Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 10875
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stanford HC David Shaw says he expects DL Solomon Thomas "to wow NFL folks."
Shaw told Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman that he expects his former star defensive end to run the forty in the high 4.5s with a vertical jump close to 40 inches. That's at 6-foot-3, 275 pounds, folks. Rotoworld's Josh Norris had Thomas as a top-10 pick in his first 2017 mock. We're gaga for Thomas' game, which blends size, strength, speed and smarts.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter - @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 5245
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Stanford HC David Shaw says he expects DL Solomon Thomas "to wow NFL folks."
Shaw told Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman that he expects his former star defensive end to run the forty in the high 4.5s with a vertical jump close to 40 inches. That's at 6-foot-3, 275 pounds, folks. Rotoworld's Josh Norris had Thomas as a top-10 pick in his first 2017 mock. We're gaga for Thomas' game, which blends size, strength, speed and smarts.


I'm late to the party, not really a Draft junky but boy this kid can play.

Is he better suited to play inside or is he a guy you can just play all over the D-Line?
_________________


^^el ramster^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 10875
Location: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Is he better suited to play inside or is he a guy you can just play all over the D-Line?

Haven't dedicated any time to him yet.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter - @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 5245
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Is he better suited to play inside or is he a guy you can just play all over the D-Line?

Haven't dedicated any time to him yet.


Gotcha. TY sir.
_________________


^^el ramster^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7269
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Stanford HC David Shaw says he expects DL Solomon Thomas "to wow NFL folks."
Shaw told Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman that he expects his former star defensive end to run the forty in the high 4.5s with a vertical jump close to 40 inches. That's at 6-foot-3, 275 pounds, folks. Rotoworld's Josh Norris had Thomas as a top-10 pick in his first 2017 mock. We're gaga for Thomas' game, which blends size, strength, speed and smarts.


I'm late to the party, not really a Draft junky but boy this kid can play.

Is he better suited to play inside or is he a guy you can just play all over the D-Line?



He will probably show up at the combine at 275-280 imo, he has the lower body strength/explosion to hold up inside but he probably would be better off as a 1st and 2nd down SSE, and kick inside on 3rd down and be a match up nightmare for heavy footed guards. His lower body explosion is insane
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3224
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Stanford HC David Shaw says he expects DL Solomon Thomas "to wow NFL folks."
Shaw told Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman that he expects his former star defensive end to run the forty in the high 4.5s with a vertical jump close to 40 inches. That's at 6-foot-3, 275 pounds, folks. Rotoworld's Josh Norris had Thomas as a top-10 pick in his first 2017 mock. We're gaga for Thomas' game, which blends size, strength, speed and smarts.


I'm late to the party, not really a Draft junky but boy this kid can play.

Is he better suited to play inside or is he a guy you can just play all over the D-Line?



He will probably show up at the combine at 275-280 imo, he has the lower body strength/explosion to hold up inside but he probably would be better off as a 1st and 2nd down SSE, and kick inside on 3rd down and be a match up nightmare for heavy footed guards. His lower body explosion is insane
His tape is impressive man. Thomas lives in the backfield and is constantly causing disruption. With a strong combine I think its possible he goes top 10. Scheme versatile and flashes dominances at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gah112


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 579
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Thomas have the length to hold up as a 5T?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7269
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
Does Thomas have the length to hold up as a 5T?


No but he has the strength and explosion to though, kinda pointless to have him at that position though, give him one gap and let him wreck ish
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unfsaint


Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 2316
Location: P'cola, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but to think of Aaron Donald when I see Thomas. He's a guy, like Donald, that I'd be shocked if he wasn't great. He might be the best player in the draft.
_________________
Adopt-a-Saint (2015)

Hau'oli Kikaha- 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF, 1 FR, 2 PD

Willie Snead- 69 reception, 984 yards, 3 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 10875
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Thomas tomorrow. Never watched him. So much hype. Can't wait to throw out my thoughts on him.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter - @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5106
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald is so special that any comparison to him is going to fall short. I liken Caleb Brantley to him, but Donald is still just head and shoulders above him as a prospect.

Solomon Thomas, after another review, is more athletic than I originally credited him with being. But his best trait is the jarring power he has coming off the snap. Just hammers his fists through OL chest pads and gets an immediate push. Plays hard every snap, which is what sets him apart from last years wildly inconsistent Robert Nkemdiche. He's basically a consistent Nkemdiche.
_________________
GFalcon wrote:
Yes, you guys will still win series but jokes on you because lebron going to fail again in the finals for CLE against GS or SA. Cool Sometimes i feel bad for cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 66905
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft sites (including CBS Sports/NFL Draft Scout) currently rated Joey Ivie as a UDFA. Somebody watch the DB cutup out there on him and then tell me that you think he's a UDFA:
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/joey-ivie-vs-east-carolina-2015/

Me? I see a guy who should absolutely be drafted. Has enough athleticism to be a threat to disrupt in the back-field in the run game and pressure the QB in the passing game. Outstanding motor. Active, powerful hands with the ability to jar. Tries to vary his pass rush moves. Intelligent player who does a nice job finding the ball.

Ivie may not be a future superstar, but I see a guy who should make a solid rotational DL in the NFL (either as a 3-4 DE or as a 4-3 UT).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 11413
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Solomon Thomas, but i'm struggling with this recent surge in attention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckIsGOAT


Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 4959
Location: San Francisco
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comp for Soloman Thomas is Raheem Brock
_________________
Giants
Stanford
Colts
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indigo_rex


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
My comp for Soloman Thomas is Raheem Brock


Brock ran a 4.90 at 257lbs. Based on Thomas' high school combine and what his coach expects him to run, there's a huge gap in athleticism and size - favoring Thomas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 30 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group