Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 1st Mock draft finally added

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keegslotus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: My 1st Mock draft finally added Reply with quote

-Cuts
David Harris
Marcus Gilchrist
Ryan Clady
Nick Folk
Breno Giacomini
Erin Henderson
Buster Skrine
-Restructure
Darrelle Revis- I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flank but I think he takes the payout switch him to free safety.
-Retire
Nick Mangold- comes to understanding his body can't hold out much longer and walks away
-Resigning
-Wes Johnson starting center
-Brian Winters starting guard
-Marcus Williams depth for corner
-Tanner Purdum reliable longsnapper
-Josh Martin depth and special teams
-Free Agency
-Ryan Nassib Qb competition, no he's never started. He was a good product coming out a few years ago and has sat behind Eli learning everything out of the Giants organization is great news about him.
-Gavin Escobar TE competition for ASJ he can catch and block as well as help out on special teams
-Luke Joeckel tackle/guard bust coming off a horrible injury give a year to sit back and recover while building him back up.
-Dre Kirkpatrick CB we get a good cover guy he should be able to step in and start day 1
-Marcus Copper nice depth for corner
-Trades
-Trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for their 3rd round pick
-Trade our 1st and 7th to the Cardinals for their 1st (13) 3rd and 5th in 2018. (Credit to Mr. O, I really like this trade and given Palmers possible retirement they could need to jump up to draft a falling quarterback)
-Trade Forte to Tampa Bay for a 7th
-Trade Decker to Washington for a 5th
Comp picks
Snacks 4th
Ivory 6th

DRAFT
1st- (13) Reuben Foster ILB Alabama. He's as safe as pick as they come in this draft. Him and Lee give us a very talented and fast linebacker core for years to come.
2nd- (39) Antonio Garcia LT Troy. We get our future franchise left tackle, he's NFL ready as a pass blocker, needs work as a run blocker. Has the frame to add weight. Luckily he won't be pushed into the starting role, he'll battle it out with Joeckel for the starting role.
3rd- (70) Tim Williams OLB Alabama. I've been seeing him drop in most recent mock drafts due to off-field red flags, and I'm cool with that. We get arguably one of the better pass rushers in the third. Having him rotate with Mauldin and Jenkins gives us a very good pass rush which we can keep fresh.
3rd- (77 via Arizona) Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma. Everybody here knows he has his baggage, I'm willing to take the chance on a possible top 3 runningback.
3rd- (92 via Dallas) Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova. He's 6-7 290 we use the pick we got for Sheldon to get his replacement. This kid has all the ability in the world and after the combine it's very possible he's not available here. But for now we get a great rotational player who can step in for Wilkerson if anything were to happen.
4th- (comp for Snacks) Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado. Everyone is high on Chidobe Awuzie that this guy seems to go unnoticed. Well he's 6-3 195 pounds and suppose to run a 4.5-4.6 forty he also led the league with 22 pass break-ups. He will make for the perfect boundary corner, luckily with the depth we already have he'll be able to be eased into the nfl.
5th- (152) Obi Melifonwu safety UConn. He's a size/speed freak at 6-3 217 with a projected 4.5 forty. He'did been getting reps at both safety and corner at senior bowl week. Watching film I see a guy who tackle well in the open field doesn't get beat deep,someone who can come down and play in the box while also matching up with tight ends and big bodied slot receivers. He spends a year on special teams and sub packages getting his feet wet, and takes a starting spot in year 2.
5th- (156 via Washington) Hasson Reddick ILB Temple. He's an undersized linebacker in the nfl who played DE in college. Between size and position change teams are going to be a little scared off that and he has a red flag or two in his past. Other than that those problems he has all the potential in the world to be a great cover linebacker with his speed. He is going to have to play special teams but he has the ability to stick around in the nfl as sub package backer.
6th- (169) Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor. 6-4 215 speedster who will not be going to the combine, he was suspended for 4 games in 2016 for a video of him beating his dog with a belt. Low risk high reward pick.
6th- (comp pick for Ivory) Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss. What can be said about Kelly, he's an [inappropriate/removed] who is hot-headed and can get himself into trouble. He also has shown the ability to play big in games and beat top end competition. A torn ACL and meniscus damage back in November make him a prime candidate for a redshirt freshman year in the NFL.
7th- (227) Jake Maulhardt TE Wyoming. Jake played wide receiver in college but at 6-6 230 he is viewed as a project tightend in the NFL. He could be similar to Enuwa as a big bodied chess peice. Most likely he'll find is way to the practice squad in year 1.
7th- (240 via Tampa Bay) Conrad Ukropina Kicker Stanford. Was good in college. But what really sticks out to me is he is completing his masters at Stanford in communication it's always nice to have an intelligent kicker.

Last edited by keegslotus on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
keegslotus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft coming soon just looking for early feedback
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the trade value chart our first is equal to 1600 Pt's, Washington's 1,3, and 6th is equal to about 1155 Pt's, plus we throw in Decker? It makes no sense.

The way Revis played this year, I don't see him making a successful move to S. I'm not sure why we want both Whitworth and Joeckel. Whitworth is about 35 and will probably want a big pay day. Ideally Joeckel would get the chance to play LT.

I'm assuming Bostic and Nassib, etc are low cost.
keegslotus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for some feedback
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi and Reddick might not make it to our 3rd round pick never mind 5th. IMO, if they put up good numbers at the combine they could go late first,early second
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of what you did here.

Not a huge fan of keeping Revis and converting him to S. IF he takes a pay cut down to 6-7 million which is what he would be on the books for anyway then it would be worth the experiment, all depends on the numbers.

I don't like going into the year with Wes Johnson as our starting C. He played ok in spot duty, but having as good of a C as we can get if we are going to be trying to make it work with young inexperienced QB's. Nothing helps like a good C.

I really like the idea of Nassib as a nice shot in the dark. I hadn't thought of him as a possibility, but i would be fine with that signing, and i assume it would be cheap.

I also like the idea of Escobar, another one I hadn't thought of, though i really don't see the Cowboys letting him walk. Though you never know thy don't have a ton of cap space. I think given more opportunity not being behind a future HOFer he could put up some decent numbers.

Not sold on Joeckel being worth much, the rest of FA is fine.

Love Foster he was who i had as our first rounder in my first mock. I don't know a ton about Garcia, and while I like addressing OT early I am worried that this mock kind of leaves us in a rough spot at LT, unless Joeckel gets healthy and gets better at football, or unless Garcia is a really fast learner things could be tough. I'm fine taking a chance on Williams, that could be a huge home run. Mixon in the 3rd is my favorite pick in this or any draft, that is who i have taking in my mocks. The rest seems fine i like Melfonwu in the 5th, and I'm fine taking a chance on Kelly if he's in the 6th.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of keeping Revis.
A few of the guys you have us drafting had great senior bowl weeks and I don't think will last till the picks you have us drafting them. But I do like overall the positions you had us addressing.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1st Mock draft finally added Reply with quote

keegslotus wrote:
-Cuts
David Harris
Marcus Gilchrist
Ryan Clady
Nick Folk
Breno Giacomini
Erin Henderson
Buster Skrine
-Restructure
Darrelle Revis- I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flank but I think he takes the payout switch him to free safety.
-Retire
Nick Mangold- comes to understanding his body can't hold out much longer and walks away
-Resigning
-Wes Johnson starting center
-Brian Winters starting guard
-Marcus Williams depth for corner
-Tanner Purdum reliable longsnapper
-Josh Martin depth and special teams
-Free Agency
-Ryan Nassib Qb competition, no he's never started. He was a good product coming out a few years ago and has sat behind Eli learning everything out of the Giants organization is great news about him.
-Gavin Escobar TE competition for ASJ he can catch and block as well as help out on special teams
-Luke Joeckel tackle/guard bust coming off a horrible injury give a year to sit back and recover while building him back up.
-Dre Kirkpatrick CB we get a good cover guy he should be able to step in and start day 1
-Marcus Copper nice depth for corner
-Trades
-Trade Sheldon Richardson to Dallas for their 3rd round pick
-Trade our 1st and 7th to the Cardinals for their 1st (13) 3rd and 5th in 2018. (Credit to Mr. O, I really like this trade and given Palmers possible retirement they could need to jump up to draft a falling quarterback)
-Trade Forte to Tampa Bay for a 7th
-Trade Decker to Washington for a 5th
Comp picks
Snacks 4th
Ivory 6th

DRAFT
1st- (13) Reuben Foster ILB Alabama. He's as safe as pick as they come in this draft. Him and Lee give us a very talented and fast linebacker core for years to come.
2nd- (39) Antonio Garcia LT Troy. We get our future franchise left tackle, he's NFL ready as a pass blocker, needs work as a run blocker. Has the frame to add weight. Luckily he won't be pushed into the starting role, he'll battle it out with Joeckel for the starting role.
3rd- (70) Tim Williams OLB Alabama. I've been seeing him drop in most recent mock drafts due to off-field red flags, and I'm cool with that. We get arguably one of the better pass rushers in the third. Having him rotate with Mauldin and Jenkins gives us a very good pass rush which we can keep fresh.
3rd- (77 via Arizona) Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma. Everybody here knows he has his baggage, I'm willing to take the chance on a possible top 3 runningback.
3rd- (92 via Dallas) Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova. He's 6-7 290 we use the pick we got for Sheldon to get his replacement. This kid has all the ability in the world and after the combine it's very possible he's not available here. But for now we get a great rotational player who can step in for Wilkerson if anything were to happen.
4th- (comp for Snacks) Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado. Everyone is high on Chidobe Awuzie that this guy seems to go unnoticed. Well he's 6-3 195 pounds and suppose to run a 4.5-4.6 forty he also led the league with 22 pass break-ups. He will make for the perfect boundary corner, luckily with the depth we already have he'll be able to be eased into the nfl.
5th- (152) Obi Melifonwu safety UConn. He's a size/speed freak at 6-3 217 with a projected 4.5 forty. He'did been getting reps at both safety and corner at senior bowl week. Watching film I see a guy who tackle well in the open field doesn't get beat deep,someone who can come down and play in the box while also matching up with tight ends and big bodied slot receivers. He spends a year on special teams and sub packages getting his feet wet, and takes a starting spot in year 2.
5th- (156 via Washington) Hasson Reddick ILB Temple. He's an undersized linebacker in the nfl who played DE in college. Between size and position change teams are going to be a little scared off that and he has a red flag or two in his past. Other than that those problems he has all the potential in the world to be a great cover linebacker with his speed. He is going to have to play special teams but he has the ability to stick around in the nfl as sub package backer.
6th- (169) Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor. 6-4 215 speedster who will not be going to the combine, he was suspended for 4 games in 2016 for a video of him beating his dog with a belt. Low risk high reward pick.
6th- (comp pick for Ivory) Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss. What can be said about Kelly, he's an [inappropriate/removed] who is hot-headed and can get himself into trouble. He also has shown the ability to play big in games and beat top end competition. A torn ACL and meniscus damage back in November make him a prime candidate for a redshirt freshman year in the NFL.
7th- (227) Jake Maulhardt TE Wyoming. Jake played wide receiver in college but at 6-6 230 he is viewed as a project tightend in the NFL. He could be similar to Enuwa as a big bodied chess peice. Most likely he'll find is way to the practice squad in year 1.
7th- (240 via Tampa Bay) Conrad Ukropina Kicker Stanford. Was good in college. But what really sticks out to me is he is completing his masters at Stanford in communication it's always nice to have an intelligent kicker.

Trading Decker for a fifth round pick is INSANE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: