You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade in the works....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
If we traded this year's first and next years second we could get up to pick #7 (Vikings).

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

I don't see a pre-draft trade happening just to move up, but during makes a lot of sense. And with the Bears - Redskins trade pending (I think they are looking at taking A. Branch), Gaines Adams could be available @ #7 --don't forget Tomlin's relationship with the Vikes.

I would deffenitly give that up for gaines adams.
This is BEST case scenario! No one can argue it. Very Happy

wld they do that?

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaLrAv3nS wrote:
I think it would be a good trade Willis could be the centre piece for a cover 2 system...
Tomlin was being tutored by Childress (Jim Johnson's 46 system) and showed a lot of those tendencies is his play calling last season. Cover 2 is old news and the 46 would fit the Steeler's "Blitzkreig" style and personnel.
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
If we traded this year's first and next years second we could get up to pick #7 (Vikings).

I don't see a pre-draft trade happening just to move up, but during makes a lot of sense. And with the Bears - Redskins trade pending (I think they are looking at taking A. Branch), Gaines Adams could be available @ #7 --don't forget Tomlin's relationship with the Vikes.

wld they do that?
I think the Vikings want picks and don't want to pay too much money right now, and if Childress has a mancrush on Tomlin we're gold Wink Plus it works in a standard trade format.
smashmouth8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be sweet to get Adams or Anderson in this draft but I think the Steelers should trade down this year. I think there is alot of talent in the second and third rounds. I would like to get an extra second or third this year. We have holes to fill for the future.

Plus, maybe we should trade Fanaca. If we do not sign him then we get nothing just like we got nothing from releasing J. Peezy. I love Fanaca and he is a stud but it is something to think about. Trading Porter last year would have been a great move. Teams would have given up alot after the SB run and his playoff performance. There were a ton of good OLB's in last years draft! Maybe Mahan is here for that reason???
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While a trade is good if you get the player you are targetting. But you don't want to sell the farm doing it. If Tomlin is going to switch a to a 4-3 shouldn't he look to keep as many draft picks as possible. The Rooney's aren't going to grant him very much money to spend on FAs. If the Steelers do move up in the draft and still switch to a 4-3 bottom 15 defense here we come. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant argue the scenario..I can argue the Player taken

I prefer both Anderson and Landry over Gaines Adams. I have seen Gaines Adams play football since 8 man high school days in Greenwood SC at Cambridge Academy (also a FUMA grad) So I want to like Adams ..He is hard working, seems to have good character. He plays hard...Reminds me of Jamal Reynolds former 1st round pick of the Green Bay Packers...Same Size Speed Strength ratio..Similar type performance in the same conference in college
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
While a trade is good if you get the player you are targetting. But you don't want to sell the farm doing it. If Tomlin is going to switch a to a 4-3 shouldn't he look to keep as many draft picks as possible. The Rooney's aren't going to grant him very much money to spend on FAs. If the Steelers do move up in the draft and still switch to a 4-3 bottom 15 defense here we come. Crying or Very sad
If you look at our personnel and consider more a of a blitzing 46 defense we are not that far off personnel wise. Throwing in next year's second, we don't lose the opportunities from this draft. I really don't see the downside of getting a player of G. Adams' talent and only losing one draft pick.

The key to this is if AZ drafts Joe Thomas. If not, Adams will be gone.
Blacky Gold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:

wld they do that?
I think the Vikings want picks and don't want to pay too much money right now, and if Childress has a mancrush on Tomlin we're gold Wink Plus it works in a standard trade format.

Future picks have less worth than this year's. Think about it: if all goes well, the Steelers' second-rounder next year could be #64. Wink So I don't think that your trade would work. Steelers would have to give up this year's #2.
ktfuehrer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacky Gold wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:

wld they do that?

Future picks have less worth than this year's. Think about it: if all goes well, the Steelers' second-rounder next year could be #64. Wink So I don't think that your trade would work. Steelers would have to give up this year's #2.
How I understand future picks, they are based on selection 15 of the round a team trades.
Blacky Gold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktfuehrer wrote:
Blacky Gold wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
ktfuehrer wrote:

wld they do that?

How I understand future picks, they are based on selection 15 of the round a team trades.

Interesting. I did some googling, and found two answers: one, that future picks are de-valued one round (a 2008 second-rounder is worth the corresponding 2007 3rd); the other, that the value is halved (Steelers' 2008 2nd is worth 220, equal to pick #74 this year). I didn't find your explanation.

Anybody have any insight?
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've only ever heard that they were the equivalent of the next round down... a 2 is a 3, a 3 is a 4, etc.
One4theThumb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
i've only ever heard that they were the equivalent of the next round down... a 2 is a 3, a 3 is a 4, etc.

That makes sense in the terms of the Eli/Phillip Rivers trade

Giants gave up #4 and following years 1st rounder, which would be equal to a 2nd, so a 2nd rounder to move up 3 picks in the top 5

there could have been more involved, but im not sure
smashmouth8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now we have 9 draft pics. I think the Steelers are to deep to get 9 good players in this draft. I would like the steelers to sell the farm and move down to get the player that they want or to move back get more pics in rounds 2 and 3. The steelers could trade an extra 3rd and their second round pic to move up in round 2. Maybe throw in an extra 4th also to get to arizona's spot. I believe that Kalil will be available then but not at rd.2 number 15.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: