Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I am trying to get a fan base opinion of the team needs.

Just the top 3 or 4.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, a complete DL player is our biggest need. Doesn't matter whether it's an end or tackle, just someone that can stop the run and put some pressure on QBs. The way our D is set up, I feel that we need to have a dominant DL to help our young playmakers at linebacker. They are not north-south linebackers at this time, so we need our DL to be putting in work at the point of attack.

1. DL
2. FS
3. TE
4. OG

Would be my top 4

devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.9T Pass Rusher
We have Beasley rushing from the LB spot, but we need a compliment to him. Player needs to be able to play with his hand in the dirt.

2.UT
Jonathan Babineaux is 35 years old, and we need someone that can take his place sooner or later. The player can be depth next year, but he has to be ready to start by 2018.

3.OG
Chris Chester is the weak link in our offensive line, and should be upgraded immediately. Levitre is descent at the LG spot, but he should be upgraded in a year or two as well.

4.FS
Ricardo Allen is a ok player, but he can be upgraded, and he would probably be best as a backup to both safety spots.

After that, its all minor needs. On offense, maybe a 3rd back would be nice. A 3rd TE being Hooper and Toilolo can be handy. More depth behind our two starting tackles is needed. On defense, we need depth behind our three young LB starters, and we could use a 5th corner behind Trufant, Collins, Poole, and Alford.

#JDI
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DL- Someone to take the pressure off Vic and Grady. Preferably a DT as we have little to no depth aside from Shelby.
2. FS- We need a ballhawk. Win the turnover battle, win the game
3. G- Last piece to the OLine.
4. DL- One more lineman for DQ to mold. Whatever wasn't picked in the first round.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
ljm falcons 21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDL- ideally a player that can collapse the pocket from the inside with Grady but stout against the run. Somehow i feel we missed last years bumper crop of IDL by not drafting one, BUT very happy with how the draft panned out.

FS- Allen isnt an outstanding playmaker so would like someone like Malik Hooker or Marcus Maye.

OG- Chester is old, simple as, ive heard the team is high on schweitzer so i can see him getting a shot next year. But always good to add competition.

LB- loved deion jones pick and also devondre campbell, i think these are the only two LBs under contract after this season, i dont see us resigning all the LBs but maybe one of them comes back, unsure of who though, weatherspoon looked ok when he wasnt injured and he brings great leadership but how does he get injured so often.

Backup QB- Schaub is 35 who we may not resign but getting a younger QB is beneficial incase the worst happens.

Also devils1854, i would be interested to see how many times this year beasley has rushed from the LB spot and how many times he has rushed with his hand in the dirt. I know against Green bay he played spy a lot but i honestly cant remember him being stood up much, i might be wrong and i just cant remember due to heavy drinking and the stress of watching the falcons
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much a consensus of these 4 is what you are going to get my friend.

Free Safety - centerfield zone style

Edge Rusher - Someone to help Beasley get after the QB.

DT - We need a big nasty in the middle as i don't think we bring back most of our DT's. Maybe 1 of Hageman, Jackson, or Babs comes back or none? Grady Jarrett is probably the only legit one we have right now.

RG - Chris Chesters time has about run it's course at his age he has done well but it's time to get younger at RG and finish this O-line off for the next 5 or so years the rest of ryans Prime.

In the later rounds for depth and quality i would look at a

Power Running back like 225 or 230+ with some huge upside for goal line and short yardage situations.

Lb Depth would be nice to have to if we don't bring all the old vets back.
freeman+coleman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whichever player is going to make the most impact in the first round out of DE, DT and FS.

OG in rounds 3-4.

BPA 5-7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: