he is to a rebuilder like the Browns.

Still, just no way. Not for a 37 year old with chronic injuries, who hasn't played since 2014, and has 2 career playoff wins. I agree that Romo gives these teams a chance to contend, but he doesn't make them Super Bowl locks. Far from it. You are going to need a bidding war to get a 1st for him, much less 3 premium picks.

If these teams are willing to give those picks up for a QB, they'll call of New England and offer that for Jimmy G.

I'll take a 2018 first round pick after the draft and call it a major win.

I never thought about that. That's a very good point!

How can you even compare Jimmy G to Romo tho? Confused

Who was comparing the two? I remember the Jets reportedly willing to part with a high round pick for Romo before he ever played a snap. If McDaniels gets a HC job somewhere, you better believe he'll be going after Garoppolo hard.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
If you're thinking contenders, I think the trading options for Romo are far more limited than what's being thrown around. Think you can cross Arizona, Minnesota, and Houston off the list.

Why? Houston in particular seems to be the one most likely to want Romo.

Palmer carries $28m in dead money. Minnesota isn't going to trade for Romo after trading a 1st and 4th for Bradford are they? I don't think so. Houston really going to walk away from Osweiler after one season and eat $25m? Can't see that happening either.

Arizona has a TON of cap room and could eat Palmer in one gulp, and would net a cap savings Jun 1. I don't see them as likely suitors, but there's nothing preventing them from doing it.

Your assessment of Minnesota's problem is accurate-- they don't have enough pick value left to be trading away high value ones.

Deandre Hopkins is a top 10 receiver. He had 952 yds and 4 TD this year.

Osweiler had one game over 7 yards per attempt all year. He had five games with less than 5 ypa. He had two games with a passer rating of 90 or better and none with 100 or better. He had 7 with less than 70. If they stick with him their GM should be executed.

Oh, and Romo has 7 seasons with as many or more TD as Osweiler has thrown in his career... bearing in mind that Osweiler has always thrown to guys like Hopkins and Thomas.

Still can't see Arizona. Trading for a 37 old QB, when there is one the roster. Palmer's contract was redone before season and he's guaranteed almost $13. Cards also have a number of key FA of their own. Just makes no sense to me.

You probably have a point with Houston, but have to think it's a huge long shot for them to walk away from Osweiler after one season. That probably gets the GM fired just as easily as the Osweiler signing.

Quote:
Cowboys exec on Romo: "There were seasons where, without him, we'd have been the Cleveland Browns and won two games."
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a list of the Cowboys UFA after this season. I know I want us to bring Mo back. I really would like to keep Leary as well but I know that's a tough situation with Collins back there. Is Church a FA? If so I'd like to keep him too or go for the big fish in Eric Berry.

EL ramster on the sig!
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:
I need a list of the Cowboys UFA after this season. I know I want us to bring Mo back. I really would like to keep Leary as well but I know that's a tough situation with Collins back there. Is Church a FA? If so I'd like to keep him too or go for the big fish in Eric Berry.

Butler
Carr
Claiborne
Church
Crawford, J
Dunbar
Durant
Escobar
Gachkar
Irving (ERFA, will be tendered for sure)
Leary
McFadden
McClain (both)
Moore
Wilcox
Williams
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunbar............needs to be gone.

The thought of acquiring Eric Berry..................gets me all frisky.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManInTheMirror wrote:
Dunbar............needs to be gone.

The thought of acquiring Eric Berry..................gets me all frisky.

Berry in the backfield with Jones, Claiborne, Scandrick, etc. with an upgraded pass rush...I'm all tingly

^^^El Rammy
eagles suck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Action Jackson wrote:

Butler
Carr
Claiborne
Church
Crawford, J
Dunbar
Durant
Escobar
Gachkar
Leary
McFadden
McClain (both)
Moore
Wilcox
Williams

Carr is not a free agent is he?

RECEPTION-69 YARDS-673 TD'S-3
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Edit: To NYFDB

It is for Cleveland.

Denver and Houston have reason to believe that Romo makes them immediate contenders. Buffalo has reason to believe Romo makes them a playoff team. Miami, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona, or KC may decide that their current QBs have peaked and their team needs a boost over the top.

If any three of those teams seriously believe that, there's going to be a bidding war and the Cowboys win big. There's simply no one out there who brings the immediate upside that Romo does. No one even close.

The good news for Romo is that he's worth far more to a contender than he is to a rebuilder like the Browns.

Still, just no way. Not for a 37 year old with chronic injuries, who hasn't played since 2014, and has 2 career playoff wins. I agree that Romo gives these teams a chance to contend, but he doesn't make them Super Bowl locks. Far from it. You are going to need a bidding war to get a 1st for him, much less 3 premium picks.

If these teams are willing to give those picks up for a QB, they'll call of New England and offer that for Jimmy G.

I'll take a 2018 first round pick after the draft and call it a major win.

I never thought about that. That's a very good point!

How can you even compare Jimmy G to Romo tho? Confused

Hey, Garoppolo has a career passer rating of 106.2, so clearly he's better than Romo... and unlike Romo he can go two games without getting hurt... oh, wait

Comparing? I'm comparing their trade values, of which Jimmy G's is much higher.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Action Jackson wrote:

Butler
Carr
Claiborne
Church
Crawford, J
Dunbar
Durant
Escobar
Gachkar
Leary
McFadden
McClain (both)
Moore
Wilcox
Williams

Carr is not a free agent is he?

He's got a void year on the books for 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: