Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Comp Pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Comp Pick Reply with quote

"According to early projections by OverTheCap.com have the black and gold getting just one compensatory pick, and that would be for Beachum, who left the Steelers for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Although that may disappoint some fans, the projection has the Steelers receiving a 5th round draft pick for losing Beachum" BTSC

Great news.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Comp Pick Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
"According to early projections by OverTheCap.com have the black and gold getting just one compensatory pick, and that would be for Beachum, who left the Steelers for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Although that may disappoint some fans, the projection has the Steelers receiving a 5th round draft pick for losing Beachum" BTSC

Great news.

It all comes down to free agents we lost and free agents we signed. If last year we lost say 4 free agents, and signed 2, then we get 2 Comp picks. What round depends on one...what round we drafted them in, and two...what salary they sign for.

For example..say Antonio was a free agent after this season, and he left. And we did not sign any free agents...yes we would get a single Comp pick...but it would not be a 6th rounder...which is where Antonio was selected. It would likely be a 3rd rounder.
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Comp Pick Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:

Great news.

we still have a better overall LT. Beachum might have been better with speed rushers but that was it and I would say marginally better. Everything else AV is a major improvement.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt mind Beachum, but I am glad we passed on him and went with AV.

Then again, Im convinced Munch could make a decent OLineman out of anyone. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

That being said, I'm excited to see what he can do with a healthy Jerald Hawkins next year. Especially after seeing Finney hold his own while at OG and Hubbard has made his presence felt when coming in as an extra OLman.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

That being said, I'm excited to see what he can do with a healthy Jerald Hawkins next year. Especially after seeing Finney hold his own while at OG and Hubbard has made his presence felt when coming in as an extra OLman.

Yep....I was going to mention Hawkins.

He has nice tools that Munch can definitely work with.

That being said, I would like to keep AV around....but only for the right price. While he has been solid for us, much like Beachum, I dont think he is some type of top LT talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: