Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it too early??
No
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Wouldn't you rather sign Cook than spend an early pick on a TE?

100%. I don't see a TE that's likely going to be worth their draft spot until the late third maybe at best.

Well there's 4 that could go in the first 2 rounds, and I wouldn't mind any of them at the bottom of the 2nd.

Howard, Njoku, Leggett, Hodges

I don't think any of them make it to #64.

You're probably right, but the value would be great for them if they were. Hodges and Leggett have a shot

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
cooters22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
I'd bet my house that we draft at least one corner in the first two rounds this year. I got my eye on Desmond King, whom for some reason has slid into the late first, 2nd round grade at the moment. Anybody know why he has slid a touch? I'd love him at the moment with our first round pick. That being said, I'd bet we go thoroughly into the combine with cb being our number one target.
It all has to do with speed with King. If he runs well at the combine or in workout he will go in the 1st .. if he runs a mid 4.5 40 he's a 2nd rounder. The guy is a good football player .. would love to have him. I've got him pegged for GB in round one.

I compare him to Al Harris, a crafty, in your face type guy. May never be great but will be a starting cb in this league. And I guess when drafting late in the first round that's all you can ask for.
cooters22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
I'd bet my house that we draft at least one corner in the first two rounds this year. I got my eye on Desmond King, whom for some reason has slid into the late first, 2nd round grade at the moment. Anybody know why he has slid a touch? I'd love him at the moment with our first round pick. That being said, I'd bet we go thoroughly into the combine with cb being our number one target.
It all has to do with speed with King. If he runs well at the combine or in workout he will go in the 1st .. if he runs a mid 4.5 40 he's a 2nd rounder. The guy is a good football player .. would love to have him. I've got him pegged for GB in round one.

Pegged by many as a safety and I tend to agree with that assessment. As much as I like Gunter I don't want 2 corners with hat speed outside.

I honestly think corner is his spot. Look at Casey Heyward, I don't think he was any faster than this kid. Nickel maybe?
cooters22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Wouldn't you rather sign Cook than spend an early pick on a TE?

I'd say do both. Honestly besides corners, this team has only so many glaring needs. TE's rarely are studs their first season anyways. Look at what NE has done with two stud TE's.
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where we pick I feel Howard will be a better player at TE then any other player at his position.

BPA at the time we pick. I'd take him in the top 15. I see a guy almost as big as Gronk but faster.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys quick question

I'm a Browns fan, and everyone wants us to trade with New England for Jimmy G.

I'm not a fan of his, he hasn't proved anything, and I think he'd cost too much.

A guy I really like is Brett Hundley. He always impressed me when I watched him in the pre-season, and it's seemed like he has developed behind Rodgers.

What do you think Hundley would cost in a trade? I'd love to have him come in and compete with our Cody Kessler and whoever else we would draft?

And in reality how likely is it you guys would be interested in trading Hundley, and if so what do you think he would cost?

Thanks good luck this week its going to be an interesting game.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
What do you think Hundley would cost in a trade? I'd love to have him come in and compete with our Cody Kessler and whoever else we would draft?

And in reality how likely is it you guys would be interested in trading Hundley, and if so what do you think he would cost?

At this point, I'm not sure there's really any incentive to trade Hundley so I think the offer would have to be overwhelming. He's still under contract for two more years, which means they don't need to move him this offseason. And I'd argue that his value could be higher a year from now. Hundley missed pretty much the entire preseason, and wasn't great in his limited PT during the regular season. I'd have to get back a 2nd pick to consider moving him IMO.

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I just like to feel like Yadier Molina is hugging me as I sleep.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
cooters22 wrote:

Pegged by many as a safety and I tend to agree with that assessment. As much as I like Gunter I don't want 2 corners with hat speed outside.

I honestly think corner is his spot. Look at Casey Heyward, I don't think he was any faster than this kid. Nickel maybe?
I don't want to draft someone who we would view as a permanent nickel in the 1st though unless the value was outstanding. King's value, as of today, isn't outstanding in the first.

My main problem though is Rollins and Gunter don't have elite speed. I don't really want 3 guys in that secondary who don't have outside speed. 4.46 for Randall, 4.57 for Rollins and 4.69 for Gunter and estimated 4.53 for King but I don't love the fluidity with that time.

CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're a few years off from nickel backs being taken on day one. The proliferation of sub packages and teams wanting to space things out makes a third corner invaluable.
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Hey guys quick question

I'm a Browns fan, and everyone wants us to trade with New England for Jimmy G.

I'm not a fan of his, he hasn't proved anything, and I think he'd cost too much.

A guy I really like is Brett Hundley. He always impressed me when I watched him in the pre-season, and it's seemed like he has developed behind Rodgers.

I think you could get him for a 3rd this year. And I'm not sure if you would want him yet. He looked great as a rookie, but then was injured for a lot of this past pre-season. I'm unsure of the development.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
cooters22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:
Where we pick I feel Howard will be a better player at TE then any other player at his position.

BPA at the time we pick. I'd take him in the top 15. I see a guy almost as big as Gronk but faster.

I can't argue with you at all on this. I wonder at the combine how far this guy is going to move up? I have a gut feeling someone is gonna fall in love with him and grab him early. I think his numbers are going to be scary good!
cooters22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
cooters22 wrote:

It's not a exact science. Let's remember Richard Sherman was a 4.56 guy.

I like what you are saying but we got to remember some of the best cover corners don't necessarily have the best 40 times. Richard Sherman was a 4.56 coming out, whereas Darelle Revis was a 4.38. It's not always a exact science. But speed always helps.

I don't want to draft someone who we would view as a permanent nickel in the 1st though unless the value was outstanding. King's value, as of today, isn't outstanding in the first.

My main problem though is Rollins and Gunter don't have elite speed. I don't really want 3 guys in that secondary who don't have outside speed. 4.46 for Randall, 4.57 for Rollins and 4.69 for Gunter and estimated 4.53 for King but I don't love the fluidity with that time.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
cooters22 wrote:

It's not a exact science. Let's remember Richard Sherman was a 4.56 guy.

I like what you are saying but we got to remember some of the best cover corners don't necessarily have the best 40 times. Richard Sherman was a 4.56 coming out, whereas Darelle Revis was a 4.38. It's not always a exact science. But speed always helps.

For sure, but Sherman was a 5th round pick. I'm not against drafting a corner with slower speed if the rest of the game is there. I jsut don't like the spot in the late 1st for King, and his speed has something to do with it.

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanspeak Mock
1st Takkarist McKinley
2nd Marlon Humphrey
3rd Adoree Jackson
4th Kareem Hunt
5th Jon Heck
5th Duke Riley
6th Brandon Bell
7th Damarius Travis

First 3 are a stretch if you ask me...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

At this point, I'm not sure there's really any incentive to trade Hundley so I think the offer would have to be overwhelming. He's still under contract for two more years, which means they don't need to move him this offseason. And I'd argue that his value could be higher a year from now. Hundley missed pretty much the entire preseason, and wasn't great in his limited PT during the regular season. I'd have to get back a 2nd pick to consider moving him IMO.

I agree. You get rid of him, then you have no backup. Let a team like Cleveland offer us the moon. They are the team that can't draft a qb, so I'd think they'd be wise to go for a guy like Hundley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 42 of 49

Jump to: