Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jordy Nelson Fractures 2 Ribs - Out vs Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.flash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@persiandud, you've definitely got a point. Jordy's a home run threat - he can take it to the house in ways I don't think any one of our WR's can outside of Janis. Davante beats his man right off the snap, which usually gives him good enough separation for Aaron to hit him. He's elusive with the ball in his hands but he doesn't break 'em the way Jordy can. With Cobb, I can't say I've even seen that many deep shots to him. His small frame makes him a less than ideal WR in that scenario.

I'm also loathe to predict how much a rookie like Allison or a guy like Janis could step up for us in a divisional playoff game. We'll see... it's gonna take a balanced attack with or without Jordy. I was not a fan of how long it took us to get the run game involved in the last game against the Giants. I think it really helps the OL out to get the defense at least thinking about a possible run play.

X-factors gotta be Cook & Allison at this point. You sort of expect Rodgers, Adams and Cobb to show up but we're going to need at least one of Cook or Allison to bring it against the Boys - and beyond should we get there and Jordy's out longer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Jordy. Also, Leon Hall has been a good guy most of his career and I don't think the hit was intentionally dirty. Just one of those things. To compare this offense to 2015 w/o Jordy isn't really fair. All the moving parts are so radically different (including the emergence of RBs and elite OL play).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. This is the longest week I can recall. It feels like it should be Friday already. And I have off Friday, so that's going to drag by twice as slow Laughing

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Ugh. This is the longest week I can recall. It feels like it should be Friday already. And I have off Friday, so that's going to drag by twice as slow Laughing

Youre telling me...this is my last week at my job before new gig starts and ive slowly been phasing myself out. Not much to do so im just kinda chilling, serving as a resource and fantasizing about Hail Rodgerses....
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Youre telling me...this is my last week at my job before new gig starts and ive slowly been phasing myself out. Not much to do so im just kinda chilling, serving as a resource and fantasizing about Hail Rodgerses....

nice, sticking around Madison?

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
phillipraz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis, Abby, Rich Rod, Kuhn were our 4 leading WRs in last year's Cards playoff game.

Even without Jordy, this year's WRs look like the greatest show on turf compared to what we rolled out in last year's dvisional game.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeshoppe wrote:
Why don't we sub out OL every 5 plays? They're doing a ton more work and taking a ton more wear than WRs or RBs.

^ Didn't understand the argument being made.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
persiandud wrote:
i'm honestly a bit shocked so many Packer fans (not just in this forum, everywhere I look) are feeling good about this game if we go in without Jordy Nelson

ya'll remember last season? our WRs with Jordy still struggle to separate consistently

Rodgers would have to be Godgers for 60 min for us to win. it's a huge loss

It's def a loss, but Ya'll remember last Sunday against a better defense? 38 points without Jordy.

That's largely because they were forced to adjust in-game. Being able to game plan is a totally different story.

The loss of Jordy Nelson can be taken advantage of.
GreenBlood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepConvection wrote:

So can Dallas' secondary.
DeepConvection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBlood wrote:
DeepConvection wrote:

So can Dallas' secondary.

I agree, and Rodgers can take advantage of just about any D. That being said, don't be surprised if he has a hard time finding open recievers. Dallas just got one of thier top corners back from being out most the season right as the Pack just lost Jordy. Not good timing.

If the running game can't get going, then the X factor for the offense will probably have to be Cook catching passes and/or manipulating coverages. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Montgomery splitting out to, or lining up at, WR either.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a few years ago in the playoffs the Cowboys had no answer for how to handle Cobb running pass routes out of the backfield ... look for double trouble today for them with Montgomery and Cobb both running pass routes out of the backfield.
Mo-Cheese-Mo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be sweet to hear some time this week that Jordy is set to return to the field next Sunday in Atlanta.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if he can play, my fear is they will deliberately take a shot at him to test his ribs. They put on some big hits against Seattle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: