Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dupree vs Moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Dupree vs Moore Reply with quote

this hit might have changed the game, I think it did. While moore might have passed protocol for concussion, he might have been rattled and less than 100% mentally. The TO's he had could have been a result from the Dupree Hit which has made Bud quite well known on the internet Twisted Evil

This is the sort of play we need, Harrison won't take the chance anymore but others can Very Happy It was close to being clean, I don't think it was intentional but rather a result of the pace, Bud was entering 4.6 speed at 270+ Shocked

I want this to happen again in every game for now on, that is the message tomlin should get across
TheClocksTickin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our explosive offense changed the game. Not a blatant roughing the passer penalty.

Head scratcher.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheClocksTickin wrote:
I think our explosive offense changed the game. Not a blatant roughing the passer penalty.

Head scratcher.

the hit could have rattled the qb, and as a result he was careless when he would normally not have been. His awareness on the TO's looked lacking, but I am not a qb either Shhh
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvArsKUVo8M

watched this about 20 times easily Applause

Steeler play off the year candidate IMO. At the end of the year we should put together top 10 plays
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Tuesday afternoon Moment of Zen.

Now if Dupree can do the same thing to Alex Smith a few inches lower, that would be perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post JL58, definitely a play to remember.

I now expect Bud to be doing this (but as you advised) and not to just qb's either Laughing Bringing back intimidation will be a key factor in rebuilding the D and establishing a legit D IMO. There is something to be said about intimidation , even in the flag football of today. It can be instilled , just have to be careful about it. Stay away form the knees and concussion area, and penalties shouldn't occur.

Deebo can't do this anymore, but others can . D needs players willing to take the chance IMO. Nobody on our D can generate the kinetic energy that 270 LBds with 4.6 speed does though Shocked

Not quite Dumas or Coryatt but will do for now. Looking forward to this week Cool
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

I now expect Bud to be doing this (but as you advised) and not to just qb's either Laughing Bringing back intimidation will be a key factor in rebuilding the D and establishing a legit D IMO. There is something to be said about intimidation , even in the flag football of today. It can be instilled , just have to be careful about it. Stay away form the knees and concussion area, and penalties shouldn't occur.

Deebo can't do this anymore, but others can . D needs players willing to take the chance IMO. Nobody on our D can generate the kinetic energy that 270 LBds with 4.6 speed does though Shocked

Not quite Dumas or Coryatt but will do for now. Looking forward to this week Cool

Hits like that are plenty intimidating. Man, that size, speed and explosion. You can't teach that. Very Happy If he can keep adding to his tool box of pass rushing moves, he can be a dynamic force. And the beauty is, he's still only 23.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dupree is getting me excited about his future.

However, beyond him and Harrison (who will be retiring after this season), we will have nothing beyond him at OLB.

We need to add a couple pass rushers. They better not even fathom keeping Jarvis Jones....even for cheap. He is a waste of a roster space. I do think he could be valuable for a 4-3 team as a stopgap starter or quality depth, but he really has no place in the 34. He has proven that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Hits like that are plenty intimidating. Man, that size, speed and explosion. You can't teach that. Very Happy If he can keep adding to his tool box of pass rushing moves, he can be a dynamic force. And the beauty is, he's still only 23.

This might be a regular play from Dupree, and I think he let up on Moore. I am expecting hits like this from Dupree, he has the ability to create such kinetic energy but time will tell. No suspensions at this point, we need him for the playoffs. Mad
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

However, beyond him and Harrison (who will be retiring after this season), we will have nothing beyond him at OLB.

We need to add a couple pass rushers. They better not even fathom keeping Jarvis Jones....even for cheap. He is a waste of a roster space. I do think he could be valuable for a 4-3 team as a stopgap starter or quality depth, but he really has no place in the 34. He has proven that.

Love what I've seen from Dupree recently. The defense has really taken off since he returned. (not saying it was all because of him but a good sign nonetheless)

I'm not sure Harrison retires unless we win the SB. He's found that top gear again. Hard to believe.

Definitely need at least one really good OLB. Maybe another one to compete and push the others. Jones is gone. Chick hasn't shown much. Moats is Moats - good for depth.

Who are your favorite EDGE guys to draft so far?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Love what I've seen from Dupree recently. The defense has really taken off since he returned. (not saying it was all because of him but a good sign nonetheless)

I'm not sure Harrison retires unless we win the SB. He's found that top gear again. Hard to believe.

Definitely need at least one really good OLB. Maybe another one to compete and push the others. Jones is gone. Chick hasn't shown much. Moats is Moats - good for depth.

Honestly, I likely wont know much about most of this years prospects. I havent watched nearly as much football as I usually do.

I loved Carl Lawson before the season. Not sure how he looked this year, but if he is still a candidate, would love him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Honestly, I likely wont know much about most of this years prospects. I havent watched nearly as much football as I usually do.

I loved Carl Lawson before the season. Not sure how he looked this year, but if he is still a candidate, would love him.

Yeah, I have watched very little college football this year. Will have to dig in after the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: