Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Move Flowers to RT, move Hart to RG and compete with Jerry (atleast build depth). Re-sign JPP, cut cruz, keep DRC, let Hankins sign somewhere else (Let Bromley start with Thomas backing him up), keep Keenan Robinson, cut Kelvin Sheppard (move goodson to back up). Defense should look the same besides Thompson back at starting FS and Bromley starting next to Hankins.

I like the guy who posted about Ruben Randle...I know he was a headache but you cant tell me that he wouldn't have done a better job on the outside than Cruz and he's younger. Bring him back and roll with RR, OBJ, Shep, Lewis, King as our WR core next year.

We get Will Johnson and Vereen back next year so I don't think RB is a huge concern, I think Perkins should start (cut Jennings), Johnson at FB, Vereen on 3rd downs.

We would in my opinion have huge holes at LT and TE...I really wanted Jake Butt from Michigan with our first pick but after tearing his ACL I don't think his value is 1st round anymore. Maybe we can grab him in the second or third depending on heath. Another option would be OJ Howard from Bama, I think he can be a really good player who can contribute on passing downs and block for the run game. Either way...LT and TE have to be the biggest holes on this roster. Period.

I would not want to bring back Ruben Randle he was either running the wrong routes or giving up on them. I just believe the passing attacked looked better with him in it because he was a legit outside wide out (just not a good one).

I am just having trouble thinking of who we could get in free agency to fill in that role. Alshon Jeffrey and Desean Jackson are going to be too expensive. Terrelle Pryor and Brandon Marshall are both Divas, our locker room already has one in OBJ, nothing good can happen by bringing in another.

The guy couldn't make the eagles and just sat out a year. No thanks. I'd love Pryor
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to give Roger Lewis and Tavares King a chance to win the outside WR job. I think a 3 WR set with one of those 2 and OBJ/Shepard could be effective enough. The bigger thing is a great TE to take advantage of the middle of the field that can block as well. When Donnell comes in, everyone knows it's a pass. Similarly, when Dwayne Harris comes in, everyone knows its a run. Need to have personnel that can do everything. I'm a big fan of OJ Howard for us in the first.

The bigger need on offense is OL and RB after TE. Need to become 2 dimensional. Perkins is a good addition, but he isn't the bell cow. Would love to see him in a 2 RB rotation with someone like James Conner, who could be had in the 4th this draft. We tried to have Jennings run like a big, hammer like back and he just isn't. Move Flowers to RT, Hart to RG, and get a legit LT.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Draft a RB in the first round? Are you kidding me?First of all RB wasn't the problem. Our o-line arent very good run blockers. We are a power running team that really hasn't got all that much power. Our run offense is at its best when it's on the move. Also I don't know who his declaring but the RB in this draft is deep.

I say we keep JPP and Hankins if feasible and get some situational pass rushers. That's what we need. We can't have OV playing that high percentage of snaps. Yeah we need a LBers and a TE. Keep DRC, he's still worth what he is paid. Now let's get one thing straight, you can't address all needs in one off season. So our priority is a OL and then I say some DLine depth. You gotta start there.

I want Kendall Wright, he should be cheap and Nick Perry. Both aren't gonna get long term deals. They will get short term deals.

Yes, except if the value isn't there. I'd be considering a LT if there is one available around our 1st round pick but most experts are saying there aren't many top guys this year (this always changes but going off what we know for now). Same thing with FA - not a true franchise LT available.

I'm not necessarily saying go RB is the biggest thing we should be looking for but if a RB is best available when we pick, Perkins should not be keeping us from picking him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
I want to give Roger Lewis and Tavares King a chance to win the outside WR job. I think a 3 WR set with one of those 2 and OBJ/Shepard could be effective enough. The bigger thing is a great TE to take advantage of the middle of the field that can block as well. When Donnell comes in, everyone knows it's a pass. Similarly, when Dwayne Harris comes in, everyone knows its a run. Need to have personnel that can do everything. I'm a big fan of OJ Howard for us in the first.

The bigger need on offense is OL and RB after TE. Need to become 2 dimensional. Perkins is a good addition, but he isn't the bell cow. Would love to see him in a 2 RB rotation with someone like James Conner, who could be had in the 4th this draft. We tried to have Jennings run like a big, hammer like back and he just isn't. Move Flowers to RT, Hart to RG, and get a legit LT.

I completely agree with OJ Howard. I'm in love with what he could do for this offense and I think if we draft him we don't need to add to our current WRs. Roger Lewis is a big bodied receiver that was highly recruited out of high school and if it wasn't for law trouble he would of been much more sought after. King has shown flashes. Plus I don't think it's a lack of talent. The play calling sucks plain and simple. Route combinations are high school level. We would benefit from an actual OC before adding another WR

As for defense it sounds like both mcadoo and Reese want Hankins and JPP back. Reese already said he thinks signing both of them is doable. Mcadoo also wants cruz back, definitely on a discounted rate which I'm okay with. Get him on a vet minimum to be a leader and locker room presence and make a big catch here and there. Beckham isn't ready to lead anything, guy can't control himself let along anyone else. Shepherd, king, and Lewis are obviously all young. Need a vet in there
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, did OJ Howard impress me last night

Gmen wrote:
I liked the idea of Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley or Eliot in the past few drafts. If there is a true bell cow available at 23, I will once again support the idea. We need to move away from this one dimensional offense. No matter how good OBJ is, it's easy to defend when you don't have to respect the running game. The offensive line is part of the problem, but only part of the problem.

I think we need a new #2 receiver, preferably a bigger body. We need size to complement Sheppard and OBJ, so I'd pass on Kendall Wright. Nick Perry is going to get paid big money.

We also need a TE, and there are two guys that are going to blow the top off at the combine - Howard from Alabama, and the kid from Miami. Both might be intriguing options at 23.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Draft a RB in the first round? Are you kidding me?First of all RB wasn't the problem. Our o-line arent very good run blockers. We are a power running team that really hasn't got all that much power. Our run offense is at its best when it's on the move. Also I don't know who his declaring but the RB in this draft is deep.

I say we keep JPP and Hankins if feasible and get some situational pass rushers. That's what we need. We can't have OV playing that high percentage of snaps. Yeah we need a LBers and a TE. Keep DRC, he's still worth what he is paid. Now let's get one thing straight, you can't address all needs in one off season. So our priority is a OL and then I say some DLine depth. You gotta start there.

I want Kendall Wright, he should be cheap and Nick Perry. Both aren't gonna get long term deals. They will get short term deals.

Yes, except if the value isn't there. I'd be considering a LT if there is one available around our 1st round pick but most experts are saying there aren't many top guys this year (this always changes but going off what we know for now). Same thing with FA - not a true franchise LT available.

I'm not necessarily saying go RB is the biggest thing we should be looking for but if a RB is best available when we pick, Perkins should not be keeping us from picking him.

I don't know anything about the draft this year but you're telling me we won't find a good addition to our line picking in the 20s?. I'm talking a RT or a RG. Not looking for a franchise LT.

You don't get a RB before our o-line has even been sorted out. That's a silly move. You can't expect a RB to just all of a sudden make our o-line competent. We have to address the trenches first. Every thing else is secondary.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
bigblew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to bringing Cruz back to be a leader. If he was a leader that boat trip never goes down.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very weak OL and QB class and a strong RB, TE, and DL class. Top heavy in DB. If Mike McGlinchy declares, there are maybe 3 first round OT.

Reese has already said flowers may not stay at LT.

Maybe Beatty will play LT for a year or two. Or move pugh to LT, Flowers to RT, Hart to one guard spot, and sign another G.

Donta Foreman from Texas is a power back. With Perkins and Vereeniging.. wowza.

OJ Howard, Donta Foreman, Carlos Watkins, Deshean Hall/Anthony Walker. Sign a G, sign a P, sign a K.
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Perry won't be expensive, he's not gonna get big money due to his injury history. He's likely gonna be on a prove it deal.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the RG of the future on our roster, we just have to play him there. Brett Jones will man the RG spot next season, and I think the Giant's might be planning to move Flower to the Right side. So that would make one of our biggest needs on the roster, a LT.

I also think we are moving on from Victor Cruz, and will either look to replace him in the draft or through a cheap signing in FA. In the draft my top choice for us at #23 (if we decide to ge receiver again, and trust me this is me basically beating a dead horse because I have been wanting him in big blue since last year) Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan. I have been preaching that he would be the PERFECT fit on the outside next to OBJ. He's a beast. Please Jerry, make this happen.

Another need for us would be on the defensive line, I don't think we will re-sign JPP (which is why I think we don't think we go receiver in round 1), so I could definitely see us grabbing Taco Charlton. Really like this guy, and he falls into the exact mold that Reese looks for in EDGE prospects.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Nick Perry won't be expensive, he's not gonna get big money due to his injury history. He's likely gonna be on a prove it deal.

26 yo with 11 sacks will get big money from someone, injuries or not.

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Sign: JPP, Sensabaugh, Robinson, Tye

Cut: Cruz, Jennings, JT Thomas.

Let Walk: Beatty, Jerry, Herzlich, Hall, Newhouse, Hankins, Sheppard, Darkwa, Whitlock, Nassib, Josh Johnson, Donnell.

Sign: Martellus Bennett (TE hasn't been the same since he left and we have to many other needs to take a TE in the draft 1st round), Ronald Leary (will play RG for us next to Flowers, we would be able to run the ball on anybody on the right side and it allows Hart to be our swing tackle), Latavius Murray (I don't trust Perkins is ready for the starting role and we need a RB to take most of the work load), Kenny Britt (We haven't had a big WR since Hakeem Nicks in his prime and Eli loves having a reliable TE in the middle and a big WR on the outside. Odell, Britt, Shep in the slot with Bennett at TE over the middle will be hard to stop.)

Draft: 1st. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin (get a LT that we need, wouldn't even be opposed to trading up and getting Cam Robinson if he somehow falls like Tunsil did last year. But either way Ramcyzk, Pugh, Richburg, Leary Flowers is a pretty dicent oline compared to last year and Ramcyzk, Leary, Flowers can all run block very well.

2nd. Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (will have to replace Hankins for leaving)

***That's who I have in my mock so far, obviously a full mock will come as the offseason progresses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: