Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts from the Around the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Kadar, SB Nation

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans (via Los Angeles Rams) - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

Key needs: CB, WR, S, MLB

It’s clear that the Titans need a legit No. 1, shutdown cornerback but is the fifth pick too high to get that player? Take out “shutdown cornerback” in the previous sentence and the same can be said for wide receiver. The Titans could go after one of the elite playmaker safety early. A middle linebacker the Titans just need a dependable player who can get forward and stop the run and occasionally drop in coverage.

18. Tennessee Titans - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

We double dip in the secondary... which we can't completely be upset about........ Think it's the first time I see Hooker over Adams, but it won't be the last... they'll be jockeying for the next few months......... The 1-4 pattern of Garrett/Trubisky/Watson/Allen holds once again........If we're going to trade down, it's going to have to be somebody going after a QB... Kizer possibly... but there doesn't seem to be a clear cut 5th player after those 4... personally I don't think any of the QBs are even top 10, but the NFL is so QB hungry that I'm hoping 3 go in the top 5... just to allow us the the opportunity to trade down.........

- Other players of interest to us...
    Adams - 7th
    Williams - 9th
    Humphrey (1st CB) - 10th
    Peppers - 12th
    Davis - 13th
    Tabor - 14th
    Foster - 17th
VY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope we're able to make a splash at CB in free agency, and don't try a bunch of bargains like last year with McCain and Blake. I think Robinson will have his method and stick to it, but getting a top CB in FA would really allow for a luxury pick at #5 like Foster or a TE like OJ Howard later in the first. Robinson has done an amazing job building out depth so fast, I don't know that we've ever really been in a position since the team's been in Nashville to truly go BPA in the first regardless of the top 1 or 2 needs.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if Trubisky or Watson can fall down to 5... any teams out there that have a need and the ammo to move up?
VY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Man, if Trubisky or Watson can fall down to 5... any teams out there that have a need and the ammo to move up?

Probably only if it's a boatload of picks from 2017 and 2018. I guess maybe CLE if they don't go QB @ #1... they could send #12, 1st pick of the 2nd and our 2nd that we gave up for Conklin back and maybe a bit more.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Probably only if it's a boatload of picks from 2017 and 2018. I guess maybe CLE if they don't go QB @ #1... they could send #12, 1st pick of the 2nd and our 2nd that we gave up for Conklin back and maybe a bit more.

I'd say one second would easily be enough to get us to trade back. Definitely won't get both 2nds.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper, Mel - ESPN

Quote:
5. Mike Williams - WR - Clemson
One of the stars in the Tigers' national title game win, Williams finished the season with 98 catches for 1,361 yards and 11 touchdowns. He's the top wideout in this draft. Marcus Mariota could use a deep threat and chain-mover -- Williams was fifth in the country in 2016 with 60 catches that resulted in first downs.

18. Marlon Humphrey - CB - Alabama
I've mentioned this before, but 2017 could be the year of the third-year sophomore. Humphrey is the fifth such player I listed in the first round. A hamstring injury slowed him down toward the end of the 2016 season, but he's an outstanding prospect with great size (6-1, 196). The Titans have two first-round picks -- I gave them Mike Williams at No. 5 -- and cornerback should be a spot they target.

I don't know if many of you would be happy with this combo at 5/18... but it does fit the "winning" mentality that Robinson mentioned last offseason, both players coming from the past 2 National Champions.

Other picks of note:

I'm seeing the trend away from 2 QBs in the top 4... Adams breaking last week's top 4 monotony of 2 D and 2 Qbs...

Lattimore - 6... looks like you Lattimore guys may be on to something

Davis, Foster, and Hooker all fall outside the top 10.. with Davis going all the way at 28. He also has Peppers (16) going before Hooker (17)
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF - Steve Palazzolo (latest mock posted 1/18 )

Quote:
5. Tennessee Titans
Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
(from Los Angeles Rams)

Like the Browns, the Titans have leverage in the first round with picks at five and 18, and while a cornerback should certainly be on their radar, the depth at the position may allow them to pick one up later in the round. Instead, they go with Williams to provide a big target for QB Marcus Mariota. Williams can win in the possession game, using his big body to win the position battle against cornerbacks on slants and posts but he also has the body control to win in contested, downfield situations. That combination led to the No. 3 receiving grade among FBS receivers in 2016 as Williams was Deshaun Watson’s go-to guy on their national championship run.

18. Tennessee Titans
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

With only one year of action in Ohio State’s secondary, Lattimore made a strong early impression with his ability to hang with receivers down the field while showing the skills to make plays on the ball. He’s yet another six-foot corner with excellent movement skills that translated to the field as opposing quarterbacks had a passer rating of only 30.2 when targeting Lattimore and he’ll fill a major need for the Titans at cornerback.

Other picks of interest:

6. Jalen Tabor
7. Jamal Adams
9. Corey Davis
10. Malik Hooker
11. Reuben Foster (wha?!)
13. Sidney Jones
14. Cordrea Tankersley
15. Desmond King
26. Marlon Humphrey
27. Jourdan Lewis
29. John Ross
30. Dede Westbrook
32. OJ Howard
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778266/article/threeround-mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns?campaign=tw-nf-sf52332000-sf52332000

1(5) Jamal Adams-S- LSU
1(18 ) David Njkou-TE-Miami
3(69 )-JuJu Smith-Schuster-WR-USC
3(83)- Kevin King-CB-Washington

This would be an excellent draft to me!
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778266/article/threeround-mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns?campaign=tw-nf-sf52332000-sf52332000

1(5) Jamal Adams-S- LSU

JuJu in the 3rd Shocked

Yes pls Laughing

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
SARGO127

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

1(5) Jamal Adams-S- LSU

Njkou over OJ Howard?
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SARGO127 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

1(5) Jamal Adams-S- LSU

Njkou over OJ Howard?

Yeah, I like Njkou but I have a hard time believing we'd pick him over Howard. I think Robinson, Mularkey and company are going to fall in love with Howard (if they already haven't) during this draft process, starting this week at the Senior Bowl.

#MTGA
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SARGO127 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

1(5) Jamal Adams-S- LSU

Njkou over OJ Howard?

I'd be pretty thrilled with either one. Njkou is pretty talented though. It would be a matter of fit.
I think OJ would fit better if we had to choose just one.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

1(5) Jamal Adams-S- LSU

Njkou over OJ Howard?

Yeah, I like Njkou but I have a hard time believing we'd pick him over Howard. I think Robinson, Mularkey and company are going to fall in love with Howard (if they already haven't) during this draft process, starting this week at the Senior Bowl.

But you got to admit, Njkou wouldn't be a bad "Plan B" pick if we miss out on Howard. But can Njkou run block any?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a homer but I like Njoku better. Has almost done more in his short career than Howard has done in his whole career. Howard is the better blocker right now but since Njoku didn't do it much in college, that could be a reason why. Learning under Mularkey and Delanie, Njoku would learn to block regardless. Both are pretty close but I'd take Njoku right now.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEs just aren't flashy enough for me to get excited about one in R1. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: