Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze Newz: Volumez Threez, Pleeze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Heimdallr


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 9574
Location: Himinbjörg
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get Musgrave back as a QB coach. I'd love getting Tice back even more though.... one of the best OL coaches in the league
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 8192
Location: Sioux City/ University of Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Honestly wouldn't mind stealing him and Mike Tice from the Raiders...

wow, that was sad to say.


Lol. This is what we've come to.
_________________


Quote:
#Vikings H.C. Mike Zimmer: "I agree that it was a cheap shot. [Gregg Williams'] defenses are all like that."

FFMD '15 Vikings VP of Public Relations
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7270
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I would love to get Musgrave back as a QB coach. I'd love getting Tice back even more though.... one of the best OL coaches in the league

I see this a lot, but what's it based on? Oakland landing 3 well established, high price free agents? Or his poor offensive lines in Chicago, Atlanta, and Jacksonville?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 3494
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I'd love getting Tice back even more though.... one of the best OL coaches in the league


Well as of right now he doesn't have a job.

I still expect him to stay in Oakland, and I imagine Musgrave back to ATL.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 27870
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bills had a second interview with Sean McDermott on Wednesday and it ended with a job offer that McDermott accepted. As a result, the team has announced McDermott will be the 20th head coach in franchise history.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/bills-announce-sean-mcdermott-as-new-head-coach/

Quote:
Michael Silver of NFL Media mentions that if Mike McCoy doesn’t join Sean McDermott in Buffalo as his offensive coordinator — assuming, of course, that McDermott gets the Bills’ head-coaching job –, it’s possible the Bills could consider bringing in Norv Turner to run their offense.


http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-bring-norv-turner-offensive-coordinator/
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 3494
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Its Official,
we now have the Los Angeles Chargers.
I remember the talks of the Vikings moving, that would have broke my heart and I would have probably, sad to say, became a Pack..... nah, probably a Chiefs fan.



_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7270
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for Chargers fans, but the team gave the city every chance, and they chose to let the Chargers leave.

Not sure how well 2 teams in LA will fair, but it should be interesting to see what happens.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 27870
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not going to fair well at all. I still think they'd be better off replacing the Raiders and moving to the actual Bay Area. The 49ers are so far away from the Bay Area (in a driving sense) that the Chargers would be able to own the area. Either that, or move to San Antonio.

I expect that the Chargers will move again within 10 years.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Heimdallr


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 9574
Location: Himinbjörg
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a horrible decision. No way they are going to have any fan support in LA. They don't even seem to care about the Rams, why would they care about the Chargers?

And they are saying they are going to play in LA Galaxy's stadium until they have their own, even though it only seats 30,000? They are going to be losing $50M+ in ticket sales alone each year, and that is assuming they manage to sell out every game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 3494
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:


And they are saying they are going to play in LA Galaxy's stadium until they have their own, even though it only seats 30,000? They are going to be losing $50M+ in ticket sales alone each year, and that is assuming they manage to sell out every game.


I'm sure they are going to be raising prices to gather that. They should still sell out their season tickets. The have a pretty empty stadium in San Diego so now at least it should look a little more full. It will look better than what the Rams had in their stadium.

I personally think it was smart to play there.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heimdallr


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 9574
Location: Himinbjörg
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
It's not going to fair well at all. I still think they'd be better off replacing the Raiders and moving to the actual Bay Area. The 49ers are so far away from the Bay Area (in a driving sense) that the Chargers would be able to own the area. Either that, or move to San Antonio.

I expect that the Chargers will move again within 10 years.

Send the Raiders to Las Vegas, and then the Chargers to San Antonio once they flame out in LA. That seems ideal. I just don't think California cares too much about the NFL. They don't need more than the 49ers and Rams.

Soccer is already the biggest sport in California. They have 3 MLS teams (probably a 4th in San Diego in the next 2-3 years) and 4 USL/NASL teams. They also obviously have a lot of Liga MX supporters.
_________________


Last edited by Heimdallr on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 27870
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:


And they are saying they are going to play in LA Galaxy's stadium until they have their own, even though it only seats 30,000? They are going to be losing $50M+ in ticket sales alone each year, and that is assuming they manage to sell out every game.


I'm sure they are going to be raising prices to gather that. They should still sell out their season tickets. The have a pretty empty stadium in San Diego so now at least it should look a little more full. It will look better than what the Rams had in their stadium.

I personally think it was smart to play there.


As long as the NFL agrees to allow them to do so. I can't imagine that's any guarantee, since NFL bylaws require NFL games to be in at least 50,000 seat stadiums.
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 27870
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Rams have already made the announcement that Sean McVay will be their next head coach.


http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-rams-hiring-sean-mcvay-head-coach/
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 3700
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
The Rams have already made the announcement that Sean McVay will be their next head coach.


http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-rams-hiring-sean-mcvay-head-coach/


Then will Josh McDaniels go to the 49'ers? I can't imagine that anyone who wants a career as a head coach would want the San Francisco job. I would take the Browns ownership over the York family anytime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82072
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



new logo for the LA Chargers.
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group